September 13, 2006

Training as Backup

WoW!

Not bad for a first time blogger ;-) I’m happy to see so many people are interested in my experience. Some of you asked me for a picture of the backup crew so I decided to give you more. I decided to share what it was like to train as backup with Peggy Whitson and Yuri Malenchenko.

Not-so-official portrait

In the first few months of training, almost all my classes were with Dice-K and the interpreters. We took the same classes and the same tests. We performed the simulations with the instructors and only caught a glimpse of the main and backup crew as we were passing in the hallways or at social events.

The last 40 days were different. Dice-K and I started to see some scheduled crew training. Dice-k would train with Michael Lopez-Alegria and Mikhail Tyurin, and I would train with Peggy Whitson and Yuri Malenchenko. I had met Peggy at a few NASA crew events in Star City and we had talked. She is a woman of strong character, super smart, and serious about space. She offered to talk with me and answer my questions any time I wanted to talk. I was very excited to get to know her and at the same time I knew she had a very tight training schedule and I did not want to be a burden. So we talked a few short times but did not connect that much.

When we started to train as a crew, everything changed. We got to know each other better. I could tell that Peggy was observing me to see if I was there just for the ride or if I’m genuinely interested in space. I think she saw my genuine passion for space because she really made me feel welcome. In ISS simulations, she was the Commander and gave me some small tasks that made me feel part of the crew. She explained everything in detail and translated for me when necessary. She gave me small pointers that made me perform well on my tasks and look professional. She was wonderful and I learned so much from her. In a way, she became my mentor. I imagine that, had my life taken a different turn and I had ended up in the Astronaut corps, I could have been like Peggy. She is a serious scientist and deeply cares for the success of the space program.

Throughout the rest of my training program I spent many quality hours with Peggy observing her and learning from her. She shared stories about her space flight and little things that you don’t think of but make a big difference when you are in space. She told me about the best observing stations onboard ISS, about how to move around, how to wash my hair and clean myself, how to use the toilet (everyone’s favorite subject) and how to interact with the rest of the crew members.

Training with backup

Getting to know Yuri took longer. Yuri is a quiet and private person. He is a man of few words. He works meticulously and slowly. He does not hurry and studies and evaluates everything around him before he takes action. Watching him in the simulator, during a series of manual docking and undocking procedures, it was obvious that he knew how to drive this vehicle with his eyes closed. He was calm and composed while entering a series of very precise maneuvers to align the Soyuz manually with the docking hatch on the ISS.

He speaks very good English, which made it easier for me to start talking with him. As we spent more time training together, I got to know him better. He has a unique sense of humor that is hard see from his always serious exterior. He is a wealth of knowledge and when he talks about different things you know he is speaking from experience and not textbooks. He is very easygoing and has a very calm voice. One time he started talking to me about all the different stages of Ascent and Descent and explained to me, in detail, what to expect as far as feelings, sounds, vibrations, lights flashing, etc. He gave me a sort of pictorial view of these important stages of my space flight and helped me visualize things that I had not studied in any of my classes. The information he gave has helped me prepare mentally not to panic on the day of the flight. At the end of our talk he said, with a SMILE, “Anousheh, don’t worry, everything will be very good and you will enjoy your flight.”

As I was training with Peggy and Yuri, I realized that I really wanted to fly to ISS with them. It would have made it a very special flight, with two women flying in Soyuz together and with Peggy being the first woman ISS Commander. Unfortunately the third seat on their scheduled flight was taken so I quickly started to lobby for switching place with the Malaysian candidate who was supposed to fly with them. They were both supportive of the idea and I was excitedly pushing on different people to negotiate with the Russian Space program to move me to their flight. And then… suddenly… I got the news that I was moved up to primary crew… and the rest of the story you know.

I’m so proud that you are the first iranian spacewoman.

Omidvaram ke safare khoobi dashte bashi,
    salam e man ro ham be oonvare jav beresoon ;)

[ I hope you have a good trip, say hello from my part to other side of the world!]

Comment by Payman — September 13, 2006 @ 5:44 pm

2. hi dear Anousheh , my name is Anousheh too ! and i am from IRAN too! one years ago , i found your site in google and i am very happy that your name in ANOUSHEH! because in IRAN ,this name is very limited,now.
    i hope that your tour will well and i am very happy that knowing you.
    if you like email for me and you know i will happy so much …so much and so much..
    TAKE CARE ,AND WITH THE BEST WISHES..
    Anousheh M Majlesi

Comment by anousheh — September 13, 2006 @ 5:57 pm

I am so happy to have the chance to write to the first Iranian woman who is going to be in the orbit in next few days.Hope to have very great and memorable times there.

As an Iranian female, I am really proud of you because of your brave heart and act.

I have gotten the news about you and your journey from http://www.spacescience.ir , and I really thanks them for the very best news especially thanks to Mr.Shahram Yazdanpanah who translate some really nice essays from your site and publish very usefull information and provide us with them.Thanks a lot.

Take Care and wishing you the best.

Shabnam

Comment by Shabnam Amin — September 13, 2006 @ 6:07 pm

4. Great story, and wonderfull images, keep them comming :-)

Anousheh, can you please tell me more about your personal mission patch ?

(Do you have such a patch available for me :-) )

I have a web site about space patches and would like to add the info to the page for the Soyuz TMA-9 patch:

Thanks and succes on your mission I’ll be watching…

Jacques van Oene
    Stationsdwarsstraat 48
    NL-7311 NW Apeldoorn
    The Netherlands

Comment by Jacques van Oene — September 13, 2006 @ 6:10 pm

5. well well well… I can’t believe this! the lady who used to watch me when my parents went shopping is now going to space! lol
    how are you??? recognized me yet? This is good ol’ Hessam! Hessam Ghandchi…I was a kid when I saw you…I was 7 years old! Well, I don’t even know if you read these comments or not, but if you do, just wanted to wish you luck and say hi from the whole family…Mom is here and she is sending you her best regards. My mail is [removed but received] contact us if you have free time.

Ps. I got engaged 2 months ago! And getting married in December…you are a VVIP guest, and more than welcome to join us…and we are in Iran now…

Have fun in space…
    Hessam and the family!

Comment by Hessam Ghandchi — September 13, 2006 @ 6:46 pm

Thanks so much for posting the original back-up crew photo I’d asked about. Please keep the photos coming.

I enjoyed your account of working with Peggy and Yuri – a fascinating insight into how your training and relationships with your colleagues developed. I guess in some ways it must have been quite tough to break up that team when you joined up with the two Michaels. Would love to read now about how working with them has been for you.

I do hope you’ll be able to keep such interesting and personal instalments coming between now and Sunday.

Kind regards and continued best wishes

Tony Quine
    Isle of Man UK

Comment by Tony Quine — September 13, 2006 @ 7:32 pm

7. Madame Ansari,

I wish you all the best in this adventure of you. You are admirable. Great Job.

