September 12, 2006

Happy Birthday Anousheh!

Filed under: Personal Spaceflight — by Peter @ 11:08 am

12 September 2006

Given that you’re in quarantine in Baikonur I can’t imagine you’re having a very big birthday party and I hope that your fellow cosmonauts can bake a cake. I guess going into orbit isn’t such a bad present.

I’m really finding myself wondering what it’s like to be in quarantine for more than two weeks, just you and two others. Do you cook your own food? Do you have glass windows that you communicate with others through? Or is it all done by telephone?

I guess that’s nothing compared to the two cosmonauts living on the International Space Station by themselves for six months at a time. You must really get to know someone well in those close quarters.

I have regards to you from Ramin Khadem, the former CFO of Inmarsat, and the current Chairman of the International Space University. Like you he was born in Iran and became passionate about space. He is an amazing, brilliant man and I look forward to introducing you to him.

Peter

1. On behalf of the Liftport Group, please accept our good wishes for your birthday.

You’re an inspiration to many people, thanks for doing what you do.

Brian Dunbar
    Liftport

Comment by Brian — September 12, 2006 @ 1:51 pm

Happy Birthday!!!

What a perfect birthday present for someone who has wanted to fly into space her entire life! I’m so jealous🙂

My best wishes to you and your crew for a safe, wonderful trip to space and back!

You are an inspiration to girls (and boys!) all over the planet who dream of venturing into space someday. Thank you for doing this and for being so willing to share your thoughts with the world. I look forward to adding you to the next edition of my Women Astronauts book😉

Take care & have fun,
    Laura Woodmansee / Author of the books, Women Astronauts & Sex in Space & Women of Space: Cool Careers on the Final Frontier

Comment by Laura Woodmansee — September 12, 2006 @ 4:33 pm

3. Happy Birthday Anousheh! I look forward to following your adventure to the ISS. Best wishes, and keep inspiring us all!

Comment by Richard — September 12, 2006 @ 6:44 pm

Happy Birthday!
    You don´t know me. I´m a brazilian journalist. You´re inspiration to women also in Brazil. I´d like to ask you to send a special message to brazilian women before going into orbit.
    Best wishes to you and thank you very much,

Nubya Cirqueira

Comment by nubya cirqueira — September 12, 2006 @ 6:56 pm

5. WOW!!! Good for you Anousheh! This is the first I have heard of this and I am so excited for you. I too have always wanted to fly to space even as a little girl. I wanted to thank you for sponsoring the X prize foundation. It makes me excited to know that one day I will be able to fly to space. I will toast you on the launch pad. God Speed!
    Sally G.

Comment by Sally — September 12, 2006 @ 7:21 pm

6. Congratulations and Happy Birthday Anousheh! You’re sending a powerful, terrific message that women everywhere can “wish upon a star” and actually go there. It’s a message I’ve given to my own daughter and you provide a wonderful role model as you prepare to explore this exciting frontier. God keep you safe and allow you to use this experience to encourage others to reach for their own dreams. With warmest regards, John Shanahan.

Comment by John Shanahan — September 12, 2006 @ 8:31 pm

Many happy returns of the day!! And congratulations for becoming a space explorer. I am in eighth grade and am highly inspired by you. I have a dream to become an astronaut and a space explorer like you when I grow up. You and other women astronauts are my role models. One day I would definitely fulfill my dream. I am interested in science and space exploration/ space medicine.
    Please let us know your experiences with lower back pain and results of experiments that you will conduct on lower back pain.

With warmest regards and wish you a safe trip.

Mahvash (Tanya) B.

Comment by Mahvash (Tanya) B. — September 13, 2006 @ 1:52 am

8. our thoughts are with you. look forward to celebrating your birthday in person. we admire you so. xoxoxo / june and lee

Comment by june and lee — September 13, 2006 @ 3:18 am

9. Just wanted to wish you a VERY happy birthday and a safe flight. you are an inspiration to anyone who has ever had a dream they thought might be out of their reach. As one who grew up with similar dreams of one day venturing into space i will be eagerly following your adventure, and maybe living my own dream vicariously through you – for the moment – until such time as when i can follow in your footsteps – literally🙂

Warmest regards,

Muinde JK

Comment by Muinde Kithome — September 13, 2006 @ 5:37 am

10. hi anousheh
    I hope that you would celebrate your best birthday in the orbit and also hope that your exploration would be a good motivation for all girls and women(although i am a boy) around the world especially who live in developing countries such as Iran TO BELIEVE IN THEMSELVES
    we hope you’ll be back safely.

