September 12, 2006

Birthday Bouquets

So far I’ve had a very special day. First when the doctor came to my room this morning to get my rest heart rate and BP, he brought me flowers. Then when I opened the door of our room to the hallway, there was a big poster of me with happy birthday wishes on the wall.🙂

When I went down for breakfast there was a big arrangement of red roses, and a specially baked apple pie and some beautifully decorated food on the table. Soon after, General Korzoun walked in with the head of the training program and presented me with a big basket of white roses. I will send you some pictures.

They told me my birthday present is coming this afternoon. I was told that the tradition in Russia is that the person having a birthday throws a party. So I have invited everyone for beer after dinner.

This is a very special and memorable birthday as you can imagine. I’m only missing Hamid to make it perfect. 🙂

Quarantine is not too bad. It is just a little like groundhog day since everything is repetitive. We have designated times for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and quite a few choices of food. We are not allowed in the kitchen and cannot cook. We cannot leave the premises and can walk around only under supervision. I think I know how Martha Stewart felt in her minimum security prison😉

On the other hand, everyone is super nice and they are doing everything they can to help us and make our stay comfortable. I have made friends that I will remember forever. So all in all no complaints…

Just a few more days and I will be in orbit … Inshaallah🙂

Please accept my best congratulations for this historic birthday

Comment by pouria nazemi — September 12, 2006 @ 6:45 pm

I wish you all the best on your one of a kind trip and Good Luck. Happy Happy Birthday.

Comment by Farzin Asadollah — September 12, 2006 @ 7:00 pm

While looking out the ISS window and seeing how close we all truly live together….search the heavens for the answer to how we can all live together peacefully and respectfully to one another. May God bless you and your crew and keep you safe throughout your journey.

Comment by Pat McIntyre — September 12, 2006 @ 7:00 pm

4. Anousheh, You carry the hopes and aspirations of hundreds of thousands to space with you next week. It is, however, quite clear that you are the prefect global citizen ambassador to the International Space Station in so many unique ways. The Ansari family is an inspiration to citizens around-the-world who share the dream of commercial space development in the years ahead. Not only do I not only wish you an enjoyable and very successful flight but a subsequent successful impact as a symbol, a role model, and businessperson of the 21st Century space sector.

And, yes, hope you have the chance to come back to Virginia’s Wallops Island Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport for its first orbital launch in November. It might make a wonderful East Coast location for the launch of the ‘Explorer.’

Live long and prosper! We will cheer for you at launch and landing!

Comment by Jack Kennedy — September 12, 2006 @ 7:17 pm

I have recently become aware of your good fortune to leave this Earth and for a little while touch the face of infinity. How I envy you. I am 60 years old now and for a lifetime have dreamed of what you are about to do. But if, by some miracle, the choice of who could go came down to you or me, I would happily step aside for you to go. Perhaps you, in your special role as a Muslim female and entrepreneur can in some way soften the hearts of humanity so that we all realize we are on this Earth together and presently there is no where else to go. We must find some way for peace. Hindu, Christian, Jew, Buddhist, Muslim and all the rest…..we are all brothers and must learn to act like it. May the God of the Universe bless you, whoever she/he/it is. My heart and prayers go with you.
    Brent Bedingfield

Comment by Brent Bedingfield — September 12, 2006 @ 8:24 pm

6. Happy Birthday Anoushe Khanoom,

Wish you the best. we’ll be waiting for your stories during your stay and when you come back.

I’ll be hopefully seeing it first hand one.

Comment by noushin k — September 12, 2006 @ 8:29 pm

7. Happy Birthday and good luck on your upcoming adventure!

Comment by Bernard Kyle — September 12, 2006 @ 9:52 pm

8. Dear Anousheh –

Wish I was along for the ride to take pictures! From the early days of Mercury and Gemini to the ISS, I have followed the visionary souls like you who venture into space. Regardless of race, creed, nationality or gender each “star voyager” adds to mankind’s knowledge of the universe. God speed and God bless.

Chris

p.s. Happy 40th!!

Comment by Christopher — September 12, 2006 @ 10:05 pm

9. Happy Birthday!

Question: how is your Russian?