Comment by Behrouz — September 13, 2006 @ 7:53 pm

8. We, THE IRANIANS, are proud of you.
    wishing the best for you, and peace for all the world.

Comment by F. YazdanPanah — September 13, 2006 @ 7:57 pm

I hope you have a great trip to space. I’ve been hearing alot about you. It is very amazing to be the very first female astronot to go to space. Have a great time.
    Good Luck.

Comment by Khemraj Sarju — September 13, 2006 @ 8:07 pm

10. Good luck on your flight. People like you are inspiration to many, who possess dreams about achieving something more then mundane. Hopefully in the future, children who will see you soon in tv, will have the option of going to space like on regular tourist attraction :)
    Wojtek, Poland.

Comment by Wojtek — September 13, 2006 @ 8:18 pm

11. salam-alan daram sedaton ro az tv 4 iran mishnavam-ye tosie behet daram – sai kon on lahzeh ee ke be in kore abi mohit mishi tamame zehneto motamarkez koni ta betooni to omghe in manzara ee ke jolie cheshmat hast dark koni-nemidonam chetori manzoram ro baian konam – shaiad residan be ye vazhe bashe shayad ham ye ehsas va ya eteghad -in arezoie khodame ke omidvaram ye rooz mohaghagh beshe
    omidvaram movagh bashi.

[Hello, now I'm hearing your voice from Iran channel 4 Broadcast. I have a comment for you:
    When you reach there to watch Earth; try to focus on what you see, try to understand what you are seeing. I don't know how to explain this; maybe this is the time when you achieve a special feeling, a belief or a word.....
    This is my wish too and I hope to fulfill it one day...
    Good luck.]

Comment by amin — September 13, 2006 @ 8:58 pm

thank you very much for sharing your fantastic experience with us. And yes, the images are very nice too..
    I’m following your activities for a little while and just discovered your Blog. It reminds me to my first visit to StarCity in 1995.
    I was too early for private flights, so I only did a virtual training ;-) Good to see some of the good friends are still there..
    I know you had some training with the Ham Radio station and I hope you have a chance to talk to some Schools, I’m sure you will inspire the kids..
    I have another dream and that’s about building and launching satellites into earth orbit for science and education.
    Already done several times, including be mission director for the launch with Ariane 5 from Kourou, which was a great experience for me to.
    The next dream is to launch a satellite to Mars, as a first private mission.. it can be done!
    If you are interested, feel free to ask more about Mars..

Good Luck!
    Peter from Hannover/Germany

Comment by Peter Guelzow — September 13, 2006 @ 9:02 pm

13. hi,

in highly event your space travel i like to congratulate.

you are our persian pride .

send our regards to iran from there.

bye. take care / safar bikhtar

Comment by Shahab — September 13, 2006 @ 9:06 pm

14. الان ۳۰ دقیقه از نیمه شب گذشته ‌، داشتم از کانال چهار تو برنامه آسمان شب مصاحبه با انوشه انصاری رو میدیدم البته تلفنی از پایگاه فضایی تو قزاقستان . قبلا راجع بهش خونده بودم و راجع به مسابقه ایکس پرایز – بحالش قبطه خوردم که عجب تجربه ای میکنه ولی …… وقتی هزینه سفرش رو تو یکی از سایتها دیدم (۲۰ میلیون دلار) !!! فکر میکنید با این هزینه بجای بردن یه نفر به جو ، میشه چند هزار تا کوچولوی گشنه رو از سفر به یکی دو متر پایین تر از اینجایی که ما هستیم نجات داد. خدایا اگر من جای انوشه انصاری بودم چیکار میکردم؟!

[Now it's 30 minutes past midnight.. I was watching interview with Anousheh Ansari from channel 4- Night Sky program- a phone conversation from Kazakhstan. I had read about her before and about X-Prize too. First I did envy her because of her experience in space, but when I saw how much she has paid- 20 million $ - I thought how many children could be saved from dying with this money. Oh God! I would do many other things, if I was her....]

Comment by amin — September 13, 2006 @ 9:27 pm

I saw your interview with iranian tv4 this night. I am very happy that a strong women from iran is going to space. I wish you the best.

Comment by Reza — September 13, 2006 @ 9:34 pm

16. salam
    nice to see your success in your hopes and goals.we (our familly) a few minutes ago watched your interview with Iranian chanel 4 here in Kermanshah Iran .wondefull your speech!.
    I let a note about you in my site
    with good wishes for your travel to space
    daste khoda be hamrahetan

Comment by Jalal Nadimi — September 13, 2006 @ 9:49 pm

17. salam
    dear anousheh afew minutes ago i watched a program that was about you from iran tv
    i hope u be success in your life
    with the best wishes

Comment by jalal khojasteh — September 13, 2006 @ 10:17 pm

18. Hi Anousheh!

I’m a physics student in Spain and I just found your blog today… it’s so kind of you to share your impressions and feelings with us!

You’re only 4 days away from launch! How excited you must be! I wish you the best, really think you’re making a breakthrough, and thanks for spreading the interest for space science as strongly as you can! I suppose you will, but just in case, it would be great if you commented the sensations you’ll have during launch… I like rockets :D

Well, wishing you the best of the trips, good luck,

David

Comment by David Bravo — September 13, 2006 @ 10:20 pm

19. salam
    manam mosahebeye shomaro az channel 4 didam …kheili mamnoon ke vaghtetoono dar ekhtiyare hameye iraniha gharar dadid

[Hello I saw your interview from channel 4 tonight. Thanks a lot for the time you spent for Iranians]

Comment by amin — September 13, 2006 @ 10:25 pm

With the best wishes for your trip, a safe trip.
    Please use another file server (instead of flickr) because unfortunatelly his site is one of ten million addresses those are blocked in iran and so we can not see your pictures here…

Comment by Behnam — September 13, 2006 @ 10:25 pm

21. Greetings Anousheh and best wishes for your trip to space. I’m about your age and a resident of Texas U.S.A., like you! — So, it’s great to see a Texan be the first woman space tourist. The Eyes of Texas will be lookin’ up at you!

Comment by Pam — September 13, 2006 @ 10:58 pm

22. سلام انوشه
    ما همه به تو افتخار میکنیم. هم برای اینکه یک زن هستی و هم برای اینکه یک ایرانی هستی که راهشگای بسیاری از دختران و زنان ایرانی در علم و تکنولوژی و زندگی در جهان قرن بیست و یکم خواهی بود

[Hi Anousheh
    We all are proud of you; because you're a woman and Iranian. You will be a role model for Iranian young women and young girls who want to join the scientific and technological world of 21st century............]