ISA

Comment by isa emami tabrizi — September 13, 2006 @ 12:33 pm

11. salam khanome Ansari…
    salrooze 34 salegiye shoma ro behetoon tabrik arz mikonam.omidavaram ke sale khoobi vaseye shoma va khanevadeye mohtarametoon bashe…ishallah
    va ba arezooye movafaghiyat shoma dar safare fazaiee ke pishe roo darid.
    ba arezooye behtarin ha baraye shoma AMIN MASHHADI

[-Hello Ms Ansari
    Happy your 34th birthday. I wish you and your family a good year- if God wants…. wish you luck in your space trip, best wishes for you.]

Comment by amin m — September 13, 2006 @ 9:51 pm

12. salam Anousheh, midoonam ke khondaneh in nameh kami barat sakht khahad bood , aaz khoda barayat arezooyeh movaffaghiat mikonam , man ham senneh to hastam va emshab aaz t.v mosahebeh to ro ba pesaram didam va koli keif kardam , safaret be khir aziz . ma be to eftekhar mikonim , .

[ Hello Anousheh,
    I know reading this mail is a little hard for you. I pray for your success. I’m the same age as you and tonight I watched your interview on T.V. with my son. I really enjoyed it. Have a good trip dear. We think about you..]

Comment by fataneh — September 13, 2006 @ 9:54 pm

13. سلام خانم انصاري … سالروز تولد شما رو بهتون تبريك ميگم.انشالله كه سي و پنهمين سال زندگي شما كه با يه اتفاق مهم براي شما آغاز شده بهترين سال زندگي شما باشد…و با آرزوي سلامتي و موفقيت در سفر فضايي تون …
    با آرزوي بهترين ها براي شما
    امين مشهدي

[Hello Ms Ansari. Happy birthday. I wish your 35th year which marks an important event in your life, will be your best year. Wish you luck in your space trip and best wishes for you.
    AMIN MASHHADI]

Comment by amin m — September 13, 2006 @ 9:58 pm

14. Please See With Unicode(UTF-8) For Read Persian Words

Message For Mrs Anousheh Ansari

Dear Anousheh

Im Javad Abbasi Call To You From Shiraz.Im Very Very Very Happy For You.You Can Fly To Space.Its Your Dream.
    I Cant Find Your E-Mail So I Send My Regards To This E-Mail.I Hope You Success In Your Life.
    You In My Heart And All Iranian’s Heart.I Hope Can See You&Speack With You.Its My Desideration.
    I Hope You Can Read This E-Mail Before Fly To Space.

انوشه عزیز
    امیدوارم سراسر زندگی ات از شادی باشد.دعای ما همیشه همراه توست.بسیار خوشحالم که
    تو به آرزویت رسیدی.همیشه برایت دعا کردم دعا می کنم و دعا خواهم کرد.با امید موفقیت

[Dear Anousheh
    Wish you a joyful life. We’ll pray for you. I’m glad your dream comes true.
    I’ll pray for you, forever. Good luck]

With Best Regards
    Your Friend Javad Abbasi
    Iran-Shiraz

Comment by Javad Abbasi — September 13, 2006 @ 10:50 pm

15. Im so happy to have some one like u in iranian society and wish u happy days .

Comment by sanaz — September 14, 2006 @ 4:58 am

16. سلام انشه عزیز
    تولدت مبارک
    امیدوارم صدمین سال تولدت رو هم جشن بگیری
    امیدوارم به تمام آرزوهات برسی
    قربانت احمد

[Hello Dear Anousheh
    Happy birthday!
    I wish you see your 100th birthday
    I hope you achieve all your dreams..
    Sincerely, Ahmad]

Comment by احمد — September 14, 2006 @ 6:39 am

17. salam anousheh jane azizam.

salrooze tavallodetoon ro tabrik migam va omidvaram safare khubi dashte bashe va hamishe movafaght bashi.
    dishab mosahebatodar iran didam.
    fogholade bood.
    man ham kheily doost dashtam fazanavard besham.kheily behetoon eftekhar mikonam..

ba arezooye salamati va movaffaghiyat baraye shoma

Niloofar

[Hi my dear Anousheh
    Happy birthday. Have a good and safe trip. Good luck. I saw your interview last night. It was wonderful. I wanted to be an astronaut too. I’m proud of you. wish you health and luck]

iran/tehran

Comment by salam — September 14, 2006 @ 8:22 am

18. I hope success for you.
    Clear Skies

Comment by Saeed Amiri — September 14, 2006 @ 8:52 am

19. با سلام خدمت خانوم انصاری اميدوارم که در ادامه راحتون همچنان موفق باشيد و به شما بيشتر از اين افتخار کنيم به اميد اين که يک روزی شما را زيارت کنيم آن هم در خاک خودمون.