Comment by David Anderman — September 12, 2006 @ 11:30 pm

10. Hi Anoushe joon
    Happy birthday
    Just wanted to let you know as an Iranian woman that I am proud of you and congradulate you for your up high dreams and achivement of this adventure
    Kiss the face of infinity for me, and say hi to the moonlight. I can not wait to hear your story when you come back.
    I wish a happy happy time during your stay, and I wish your unique host (The Orbit) make you the best memories, my prayers go with you during your historic trip.

Comment by Sima — September 12, 2006 @ 11:50 pm

I am a friend of your Aunt. Together, we vacationed in China, last year. She is so proud of you. I am, too. You are making history, as an American, a woman, and as an exceptional person. You are a credit to your family, your heritage and good people everywhere.
    Vaya con Dios!
    Ginny

Comment by Ginny Lester — September 13, 2006 @ 12:23 am

I feel your excitement and Hope you will have a safe trip back and forth. It is interesting and honorable to see an Iranian woman out in the space.
    good luck for your trip and happy birthday,
    Peyman from vancouver canada

Comment by Peyman Moghaddam — September 13, 2006 @ 1:15 am

You’re an inspiration to not only muslims and women, but to mankind. Fly high and show the world the meaning of the unconquerable human spirit. We’ll be following your tour de force with admiration. Australia is with you.

Safe home,

Olrence.

Comment by Olrence — September 13, 2006 @ 1:55 am

ba arezoye movafaghiat va tabrik roze tavallodetan
    aya shoma emshab ba shabake 4 tv iran mosahebe mikonid?
    ayyan be kametan

[Hi Anousheh
    Happy Birthday and hope you’ll be successful. Will you interview with
    Iran’s channel 4 tonight?
    Have a good time!]

Comment by amir — September 13, 2006 @ 5:07 am

It’s so wonderful to finally find a way to write to you, especially on your birthday. Dear friend, I wish you a wonderful experience and pray for your safe return. I will follow you in your trip and will proudly share your dream with my kids, family and friends.

My best wishes for your birthday and always. Send me a hug from up there when you look down to Los Angeles!

Comment by Maryam Toutounchian Abbassi — September 13, 2006 @ 6:21 am

16. Happy 40th birthday (I have 4 years to go until mine!), and hope you enjoy your space flight! I wish I could go, but I can only dream. Please take lots of photos!

Comment by Suzy — September 13, 2006 @ 6:33 am

17. Dear Ms. Ansari,

I admire you for your couurage and foresight. I hope you get a chance to learn about a breakthrough technology by a fellow Iranian at http://www.ContourCrafting.org.

The technology, currently under development at the University of Southern California and NASA will provide dignified shelter to billions of people on this planet and will facilitate the colonization of other planets possible by autonomous extraterrestrial construction. I would like to invite you to visit our lab in Marina Del Rey.

– Behrokh Khoshnevis, Professor and Inventor of CC

Comment by Behrokh Khoshnevis — September 13, 2006 @ 6:48 am

18. Salaaam, Dear Anousheh,

I wish u great and happy time in space. بدرود

Comment by Jalal Rohani — September 13, 2006 @ 7:56 am

19. salam anoushe khanoom

kheily be shoma eftekhar mikonim ke ye irani be hamchin maghami reside vaghan mer30000000000000000000000000000

movafagh bashin

khodanegahdar

[Hello Ms Anousheh
    I’m very proud of you, an Iranian in such position!
    Really thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    Good luck
    Bye]

Comment by Hamoon moghaddam — September 13, 2006 @ 9:14 am

I just read the news on your planned Space Flight on Iranian.com ..

As an Iranian Man, I Must say that I Am Proud of You ..

From One Engineer to another, I Want to wish you a safe trip first and foremost, and My Prayers are that you come back to Earth Safe and Sound ..

Enjoy Your Trip ..

Comment by amir gramian — September 13, 2006 @ 9:17 am

What an inspiration you are to us all.
    As Mark Shuttleworth did for our South African children, & especially my own son, I’m sure that your trip into space will help inspire & teach the children of the USA, & the world.
    God blees & a safe trip.
    Regards,
    David Moore (Johannesburg, SA)

Comment by david moore — September 13, 2006 @ 9:25 am

I wish you a safe and enjoyable flight into space. I was just wondering, willl you be able to continue to blog from space? Has anyone blogged from space before?