Comment by toloue — September 13, 2006 @ 11:37 pm

I watched your interview on TV and it was really terrific,exiting and hopeful for me as a young Iranian boy.
    I was excited when I saw Iranian flag on your right arm,and the American flag on the left,it could be the sign of peace and friendship for Iranians.
    WE ALL ARE PROUD OF YOU
    se you soon,in Iran,I hope!

Comment by mostafa — September 13, 2006 @ 11:42 pm

24. Hi
    congratulation for your success as first space tourist for space.
    It is private matter who and how spend his or her time and life BUT Do we if we know many peopl suffer from diseases, many doesen’t have any thing to eat, many try end their life because they cant’t afford to buy something for their family.
    Any way we don’t live in a fair world, why should we care about others? we live as like as we want and enjoy!but many can’t.
    may be here is not place to say this ,sorry for unreleveant comments.for me the best thing to do is to do do some thing to relife some one form pain.
    enjoy your trip, have fun

Comment by vojdan — September 14, 2006 @ 12:22 am

25. Hi dear Anousheh,

I am so delighted to see an Iranian female is going to do a great job, something that never happens to be even a dream for us! Definitely by doing that you are promoting Iranian image whole over the world.
    What I am really interested to know is your feelings and emotions when you are in space, please share with us your experience once you are back Inshaallah.
    I wish the best for you.

Migan har ki mikhad doa koneh roosho be asemoon mikonan chon khoda oonjast, agar oonja rafti az khoda bekhah ke Irane ma hamisheh sar faraz basheh va hameh ba eshgho safa dar kenare ham zendegi konan shayad sedaye to barash giratar basheh.

Be omide bazgashte salem va ghoroor amizat cheshm be aseman montazer khahim neshast Anoushehye aziz.

Ghorbanat M Reza

Comment by Mohammad Reza — September 14, 2006 @ 12:26 am

What a tremendous life !!!
    You are right…nothing can be better than living our dreams !!!

Thank you so much for sharing a so marvellous experience with us…

I hope you will get in your eyes and memory as much as you were dreaming younger !!!

Best wishes for your trip to space…
    Mickael.

Comment by Mickael Dolt — September 14, 2006 @ 12:33 am

27. Hello Anousheh.

First congrad’s…reading more about you is inspiring a generation. Its great to see you have the “flag” of Iran on your other shoulder (in some photos), just curious why you don’t have it on you space suit photos?

You give a new meaning to the word “ambassador”, keep up the amazing work.

Comment by hashemi — September 14, 2006 @ 1:30 am

28. Have a safe and enjoyable experience Anousheh and may God go with you!

Comment by Mike Puckett — September 14, 2006 @ 1:31 am

29. “I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there.” Richard Feynman

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, you certainly have come a long way in a short period of time! Best luck to you!

Comment by M. A. Farrokhzad - Calgary, Alberta — September 14, 2006 @ 2:13 am

I heard a lot, your name and this is the first time that I read your logs. In fact, I proud of you and I wish the best for you in your travel and hope you can be a good sample for all of us Iranian out doors who can show our streanght as a human being, and as an Irani.
    Anyway, I’ve tried to write some things about you in my weblog and link to your site and your weblog. I also put some of your pictures over there. Hopefully, you will give me this permition for using of those picture and if you disagree please let me know.

I wish the successful flight for you and the best for your family.

Comment by Soleiman — September 14, 2006 @ 2:56 am

31. با سلام
    خانم انصاری ارزو میکنم درخت خود را با دست خود بکارید.
    با بهترین ارزوها
    موفق باشید.

[Hello Ms Ansari
    I wish you plant your tree with your own hands... best wishes...
    Amin ]

Comment by امین — September 14, 2006 @ 2:59 am

As an Iranian woman I’m really really proud of you. You are a role model not only for Iranian women but also for every woman in the world. I wish you an enjoyable trip to your dreams and a safe return to earth. Oh my god…isn’t that exciting? you’re gonna fly to heaven, I can hear my heartbeat thinking about that!

Comment by Arezu — September 14, 2006 @ 3:43 am

Recently the first Brazilian man went to Space and that generated a great visibility at Brazil. So I understand how proud the folks from your country are about you.
    In the name of all people I just wanted to wish you a great mission and ask you to take this opportunity to send messages of peace and love to all the world. We need those. :-)

Comment by Marcos Lacerda — September 14, 2006 @ 3:43 am

34. Bonne voyage Anousheh!
    Just wondering if your ticket is economic or first class !
    Good luck to you and be safe.

kurdistan polytechnic Institute Students

Comment by kurdistan polytechnic Institute — September 14, 2006 @ 3:48 am

35. I was there during the two milestone runs in the Mojave, when Burt Rutan set the marker for the rest to take heed. I remember Burt’s speech afterwards, in particular his clever word-play on NASA (the Nay Sayers!). It was all encapsulated so perfectly. As I sat there, fluttering through my cue cards, I was reminded of a great story that was poignant then, and still resonates in light of Ms. Ansari’s choice today:

When Christopher Columbus neared the West Indies, his ships were well within eyesight for many days. Meanwhile, the natives on land would fish in the same ocean, swim and bathe, never taking into their reality that the ships were looming closer, just at the horizon line. How could they? They had never SEEN a ship before. The concept of such a thing was SO remote in their minds that they literally could not SEE it in their scope of the world.

But there was one native who was beginning to feel a stir in the air. He couldn’t quite focus on it, but his innate connection to his surroundings compelled him to take a sabatical to the shoreline. There he sat, and meditated, all the while searching in his soul for the thing he felt but could not see. And on the third day, he opened his eyes, and woke the village with it.

The medicine man turned to a fisherman, and he asked him: “Do you see that? Those vessels coming our way?”

The fisherman was confused, but would not dare dispute the medicine man’s vision. “Maybe. I don’t know. Wait. What are those crosses in the water?”. And it swelled like a brushfire. By the end of the afternoon, everyone in the village could SEE the ships. Suddenly, the massive ships that rowed forward with each passing wave, ignored by the natives who had no previous knowledge of them, came to form. Their spectrum of possibility was broadened that day, and the world would never be the same…

I don’t know if how I’m relating this story makes any sense, only that it took ONE PERSON to see, for everyone to acknowledge. In short, we don’t recognize what we don’t know. So when I see someone, a human being just like any other, walking along that seemingly impossible path, it suddenly makes it plausible to me. Why not space? It begins with that first step. Anousheh, you’re taking that first step for yourself, while leaving behind a path for us to someday follow. I’m exhilarated with the possibilities that will be discovered, and the new world that your dreams have opened for us.

Humanity should be so grateful.

