September 23, 2006

Call from Orbit

Filed under: Personal Spaceflight — by Peter @ 8:22 pm

This afternoon I received my “longest distance call” ever! — a call from Anousheh on orbit.

My cell phone display showed a 281 area code, which is the area code for Johnson Space Center. I answered and heard Anousheh’s happy voice. “Hello Peter! This is Anousheh calling from ISS.” This time I was all smiles.

We spoke about how much fun she’s having, flipping and floating and looking out the window. She had always been jealous of how much zero-g time I had amassed on Zero Gravity Corporation’s G-Force One… about 7.5 hours total, 30 seconds at a time. But now Anousheh has blown me away in zero-g time!

Anousheh is thrilled about the space blog and how many people are logging in to read every day. Many thanks to Robin Snelson for doing an awesome job!

We spoke about how her experience is evolving her thoughts about personal spaceflight… what a private space station might look like, and our future need for an Orbital X PRIZE and a Lunar X PRIZE. We also spoke about how grateful she is to Space Adventures for making her trip possible.

I asked her if she had seen the Moon out the window yet, and she said no but she would try to find it. We laughed that she made it to orbit first, but I am going to try to be first to the lunar surface.

Thanks for calling Anousheh. Have a blast for me and everyone else too!

- Peter H. Diamandis (Chairman, X PRIZE Foundation).

1. با سلام اميدوار در زندگي هميشه موفق با شي.سعيد از يزد

[Hi, Good Luck, Saeed, Yazd]

Comment by saeed — September 23, 2006 @ 8:35 pm

2. Have good time in Earth’s orbit!

Good luck for all team…

Comment by Maciej — September 23, 2006 @ 8:38 pm

3. This Text is PERSIAN(Farsi)+ENGLISH = FINGLISH
    salam
    omidvaram finglishi khondan sakhtet nabashe …
    khily khoshhalam ke yeh Irani makhsoosan yeh zan Irani be faza rafteh ….
    akhbar migoft farda sob … nazdik azan sobh istgah shoma moshakhase to asemoon va ba cheshm ghayr mosalah ghabel roooyat .. barat dast tekon midam … on mogheh bidari ? baray ma yeh dasti tekon bede…
    ghorbanat …. zaynab 13 sale az tehran

[ wish reading this is not hard for you. I’m very happy an Iranian, especially an Iranian woman went to space. I heard in news that tomorrow morning we can see you. I’ll wave my hand for you. Will you be awake and wave your hands for us too? Regards. Zeinab, 13 years old from Tehran

Comment by zaynab — September 23, 2006 @ 8:40 pm

4. Wow, this is amazing!!! This was my first time reading this blog and I am so impressed and shocked. It might sounds a little bit wierd for you, but when I reached the part that you were talking about the “area code” and “longest distance”, my eyes were full of tears and chills all over! This is such an amazing feeling, I would give any thing to experience this situations! More power to you all and way to go Anousheh…we are so very proud of you and hope that our prayers from earch will always be accompanying you! By the way, Anousheh, Do you feel any closer to God, over there?!! LOL

Comment by Koosha — September 23, 2006 @ 8:57 pm

5. salam khanoom ansari
    man 2 ta soal dashtam az khedmateton
    1-bara sarf ghaza dar faza che kar mikonin?
    ghazahaton be che sorati has?
    2-baray ghalabe be bi vazni che kari anjam midahid?
    mamnoon

[ Hi Ms Ansari,
    I have 2 questions: 1- what you eat there? 2- How you move or work in 0-gravity? thanks]

Comment by farshad — September 23, 2006 @ 9:08 pm

6. Reading some of comments here, I think I can speak for everybody
    that your description about our beautiful planet , so peaceful , so blue, brought tears to many eyes, including myself.
    Please spread this peace message to all government leaders, when you are back
    God bless you

Comment by mehdi — September 23, 2006 @ 9:12 pm

7. congratulation! to you and your family… from all peopel of iran… good luck to you…

Comment by armin — September 23, 2006 @ 9:14 pm

8. Hi dear Anousheh
    This is chakameh, I’m Iranian journalist who lives in France.
    First of all I want to tell you that I proud on you and hope you will successful in all your life. Then I want to know is it possible for you to make interview from there or not? It will publish first in Iranian press then I will use it for French press.
    Have a nice trip and hope to see one day from near.