Paul

Comment by Paul Sutherland — September 13, 2006 @ 10:06 am

23. Happy Birthday Anousheh ! I bet this year’s present would be quit nice , or even cosmic:-)

Have a nice day!
    malgosia

Comment by Malgorzata Minta DZIENNIK — September 13, 2006 @ 10:08 am

great many happy returns to yo on your birthday … your statement is very right and apt..realy you have show the world that there is no limit to what they can accomplish.. in few moments you have become my inspiration. Hats off for your determination, persistence and dedication, which has brought you so far. i feel deeply happy for your achievements and wish you luck for your future. May be one day i would see this living legend face to face.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONCE AGAIN

regards

tharesh

Comment by Tharesh Sharma — September 13, 2006 @ 10:32 am

25. Congratulations on your birthday and on becoming the first WOMAN spaceflight participant. From the International Women’s Air & Space Museum in Cleveland, Ohio, USA.

Comment by marcy — September 13, 2006 @ 11:30 am

26. سلام خانوم انصاری…
    من زبانم خیلی خوب نیست برای همین فارسی می نویسم!
    تولدتون رو تبریک می گم و براتون آرزوی موفقیت دارم…راستش یکی از رویاهای کودکی من این که فضانورد بشم!
    وقتی شنیدم یه فرد ایرانی قرار یه فضا بره خیلی خیلی خوشحال شدم!

دوستدار شما
    تینا تیماج چی

[Hello Ms Ansari,
    My English is not very good so I have to write in Persian. Happy birthday. I wish you success and luck. When I heard an Iranian is going to space I became very happy. This was my childhood dream too.

Your fan
    Tina ]

Comment by tina timajchi — September 13, 2006 @ 11:45 am

27. HI DEAR ANOUSHEH
    I hope would have you best birthday party with stars.
    also wish that you will be the best motivation for all girls (although I am a boy)around the world especially those who live in the developing countries such as Iran to believe in themselves.hope to see you on earth again with your expriences.
    best wishes isa

Comment by isa emami tabrizi — September 13, 2006 @ 12:48 pm

28. May this be another small step towards a better tommorrow. God bless you for your courage and dedication.

Comment by Skenderbue — September 13, 2006 @ 2:08 pm

29. You are my dream in space.

Comment by Mahdi Taheri — September 13, 2006 @ 3:10 pm

30. Happy Birthday Anousheh, and my best wishes for your stay in orbit. Your vision and courage help transform the dream of humanity’s future in space into reality. On behalf of the literary Science Fiction community, allow me to wish you every success and happiness!

Dario Ciriello (in California)

Comment by one of us — September 13, 2006 @ 3:28 pm

31. سلام به اولين فضانورد خانم ايراني و البته مسلمان
    آرزومندم شما خانم سخت كوش و باهوش پروازي موفقيت آميز به فضاي شگفت انگيز داشته باشيد.دعاي همه ايرانيها پشت سر شما خانم با اراده خواهد بود.نميدونم شايد نتونيد فارسي بخوانيد اما بايد ياد بگيريد و با پشتكاري كه شما داريد حتما به زودي ياد خواهيد گرفت.الان ايران ساعت 19:45 هست.
    من از حالا منتظر هستم تا شما در برنامه آسمان شب صحبت كنيد.خيلي حس جالبي دارم.دوست دارم وقتي به فضا رسيديد اولين حرفي كه به زبان مي آوريد كلمه خدا باشه.موفق و سلامت بريد و برگرديد.

[ Hello to the first Iranian- Moslem astronaut!
    I wish you- an intelligent and hard working woman- have a successful flight to the space. All Iranian will pray for you. I don’t know if you can read Persian or not but If not you have to learn it and you are a fast learner. Here is 19:45 P.M and I’m waiting to see your interview in channel 4…I have a very special feeling. I like to think when you reach there the first thing you remember is God. Good luck and have a safe trip.]