Comment by Ray Izad-Mehr — September 14, 2006 @ 4:47 am

36. khoda negah dare shomaaaaaaaaa
    God cares youuuuuuuuuuuu

Comment by ronak — September 14, 2006 @ 4:54 am

37. hi dear anousheh
    i hope a good trip i hope u comback safe
    all iranian happy for u
    shoma eftekhare ma hastid dost darim omidvarim salamat berid va bargardid barat doa mikonim

Comment by maryam — September 14, 2006 @ 5:53 am

38. hi anousheh

we speak about u here most time …the first inranian woman the first woman tourist in space..we are proud of u and we wait for ur fly..with best wishes
    nasrin

Comment by nasrin — September 14, 2006 @ 6:10 am

39. ma be to eftekhar mikonim.vali irani bodanet ro farampsh nakon.doaye ma badragheye rahet.

[I'm proud of you. But don't forget that you are an Iranian. I'll pray for you.]

Comment by reza — September 14, 2006 @ 6:14 am

باعرض تبریک به شما امیدوارم سفر موفقیت آمیزی در پیش رو داشته باشید
    بهنام تقی زادان
    ایران – اصفهان

[Hello Ms Ansari
    Congratulations!
    Wish you a successful trip.
    Behnam Taghizadegan
    Isfahan, Iran]

Comment by Behnam Taghizadan — September 14, 2006 @ 6:22 am

41. خانم انوشه
    از صميم قلب براتون آرزوي موفقيت و سفري سلامت مي كنم

[Ms Anousheh
    From bottom of my heart, wish you success and a safe trip]

Comment by سارا سعيدي — September 14, 2006 @ 6:28 am

برای شما آرزوی موفقیت می کنم
    با وجود شما من به ایرانی بودن خودم افتخار می کنم
    چطور می تونم با شما ارتباط داشته باشم؟

[Hello
    I wish you luck,
    Because of you, I feel proud of being an Iranian.
    How can I contact you]

Comment by saeed zeinali — September 14, 2006 @ 6:42 am

43. Salam.
    Khanume Ansari vaghti dashtam be mosahebatun ba shabakeye 4 e Iran gush mikardam vaghean geryam gereft.
    Kheyli khoshhalam v baratun az samime ghalb arezuye movafaghiyat mikonam.
    Tu ISS baraye manam doa konid..Beharhal unja adam be khoda nazdiktare ;)
    Ba omide safari hamrah ba movafaghiyat v salamati va ba arezuye pishrafthaye ba’di…
    Khodahafezetun..

[Hello;
    Ms Ansari when I was listening to your interview I almost cried. I'm very happy and wish you luck from the bottom of my heart. When you are onboard of ISS, please pray for me. I guess there you are closer to God ;)
    I wish you a successful and safe trip and have more success in the future. Good bye]

Comment by Mohsen Ebrahimi — September 14, 2006 @ 6:44 am

44. انوشه عزيز

نه به خاظر ايرانی بودنت- بلکه به خاطرشجاعت تو برای سفر به فضاآنهم نه به بعنوان يک فضانورد حرفه ای ، بعنوان انسانی عادی که آرزويش ديدن زمين از ورای زمين است، ستايشت ميکنم
    آرزوِِيي که ار کودکی با آن زندگی کرده ام.

اميدوارم راهی را که در پيش گرفته ای شجاعانه وجسورانه به پيش ببری- با سفينه ای شبيه سفينه يوری گاگارين سفر کردن حال و هوای ديگری دارد-هرچند
    شجاعت و جسارت بی نظيری را طلب ميکند که انسان های محدودی در کره زمين از آن برخوردارند

[Dear Anousheh
    I praise you not because you are Iranian, but because of your courage to do a trip to the space and not as a professional astronaut, as an ordinary person who wishes to see the Earth from beyond the atmosphere.
    This was my childhood dream.
    I wish you continue your way. Making a trip with a space ship like Yuri Gagarin's space ship requires lots of courage; something that a few people on earth have it.....]

Comment by Ernesto — September 14, 2006 @ 6:59 am

45. سلام هموطن گرامی.. از اینکه میبینم یک ایرانی مایه مباهات و سرافرازی ام شده مغرورم و به خودم میبالم…خوشحالم از اینکه ایرانی ها در همه جای دنیا از اصالت تاریخی و فرهنگی و نژادی خودشون به هر طریق ممکن بهره میبرند و نام ایران رو همیشه سریبلند میکنند…. هر جای این گیتی پهناور که هستی برای تو ارزوی شادمانی و سلامتی و کامیابی دارم….

[Hello my dear compatriot. I'm so proud that you are an Iranian and I'm very happy to see that Iranians around the world never forget their culture and their history and are making their country proud of them. I wish you luck and health wherever you are.]

Comment by saeed(zorba) — September 14, 2006 @ 7:00 am

46. Dear Iranian Anousheh!
    Very nice… So exciting!
    As an Iranian person who lives in FASA (a small southern town of Iran), Generally It’s my proud that I’m an Iranian, Specially when I found you are an Iranian like me ,too!
    It’s clear that you are going to have a most historic, wonderful trip that people have ever imagined, and obviously as you mentioned last night in Iran channel 4, you have a lot of plans to fulfill during these days. I don’t want to talk about them, because I know you are brave enough to handle them and push away obstacles successfully, But I just say two things. First, I hope GOD’S HAND ACCOMPANY YOU (an Iranian proverb which means: I hope God support you). Secondly and more importantly, I invite you (I beg you) to visit again Iran after your trip. I wish I see you in front of one of Iran channel TV chairs and hear about your experiences, sharing them to youth and young scientists. Promise me that you will do it.
    Daste khoda be hamrat. Omidvaram be salamati beri va bargardi, hamegiye ma montazere oomadanet be Iran hastim.
    Movaffagh bashi.
    Ali Aghidi from Fasa, Shiraz, Iran

Comment by ali aghidi — September 14, 2006 @ 7:07 am

47. Hi my Countrywoman

good luck and be happy…

Comment by Soroosh Asadzadeh — September 14, 2006 @ 7:43 am

48. salam khanoome ansary:
    Dishab goftoguie shoma ro az tv4 didam .
    az inke mibinam paie iraniha ham be faza baz mishe va shoma avalin iranie faza navard hastid khoshhalam va ehsase ghorur mikonam ..
    Omidvaram movafagh bashid .
    hamishe baiad ensanhaii mesle shoma pishgame harkathaie bozor bashand ta pishraft surat begire .