[ I hope to see you one day in Iran]

best regards only for you
    payman tahmasbi
    kermanshah.iran

Comment by dear A.ansari — September 14, 2006 @ 9:05 am

20. salam anousheh jane azizam.

salrooze tavallodetoon ro tabrik migam va omidvaram safare imen va khushi dashte bashid.
    dishab mosahebeye shoma ba tv iran fogholadde bood.
    fekr mikonam safare shoma bozorgtarin lezzat dar zendegiye har kasi mitune bashe.
    rastesh man ham az koodaki arezooye dashtam fazanavard besham.
    shoma olgooye tamame dokhtar va pesarhaye rooye zamin hastid ke in arezoo ro daran
    in ro bedoonid ke ma iraniha dar har jaye donya be shoma eftekhar mikonim..
    be omide roozi ke in safarha be rahatiye safar haye zamini beshe

safar bekhir
    niloofar/iran/tehran

[Hi my dear Anousheh
    Happy birthday. I wish you a safe trip. I saw your amazing interview last night. This is the best thing that can happen to anybody. This was my childhood dream too, to become an astronaut. You are a role model for all young people around the world. You know that all Iranians are proud of you. I wish one day the trips to space will be as simple as trips on Earth…have a good trip]

Comment by salam — September 14, 2006 @ 9:22 am

واقعا نمی دونم چی بگم! تولدت مبارک. 17سالمه و همین آرزو رو دارم! خوش بگذره عزیزم

[Hi,
    I really don’t know what to say! Happy birthday. I’m 17 years old and I have the same dream as you. Have fun my dear]

Comment by فرزانه شبیریان — September 14, 2006 @ 9:24 am

22. انوشه جان سلام
    تولدت مبارک و بهت خوش بگذره.
    منم 17 سالمه و همین آرزو رو دارم. به امید موفقیت ایران و ایرانی

Comment by فرزانه شبیریان — September 14, 2006 @ 9:28 am

23. DEAR ANOUSHEH
    HELLO.,I HOPE YOU BE FINE ALLWAYS.
    FIRST:HAPPY BIRTH DAY
    MY NAME IS MAHYAR YOU ARE IRANIAN AND ME TOO.
    WE HAVE GREAT HISTORY WE ARE ARYAN AND CYRUS THE GREAT IS OUR FATHER.
    REALLY YOU ARE OUR PRIDE BEACUSE YOU ARE A IRANIAN WOMAN AND YOU ARE DAUGHTER OF CYRUS THE GREAT.
    ANOUSHEH I HAVE A REQUEST.PLEASE LISTEN ANOUSHEH.
    IN THE SPACE AND OUTSIDE THE EARTH REMEMBER OUR HISTORY FROM THE ANCIENT AND REMEMBER MEN OR WOMEN IN THE HISTORY OF YOUR COUNTRY AND REMEMBER WHO ARE YOU ANOUSHEH :
    ***YOU ARE DAUGHTER OF CYRUS THE GREAT***
    GOOD BY ANOUSHEH

mahyar rafiee from tehran

Comment by MAHYAR RAFIEE — September 14, 2006 @ 9:34 am

24. سلام خانم انصاری از طرف همه ایرانی ها آرزوی موفقیت براتون می کنم شما باعث افتخار همه ما هستین . اگر ممکنه ایمیلتون رو به من بدین تا بتونم باهاتون تماس داشته باشم متشکرم.وحید-ایران-کرمانشاه

[Hi Ms Ansari,
    From all Iranians part, I wish you luck. We are proud of you. Please give me your e-mail so I can write you. Thank you. Vahid, from Kermansheh]

Comment by Vahid — September 14, 2006 @ 2:37 pm

25. Dear AA … what an extraordinary amount you have packed into a few short decades; and now space! Our warmest (and belated) birthday wishes to you.

Mad Rabbit & Grumpy Bear