Comment by hadi momeni — September 13, 2006 @ 4:22 pm

May your trip “up” also become a trip “out” for millions everywhere… but particularly women, girls, muslims and those whose yearning dreams are yet to come.
    With unbounded admiration for you, Hamid and Amir.

Pedro

Comment by pedro — September 13, 2006 @ 4:55 pm

33. Anousheh joon,

You and I used to sit almost at the same desk for one year in high school … such incredible memories. And today, you are due to orbit Earth in a few days; we cannot be more proud of you and your ambitions. I am sure your excitement right now is inconceivable. So, let me bid you godspeed in your journey.

khoda be hamrahat
    Fariba Harati

Comment by Fariba Harati — September 13, 2006 @ 6:01 pm

34. Salam Anousheh khanoom

Happy birthday and congratulations on this trip. I got really happy when I heard that an Iranian woman, true Iranian woman, is to be the first female tourist in the space. I admire your vision and courage and wish you the best for this 8 day trip.

Inshallah keh beh salamati miri va barmigardi, Inshallah.

Khosh begzareh
    Rasoul

Comment by Rasoul — September 13, 2006 @ 9:39 pm

35. hi ms ansari!
    i’m an iranian girl & with ur work i become hopefull for nextdays.
    all of the iranian girls & my friends love u & sending hello to u.
    thx for uy giant step!!!i’m proud of u.& i hope that u comeback healthy & better than ever!

Comment by masoumeh nourollahi — September 14, 2006 @ 4:28 am

36. Salam khanoome Ansari;Vaghean jalebehe ke dar sale 2000 yek nevisandehe kodak va nojavane irani be name violete razeghpanah jayesehe Unesco ra dar adabiat bord va karash ham dar barehe avalin nojavane irani bood ke be madare zamin safar kard.esme ketabe oo istgahe mir bood .Dar madar no javane irani sheri ra mikhanad ke agar bekhahid man anra barayetan mifrestam.
    Khoda be hamrahe shoma.Zakia singapore

[Hello Ms Ansari; It’s very interesting that on 2000 an Iranian writer (Ms Violet Razeghpanah) won UNESCO award in literature. Her book was about first Iranian teenager makes an orbital trip. The book’s name is ” MIR STATION”. In orbit the teenager rhymes a poem… if you want I can sent you that poem.
    May the God be with you.
    Zakia- Singapore

38. salam anouche jan
    baraton arezoye movafaghiyat mikonamn
    mansour hastam az esfahan

[Hello dear Anousheh
    I wish you luck, I’m Mansour from Isfahan]

Comment by mansour — September 14, 2006 @ 4:58 am

39. salam khanoom ansari .
    targih dadam in name ro be farsi benevisam choon shoma targih daid ba channal 4 iran mosahebe konid.
    pesari az iranam.ba yek donya arezoo
    emsal sale sakhti dar pish daram vali hamintor ke shoma goftid arezooha har che ghadr sakht bashand baz ham rahi baraye anhast
    Arezooye feli man rotbe tak raghami oovodan dar konkoore
    midoonam ke mitonam .pas age doos dashtid esme mano yadeto bashe.Man Ali Mohammadi am .rasti man ba inke hichi az faza nemidoonam vali mikham air space bekhoonam
    khoda be shoma oomid haye in javanan tavan karhaye bishtar ro bede
    ba behtarin arezooha.
    ali

[Hello Ms Ansari,
    I preferred to write this in Persian, as you preferred to talk to Iranian channel 4. I’m a teenager from Iran with lots of dreams. I’ll have a very difficult year this year… but as you said “Even for the most impossible dream, there is always a way to make it come true…” I want to enter university this year with best grades. I know I can do it. If you like remember my name. I am Ali Mohammadi. Although I don’t know anything about space but I want to continue my study in space engineering. God help you to be more successful, you are young Iranian hope.
    Best wishes, Ali]

Comment by ali mohammadi — September 14, 2006 @ 8:21 am

40. سلام!
    دیشب موقعی که صدای شما رو از طریق تلویزیون شنیدم خیلی خوشحال
    شدم…قبلا از طریق سایت یاهو کلیپی از شما دیده بودم.
    دیشب موقعی که گفتید آرزوهای هر چتد بزرگ با تلاش واقعیت پیدا می کنه ..به آینده فکر کردم که من هم می تونم روزی به فضا سفر کنم!
    من در زندگی شماو پروفسور حسابی را سرمشق خودم قرار دادم!
    دوست دار شما
    تینا