BEHZAD *** MASHHAD

[Hello Ms Ansari
    I saw your interview last night on channel 4. I'm glad to see that an Iranian is going to space. I'm so proud of you. Wish you luck. There are always pioneers like you who make us progress]

Comment by behzad — September 14, 2006 @ 8:22 am

49. خانم انصاری عزیز
    دیشب سخنانتان از شبکه 4 سیمای ایران را شنیدم. ابتدا و قبل از آغاز سخنانتان، احساس خوبی پیدا نکردم. متاسانه طرز فکر مجریان برنامه در استفاده از شما برای تبلیغات و به نوعی جازدن شما به عنوان فضانورد ایرانی برایم به هیچ وجه جالب نبود(میدونید عوام چطور غکر کردن؟ وقتی میگن فضانورد ایرانی، اونا پیش خودشون میگن، آفرین به ایران که فضانورد هم داره). هرگز قصد ندارم ارزش کارتان و اهدافتان را پایین بیاورم، که با شنیدن سخنانتان پی به تفاوت بسیار بین طرز تفکر شما با مجریان عزیز برنامه( که دوستم هستند و دوستشان دارم) بردم. از سخنانتان بسیار سپاسگزارم، هرگز از سیما چنین سخنانی نشنیده بودم به ویژه بخشی که رویتان با دختران و زنان بود. لذت بردم که فکر و ذهنتان پیشرفت علم بود و دیدگاهتان جهانی

[Dear Ms Ansari
    I heard your interview last night. The beginning and the end of the show was a bit upsetting as they wanted to promote you as an Iranian astronaut-so people will think that Iran is sending you to space- They did a good job but still I think your goals are very different from them. I loved your words, I never heard any speech like that from T.V. specially that part about Iranian women and girls and also your opinion about science. I really enjoyed that]

Comment by علی آزادگلن — September 14, 2006 @ 8:30 am

50. salam.
    We; all the Iranians, are proud of you. And we all wish you a delightful and safe travel. It would be really great if you keep in touch during your travel.
    Wherever you live, you are one of us.
    Take care, dear Iranian.

Comment by Mehrdad — September 14, 2006 @ 8:59 am

51. Dear Ms Ansari.
    With all these embarrassing constant news about Iran every day, now I am so happy that I can be proud of being an Iranian once again.
    Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Comment by Behzad — September 14, 2006 @ 9:12 am

52. I am from India. I also want to be an astronaut.
    Have fun up there and enjoy every single moment.
    Best of luck for your trip to the heavens.

Comment by Ketan Sharma — September 14, 2006 @ 9:29 am

53. خانم انصاري موفقيت سركار را كه بهعث قليان غرور هر ايراني گرديد تبريك گفته برايتان از صميم قلب سربلندي و سرافرازي روزافزون آرزومندم.

[Ms Ansari, congratulations for your success. All Iranian are proud of you. I wish you luck and honor]

Comment by shaahin Varshochi — September 14, 2006 @ 9:36 am

54. I hope you have good journey to space! Please take many pictures from space and publish in your blog.
    Many thanks

Comment by Amin Sabeti — September 14, 2006 @ 9:41 am

When I was a kid I had always the dream of designing my own spacecraft and being an astronaut. I made half of my dream come true, I am now working with space systems design and analysis, but experiencing the space is another story :)
    Take my dream together with yours to the space and bring the other half of the story to the reality.

P.S. You can’t imagine how deep and great feeling I have when I see our red-white-green’s flag on ur arm, meaningfully with some of the symbols and without some others.

Rouzbeh Amini, 27, living in the Netherlands

Comment by Rouzbeh Amini — September 14, 2006 @ 9:44 am

56. salam anooshe khanoom
    ba khodam fekr kardam mitooni farsi bekhoofi…bara haminam in toor nveshtam
    doos nadaram ba esme bozorg sedat konam ..nemidoonam chera vali hes mikonam in toor bishtar samimiat iroonia maloom mishe…
    dishab mosahebato az tv4 iran shenidam…yani kole khoonevadam shenidan….kheyli baramoon moheme..ke ye 2khtar irooni dare mire faza…khodaeesh man az tarafe khoonevadam va hame irooniha behet tabrik migam.. .
    manam mesle hame irooniha khoshhal shodam vagti fahmidam to hale agal 6 mah zoodtar be arezoot miresi…
    bayad bedooni ke to iran hale agal 40 melyoon nafar toro mishnasan….30 melyoon sedatoo mistagim az tv4 iran shenidan…hamamoon khoshhal shodim ke sedaye in khanoom irooni ro shenidim….rasti jalebe bedooni madar bozorgam ke 80 shg sen dare ham dishab bade barnamat ba tv4 neshast va dasht bara safaret doa mikard….
    anoshe bedoon irania dooset daran ..az koochek ta bozorg…
    khob..mozahem nemisham..va omidvaram ye rooz vagt koni va payame manoo bekhooni..
    mamnoon..age liagat dashte basham migam
    khoda hafez “dadashet vahid esmail pour” from iran

[Hi Ms Ansari,
    I thought you can read Persian, so I'm writing like this. I don't like to call you by last name. I have a feeling that this way I can show you more of my sincerity. We heard your interview on channel 4 last night; me and all my family. It's very important for us that an Iranian woman is going to space. Congratulations from us and all Iranians. I became very happy to hear you are doing this trip sooner than it was expected. Now 40 million people know you in Iran and 30 million have heard your voice live. We are happy to hear your voice. My 80 years old grandmother prayed for your trip after she heard your interview. Anousheh, you have to know that all Iranians love you. Young & old. I won't bother you anymore and I wish you read this one day. Good bye]

Comment by vahid esmail pour — September 14, 2006 @ 10:18 am

57. سلام انوشه عزیز
    دیشب برنامه رو دیدم وبه خودم افتخار کردم چون تو هم وطنم هستی
    امیدوارم به همه آرزوهات برسی
    دوستدار تو احمد احمدی

[Hello dear Anousheh,
    I saw your interview last night. I'm very proud of being your compatriot. I wish all your dreams come true. Yours, Ahmad Ahmadi]

Comment by احمد — September 14, 2006 @ 10:25 am

58. dear anousheh
    i so happy that see a iranian woman can go to the space! happy to you and happy to iran.have a good time in the space.

Comment by mahdi — September 14, 2006 @ 10:46 am

59. [...] Ansari talks about training with the Expedition 14 backup crew, speaking warmly about Peggy Whitson and Yuri Malenchenko. [...]

Pingback by Personal Spaceflight » Ansari update — September 14, 2006 @ 11:06 am

60. salam anooshe khanoom
    alan ingade khoshhalam ke nagoo…shayad ye kam bishtar az shoma…
    akhe midooni man ye irooni hastam..va khoshhalam ke ye irooni oonam ye 2khtar irooni dare be arezooye bozorgesh mirese…va hata bishtar az oon khoshhalam chon ye 2khtar irooni alan khoshhale va be arezoosh reside…
    anoosheh joon..shayad az sadegi payamam va ya in hame rahati to neveshtane payamam ja bekhoori..vali man nemidoonam chera vali hes mikonam ye irooni mitoone ba irooni kheyli samimi bashe..
    fargi ham nemikone in irooni koja bashe …chand salesh bashe va ….
    khob…ino bayad bedooni ke hame irooniha alan behet eftekahr mikonan va minazan…khodet midooni chi migam…mosahebe telefonit ba tv4 iran ro bayad bedooni hade agal 40 melyoon zende shenidan..midooni yani chi..yani hame ina barat arezooye movafagiat daran..chon ye 2khtar irooni hasti to….
    khob..vagtet talast alan midoonam….dige bara emrooz basame
    rasti…behemoon bayad ghol bedi bad az inke az faza omadi va karat roo anjam dadi dar avalin forsat ke toonesti ye bar iran biay..mardome iran hame montazeretan anousheh…pas ye bar iran bia va ba ye tv iran pakhsh zende dashte bash inbar ba tasvir khodet..bashe..bayad ghol bedi…nayat narahat mishim..
    khob..felan age ejaze bedi migam
    “bay bay…dadash koochikat vahid esmailpour”

[Hi dear Anousheh
    I'm very happy right now, even more than you. Because I'm an Iranian and I'm happy an Iranian woman is going to space. Very happy that an Iranian women's big dream comes true. Pardon me for being very friendly, but I think Iranian get close to each other easily, no matter where they are, how old they are. You have to know that all Iranian are proud of you. At least 40 million people saw your interview. You know what it means? That all of them wish you success, because you are Iranian. That's enough for today. Promise us when you come back from space, come visit Iran whenever you find a chance. We all are waiting for you. Come and have a live interview here. Please, promise you'll do that or we'll be very upset. Bye for now]

Comment by vahid esmailpour — September 14, 2006 @ 11:15 am

61. HI; MRS ANSARI
    I wish you a safe and interesting journey.when you see your dreams in space worship the great GOD and pray for young people all over the world especially in IRAN to achieve their scientific dreams and those which are related to space.
    آن سفر كرده كه صد قافله دل همره اوست هر كجا هست خدايا به سلامت دارش

[ a beautiful verse from Hafiz]

Comment by MOHADESEH — September 14, 2006 @ 11:25 am

62. Dobriy Deny, Anousheh!

My friend Kimber and I are watching your experience with great excitement. We are both waiting to fly suborbital with SA and met a member of your family (brother?) at Dennis Tito’s home in May. Congratulations on being named to the primary crew. We hope the experience is everything you’ve dreamed and we want to follow in your footsteps soon!

With Warmest Regards,

Tom Meyer
    Arlington, VA

Comment by Tom Meyer — September 14, 2006 @ 11:59 am

63. dear Mrs Ansari:
    when I heard that the first Iranian who want to travel in space is a woman I became so happy in my heart.You will make your dream true.and Ilearn it from you that If we want, our dreams become true and my dream is like you .And when I growup I want to be an astronut.
    I hope you have a fantastic travel to space
    jaye maro ham khali konid!!

Comment by pegah — September 14, 2006 @ 12:06 pm

خانم انصاري وقتي مصاحبتون رو با شبکه 4 ايران ديدم واقعا گريه ام گرفت.
    از صميم قلب براتون آرزوي موفقيت مي کنم.
    براي منم دعا کنيد بالاخره آدم اونجا به خدا نزديکتره ISS توي
    با آرزوي پيشرفتهاي بعدي براي شما.

[Hi Ms Ansari,
    I almost cried when I saw your interview. I wish you luck from bottom of my heart. Please pray for me. I guess you are closer to God in ISS. I wish you more progress in your life]

Comment by Mohsen — September 14, 2006 @ 12:08 pm

65. Hi anousheh!
    I am from norht of iran , be side of caspian sea.
    goodluck. be safe!

Salam anousheh!
    man az shomale iran , az kenare daryaye khazar , barat minevisam.
    dar safaret movafagh bashi , arezooye salamati barat mikonam.
    mosahebe shoma ro az TV4 iran didam va besiar lezat bordam.
    be omide solh ruye in koreye khaki va koochak!

[Hi Anousheh,
    I'm writing for you from north of Iran, right by Caspian Sea. I wish you luck in your trip. And wish you health. I enjoyed your interview a lot. I wish for the peace on Earth.]

Comment by Amir from North of Iran — September 14, 2006 @ 12:35 pm

66. Dearest Anousheh

I have listened to your interview with Iranian Channel 4 TV, you cant imagine how proud Iranian are to have a talented, genus daughter like you, what adds to this is to see how humble and cool you are.
    Many people are millionaires these days, it is easy to go to expensive holidays and so forth but how many people could go to space and still remain as humble as you are.
    Imagine one day you join with Bill Gates on an especial project, wow I cant wait to hear the news of that project.

Anyway, Bon Voyage and when you reach to the space station, just close your eyes for a second and remember howmany Iranian are thinking about you, whilst they have their own dreams and destinies and the hope you created for them.

God Bless

Hooman

London, UK

Comment by DR HOOMAN ZAVAREI — September 14, 2006 @ 12:43 pm

67. Lady you’re the best!!! I’m proud that I’m somehow related to you… Hope you have a great journey… be safe up there…

Comment by M.Reza — September 14, 2006 @ 12:45 pm

68. hello dear Anousheh. i am very happy because i see an iranian woman will go to the space. so i found your blog and i started writing you this comment. i am going to ask you to do a favor on all of the iranians and your countrimates. i think its better to write a blog in persian and upload your movies and pics on it ( because as you know just a few group of people in iran know english ). i am as interested as you are but i can not contact you because i live in a small city in iran and there are so limitation here. i will be happier if you write me my answer and the address of your persian blog. with the best wishes for you.
    Mohammad Nematollahian

Comment by Mohammad Nematollahian — September 14, 2006 @ 12:55 pm

69. hello anousheh
    do not be tired forever i am from iran can you give us your emial adress
    you know becouse we have so question to ask you
    thanks
    hatef

Comment by hatef — September 14, 2006 @ 1:27 pm

70. salam khanoume Ansari
    khoshhalam ke avalin khanoume fazagarde donia ba man hamzaboune va man mitounam behseh begam ke ba tamame vojoudam baratoun arezuye safari khosh daram va omidvaram ke salemo salamat be khounatoun bargardin.

Comment by Hasibaa — September 14, 2006 @ 1:28 pm

we (iranian) are so proud about you not just because of your flight but because you are a model of successful woman in diffrent field. we hope a wonderful flight for you .

Comment by tahereh — September 14, 2006 @ 1:33 pm

72. سلام انوشه عزیز من هم برای سفرت لحظه شماری میکنم وخدا میداند چقدر هیجان زده هستم چون نه تنها تو به رویاهای کودکی خودت رسیده ای بلک رویاهای نسل ما را که مانند تو چنین آرزوهایی داشته ایم برآورده کرده ای راستی من دبیر فیزیک در رشت هستم و تمام دانش آموزانم دوستت دارند در تابستان کلاس تابستانی داشتم و با گفتن داستان تو به آنها انگیزه و امید میدادم تمام دانش آموزانم دوستت دارند و یه تو درود میفرستند.
    دیشب هرفهایت را شنیدم ممنون انوشه عزیز ممنون که از طرف تک تک ایرانیها افتخار را به فضا میبری .

god bless iran,s simorgh

[Hi Anousheh,
    I'm waiting for your trip! And I'm very excited about that because not only your dream is coming true but our generation's dream is coming true too. I'm a physics teacher in Rasht. All my students love you. We talked about you in our summer classes. We heard you last night. Thank you, dear Anousheh. We are proud of you.]