[Hi,
    Last night I was very happy to hear your voice. Before I’ve seen a video-clip from you on Yahoo site. When you said “we can achieve the impossible dreams…” I thought maybe one day I make a trip to space too. You and Professor Hesabi are my role models. Yours, Tina]

Comment by تینا تیماج چی — September 14, 2006 @ 9:33 am

41. salam anooshe khanoom
    man ye pesar nooojavoone irooni hastam
    kheyli khoshhalam ke ye irooni dare mire faza oonam ye 2khtar irooni…
    tavaloodeto bebakhshid..vali ba takhir tabrik migam..

[Hi Ms Anousheh,
    I’m a young boy from Iran. I’m very excited an Iranian- specially a Iranian woman- is going to space. Happy “belated” birthday]

Comment by vahid esmailpour — September 14, 2006 @ 10:30 am

42. سلام خانم انصاری . نه من که تمام ایرانیان سربلند آرزوی سعادت هموطنان خود را دارند . دوست دارم در این سفر و تمام مراحل زندگی موفق باشید.

[Hi Ms Ansari,
    Not only me but all Iranian wish you best. I wish you success for this trip and during your life]

Comment by داود — September 14, 2006 @ 12:05 pm

43. Hello Mrs Ansari

I wish you happy working and healthy lifestyle.
    I hope you give more believe to Iranian peoples special Iraninan girls.
    I suggest you, before your going to space, please send some messages about your nice goals to Iranian peoples.
    So please say to them NO PAIN NO GAIN.
    I am sure this was your true Goal Programming.
    Best Wishes

Hamid Naviri

Comment by Hamid Reza Zadeh Naviri — September 14, 2006 @ 2:07 pm

44. سلام به خانم انصاري عزيز

من يه دختر 17 ساله هستم وعاشق نجوم و فضا وقتي شنيدم كه شما قراره اولين زن فضانورد گردشگر باشين انقدر خوشحال شدم كه انگار قرار بود خودم به فضا برم راستش مي خوام انقدر تلاش كنم كه يه روزي روياي منم مثل شما بر آورده بشه با اينكه تو دبيرستان تيزهوشان درس مي خونم و درسم خوبه همه معتقدن كه اگه دنبال نجوم برم آيندم رو تباه مي كنم و به هيچ جا نمي رسم ولي من تصميممو گرفتم به نظر شما اشتباه مي كنم؟خيلي دوست دارم نظرتون رو بدونم

دوستدار شما
    آيدا

[Hello Dear Ms Ansari,
    I’m a 17 years old girl and I love astronomy and space. When I heard you will be the first space tourist, I was so happy – like I’m going to space! I want to work hard to reach my goals. Although I’m a very good student- in Tizhooshan school- but everybody think with following astronomy I’ll ruin my future. But I’ve made my mind. What you think? I really like to know your idea. Yours, Aida]

Comment by aida — September 14, 2006 @ 2:43 pm

45. Anousheh joon,
    Just wanted to let you know that we are so proud of you and wish you a safe fligt into space. Good luck!

Comment by Elaheh Emadi — September 15, 2006 @ 1:52 am

انوشه خانم
    به عنوان یه ایرانی بهت افتخار میکنم
    امیدوارم سفر خوبی در پیش داشته باشی و به سلامت بر گردی
    سفرت بی خطر انشالله
    با احترام و آرزوی سعادت برای تو و همه کسانی که تو دوستشون داری
    رضا

[Hi Ms Anousheh
    As an Iranian, I’m proud of you. I wish you a good and safe trip. Good luck to you and those you love. Regards, Reza]

Comment by رضا — September 15, 2006 @ 5:15 am

Please accept my best congratulations and wishes for this nice and histrocal birthday

Comment by maryam - ataie — September 15, 2006 @ 1:19 pm

48. Anousheh Jan

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I´m so happy for you, well done girl and have a nice trip. We´ll see you soon.

With all best Wishes