Comment by nasrin khodabakhsh — September 14, 2006 @ 1:38 pm

73. I’m so proud that you are the first Iranian spacewoman.
    and I am so glad that I was born in Iran and that I am one of the Iranian people since you are and some of the other famous researchers all over the world are Iranian.
    E.Nikooee,Geohazard Researcher, Shiraz University,Iran.

Comment by E.Nikooee — September 14, 2006 @ 1:38 pm

74. anoosheh aziz bedan dar tamame safarat ghalbeh melyoonha irany ba tost doostat darim.

Comment by nasrin — September 14, 2006 @ 1:43 pm

75. Dear Anoushe;
    We prayer for you to be happy and successful.

Comment by kami — September 14, 2006 @ 2:01 pm

نمیدونم چی بنویسم
    منم کم به فضا علاقه ندارم
    یعنی خیلی علاقه دارم
    حتی پارسال یه تلسکوپ کوچولو هم خریدم و کلی باهاش کیف میکنم
    وقتی حرفای شما را از شبکه چهار شنیدم یا دربارتون در مجله نجوم خوندم و عکساتونو در سایت دیدم همون حسی بهم دست داد همون حسی بود که هر وقت با افراد موفق صحبت میکردم بهم دست میداد
    ای حس انرژی زیادی بهم تزریق میکنه
    باعث میشه قویتر دربرابر خواسته هام تلاش کنم

موفق تر و پیروزتر در زندگی باشید
    به امید توفیق الهی در تمام مراحل رندگی
    عبدالله شجاری

[Hi,
    I don't know what to write because I love space a lot and I bought a telescope last year and I enjoy it a lot. Hearing your interview and reading about you in Nojum magazine gave me lots of energy. It make me stronger for working hard to achieve my goals. I Wish you more success in your entire life. Abdollah Shojaei]

Comment by nobody — September 14, 2006 @ 2:01 pm

77. salam anooshe jo0n.
    shayad badaz moddatha be irani boodanam eftekhar kardam vagty shoma ro didam.
    man ye honarmandam ke ashege asemoonam…man mojassame sazi mikhoonam ..chandin safare nojoomi dashtam…man ba tamame vojood khoshhalam ke shoma parvaz mikonin ..hes mikonam khodam jatoon hastam…
    pak,sade,irani.doostetoon daram,
    oonja ke hastin be yade man ham bashin.
    ba ye sabad arezo0haye gashang .
    vida

[Hello dear Anousheh,
    After a long time I'm actually proud of being Iranian; when I saw you. I'm an artist who is in love with sky. I'm a sculptor and I made some trip with astronomy clubs to watch sky. I'm very happy with all my heart that you are making this trip. It's like I'm going to this. Honest, simple, Iranian; I love you. Over there remember me; With a basket full of good wishes.]

Comment by vida — September 14, 2006 @ 3:00 pm

78. Hi from Chile, South America!!!!

I am so happy to have the chance to go at ISS… wow!!!!
    my congratulations for you for be the first iranian spacewoman. I’ll be watching every day…

Best luck to you!

Comment by Esteban Nuñez (from Chile, South America) — September 14, 2006 @ 3:13 pm

I am a TTIian. I came to know about your voyage from one of my current colleagues who remembered you from one of our conversations. I am really happy that you are getting a chance to fulfill your dream. You are an inspiration to everyone.

Best wishes on behalf of all TTIians who did not get a chance to wish you. You made us all proud.

Have a great voyage. Wish you a safe return home.

Sree

Comment by Sree — September 14, 2006 @ 3:49 pm

80. Salam

I’m really proud of you as an Iranian. You are going to a place where you can see God; try to use the best of these moments and pray for yourself, family and your country, Iran. Wish you the best.

A question: how can I contact you using a ham radio. I currently live in London. I really appreciate if you could answer this this for me. I did see the program from Iran, channel 4, where you spoke about ham radio and that you will speak to Iranian people. How is it possible to speak with you from London.

Ya Ali
    Rasoul

Comment by Rasoul — September 14, 2006 @ 3:51 pm

از اینکه اولین هستی خیلی خوشحالم اولین زن. اولین ایرانی امیدوارم بهترین لحظات رو به یاد ما هم باشی.
    حالا این سفر با تمام زیبایی ها و برجستگی تموم میشه اما امید وارم به بعد از این به یاد ایران ..زنان ایران .. علم ایران و تمام کودکان
    یتیم ایران هم باشی

کاش دوستان نظراتشون رو فارسی تایپ می کردن
    آخه ما داریم به ایرنی بودنمون افتخار میکنیم

با آرزوی سربلندی

[Hello Ms Ansari,
    I'm very happy that you are the first one, the first Iranian, the first woman. I wish you remember us in your best moments. This beautiful trip will end, but please don't forget Iran, Iranian women, science in Iran and all orphans in Iran.
    I wish people type their ideas in Persian, we are proud of being Iranian...]

Comment by Mohsen — September 14, 2006 @ 4:11 pm

82. Thank you for imagining, inspiring and being the change.

Good luck!

Comment by Oren Tirosh, Israel — September 14, 2006 @ 4:48 pm

83. درود بر انوشه عزیز
    برنامه تلوزیونیت رو دیدم خیلی هیجان انگیز بود امیدوارم همواره موفقیت و شادی شما رو ببینم امیدوارم سفر خوبی داشته باشید.خوشبحالت قدر این رو بدون

[Greetings dear Anousheh,
    I saw your interview, it was very exciting! I wish you being successful and happy. I hope you have a good trip. Please appreciate this opportunity]

Comment by آرمیتا — September 14, 2006 @ 5:11 pm

84. سلام خانم انصاري:
    من بهنام هستم مدير يه وبلاگ نجومي ايراني
    خيلي خوشحالم از اينكه قراره شما بريد فضا
    در ضمن بيشتر خبراتونم تو وبلاگم قرار دادم
    خيلي دوستون دارم
    پيروز باشيد

[Hello Ms Ansari,
    I'm Behnam and I have a Persian web log about astronomy. I'm very happy you're going to space. I've put all your news in my web log. I like you a lot. Good luck]

Comment by dorood — September 14, 2006 @ 6:16 pm

85. hello anooshe:
    i just say
    hope you advanced more
    i hope have a beautiful trip in space for you
    love u
    behnam
    hamedan/iran.

Comment by behnam — September 14, 2006 @ 6:26 pm

86. god bless you anousheh…. you`re an iranian and we love you…
    we proud of you…..viva viva Anousheh, viva viva Iran…

Comment by Mehdi — September 14, 2006 @ 6:51 pm

87. I don’t know what to say but we love you and good luck in space.
    HAVE SAFE TRIP!

Matthew and Family

Comment by Matt — September 14, 2006 @ 6:52 pm

88. anoushe azizam kheyli khoshhalam ke shoma avalin khanoomi irani hastin ke be faza safar mikonin safar khosh man dar LA zendeghi mikonam khasti adres midam ye sar bezan

Comment by Nima — September 15, 2006 @ 9:28 am

Iranian Love You.Good Luck

Comment by Javad Abbasi — September 15, 2006 @ 11:50 am

90. salam
    afarin.afarin,afarin,…afarin be iran ke khakesh che adam haei ro parvaresh mide,afarin be iran ke zananesh mesle mardhash ba gheirat hastan,khoda ro shokr mikonam ke irani hastam,tu iran be donya umadam,tu iran bozorg shodam va tu hamin khake moghaddas ham mimiram.omid varam be salamat berid va bargardid.
    fekr konam hich kas ta hala tu faza baraye man doaa nakarde,chera baraye man!,baraye hame mardome jahan va be khosus ma iraniha va mosalmuna, azatun hamin 1 kar ro mikham ,ke ma ro un bala doaa konid,az samime ghalb baratun arezuie movafaghiiat mikonam.
    khoda hafeze shoma va hame kasani ke esme iran ro zende negah midaran,khodahafez(doaa yadetun nare MJM)

Comment by MJM — September 15, 2006 @ 1:59 pm

91. ba salam khedmate shoma khanume ansarie aziz,
    afarin, afarin, afarin,…afarin bar shoma ,afarin bar iran ba in khake moghaddasesh,afarin bar iran ke na tanha mardhash, balke zanhash ham ba gheirat va shoja hastan,taze mafhume in sokhane payambaremun mohammad ro mifahmam ke :”az damane zan hast ke mard be me’raj raft”. khoda ro shokr mikonam ke irani hastam, khoda ro shokr mikonam ke tu iran be donya umadam va enshallah dar hamin khake moghaddas ham az donya miram.
    mitunam 1 khaheshi az shoma bokonam?
    lotfan un bala raftin ma ro ham az un bala doaa konid ,fekr nakonam ta hala 1 irani rafte bashe un bala va ba zabane farsie zibash gofte bashe:”khoda ro shokr, man ke be arezum residam,arezuhaie tamame mardom ro bar avarde kon”
    omid varam be salamt berid va bargardid.
    khodahafeze shoma
    ya ali ,khoda negahdar

Comment by M.Javad Mohiti — September 15, 2006 @ 2:32 pm

92. salam khanoome Ansari
    baese eftekhare hameye khanoomeye doniast ke avalin jahangarde donia 1 khanoome.amaa man be onvane 1 dokhtare irani nemitoonam be shoma eftekhar konam,chon shoma az ma sharm darin.nemoonash sitetoone(anoushehansari.com)ke hich ja nadidam neveshte bashe “Anousheh Ansari was born in iran” ya 1 chizi ke maloom beshe in khanoome mohtaram aslo nasabesh be iran barmigarde.age eshtebah mikonam,mano motavajeye eshtebaham bokonid.be har hal az tahe ghalbam baratoon arezoo mikonam ke ba movafaghiat va salamat bargardin va derekhtetoono ba daste khodetoon bekarin.

Comment by Hasti az Rasht — September 15, 2006 @ 3:24 pm

93. سلام انوشه خانوم امیدوارم تو سفرت موفق باشی البته یک خواهشم ازت داشتم اگه تونستی یه کارت پستال از تخت جمشید یاپرچم ایران رو رو با
    خودت ببر و اگه تونستی بااون عکس بگیر

با آرزوی موفقیت برای شما
    پویا —–نوجوانی 16 ساله

Comment by پویا — September 15, 2006 @ 5:35 pm

94. گر بر اب روی خسی باشی گر به هوا پری مگسی باشی دل به دست اور تا کسی باشی

Comment by نگین — September 15, 2006 @ 7:09 pm

95. Hi Anousheh!

You are such an inspiration! I am so thrilled for you and your passion to follow your dreams, and I wish you the best time in your life as you go out in to space. Can’t wait to here all about it!

Safe travels!
    Nic

Comment by Nicola Meeks — September 15, 2006 @ 7:40 pm

96. Nasrin Aziz,

Moaleman man dar iran naghsheh mohemi dar alagheyeh man beh reshteyehayeh elmi dashtand. Fizik yeki az behtarin kelashayi bood keh man dashtam. Moalemaneh irani, beh nazareh man, az behtarin and ba houshtarin moalaeman donya hastand. Hatman barayeh man addreses khdetan ra befrestid va begouyid chand shagerd darid. Man barayetan aks va patch khodam ra khaham ferestad.

[ Dear Nasrin,

My teachers had a very important role in my interest to science. Physics courses were my favorite. I believe Iranian teachers are among the best and the most clever teachers in the world. Please send me your address and tell me how many students you have. I will send you my photo and my patch]

Hasti az Rasht,
    Man fekr Kardam parcham iran royeh safheyeh aval royeh Patch va Site Farsi zaban kafiyeh. Man irani boudanam rah hichvaght makhfi nakardam. Moteasefam keh in fekr ra dar moredeh man mikoni…

[I thought Iran’s flag on my patch and my Persian site was enough. I never hide the truth that I’m Iranian. I’m sorry you think about me this way….]

Comment by Anousheh — September 15, 2006 @ 8:32 pm

I’m proud to see the first female space tourist to be a fellow Iranian. I was also part of the space program myself. I worked at NASA Johnson Space Center in the Extravehicular Activity (EVA) group as an instructor and flight controller and trained many of the Shuttle and ISS astrounauts and cosmonauts. I’m proud as an Iranian American myself to have you represent our home land.
    God Speed!

Comment by Koorosh Vassigh — September 16, 2006 @ 7:46 pm

98. سلام خانوم انصاري
    هستي هستم از رشت.حق با شماست.من متوجه ي اون قطعه نشده بودم و پرچم ايران رو نديدم و اصلا” نميدونستم سايت فارسي زبون داريد.ممنون که من رو متوجه ي اشتباهم کردين و ازتون معذرت ميخوام.باز هم براتون ارزوي موفقيت ميکنم و مطمئنم که سلامت پيش خانوادتون بر ميگردين چون دعاي 1 ملت پشتتونه.هممون دوستتون داريم و اميدوارم اشتباه منو ببخشيد.

Comment by Hasti — September 16, 2006 @ 8:00 pm