Chakameh Bozorgmehr
    Journalist & Responsible of communication and press section
    Melody for dialogue among civilization Association, UNESCO

Comment by CHAKAMEH — September 23, 2006 @ 9:24 pm

9. i am checking in regularly now.i have posted some of your stuff on my site, hoping to get more people involved! this is fantastic! thanks so much for the opportunity to comment and read comments from all over the world! you are the best!

Comment by mieyasha — September 23, 2006 @ 9:26 pm

10. Fabuloussssssss

Comment by Mehrdad — September 23, 2006 @ 9:32 pm

11. درود بر خانم انوشه انصاری

[Greetings Ms Ansari]

Comment by behnam — September 23, 2006 @ 9:32 pm

12. salam.shoma baes eftekhar ma iranian hastid.be omid rozi ke az iran be faza beravim ba safine sakht khodeman.mahfoz bashid.

[ Hi, you’ve honored all Iranian. wish to see one day people go to space from Iran with spaceships made in Iran. God bless you]

Comment by samir — September 23, 2006 @ 9:37 pm

13. hozoor shoma dar kenare daneshmandane bozorg baese eftekhare hameye ma iranihast. omidvaram hamishe sarboland bashid

[ we’re proud to see your name among great men and women. wish you honor]

Comment by saber — September 23, 2006 @ 9:38 pm

14. Dear Peter ,

First of all Thanks alot Peter , Mr snelson , and other ,who I don’t know , creating this great opportunity to others , going to space as tourist , Reading blog of a spacian turist , and writing for a lovely woman up there ! ….
    you all have done great job !
    I hope you have a chance going to ISS and beyond , and waiting to read your blog from sapce too :)
    next time when Anousheh phone you , tell her how much all we love her , and lookforward to see in future she , and other woman/man , like her making this blue globe a peaceful planet for all in all countries :)
    but if you hadn’t time to say all of these , only say HELLO from Zari to her ;)

Bests ,

Comment by Zari — September 23, 2006 @ 10:01 pm

15. anousheh is our Proud in iran and …..
    anoushe your message received:”practice made perfect”
    thanks for your help. ;)

Comment by Ehsan — September 23, 2006 @ 10:28 pm

16. Hi, i am from one of little city in iran, we are sooooooo proud of you,we love you and your goals, I every night see to sky and pray for you to be SUCCESSFUL,

Comment by MOHSEN — September 23, 2006 @ 11:05 pm

17. se ver o espaço aqui da Terra através de um telescópio já é lindo, imagina fazer ao contrário, observar a Terra do espaço. Deve ser lindo e emocionante. Quem sabe um dia isso se torne passeio normal, como uma viagem à alguma cidade. APROVEITE !!! Kisses !!

[This text has been automatically translated from Portuguese by translate.Google.com
    if to see the space of the Land through a telescope already is pretty here, imagines to make in contrast, to observe the Land of the space. It must be pretty and emotive. Who knows one day this if it becomes normal stroll, as a trip to the some city. IT USES TO ADVANTAGE! Kisses! ]

Comment by Diogo Bessa (brazil) — September 23, 2006 @ 11:20 pm

18. Dont you think the money you expend in this trip could be more usefull if you expend with some poor people?

Comment by Anderson — September 23, 2006 @ 11:30 pm

19. I am really proud of you Anousheh! You set the bar really high for many women around the world and help the man kind to realize the importance of space travel one more time. I am looking forward for your lunar landing dearest. Best regards
    Tirdad Daei

Comment by Tirdad — September 23, 2006 @ 11:42 pm

Your experience is our experience.
    Your being lifted up, lifts all of us up. Your aspirations being realized inspire us all to aspire.
    Anousheh – one little star that women, men and children all over our world can look to and believe that somehow, through our dreaming and our work, our simple human lives can be better, that people of all cultures can get along and work together to accomplish something wonderful. You dream and therefore we are better.
    Peace,
    Bill Kelly
    Georgia, USA

Comment by Bill Kelly — September 24, 2006 @ 12:07 am

21. SOME TIME IS HARD FOR ME TO ANSWER THE QUSTION WHERE I AM FROM?BECAUSE OF SOME PEOPLE …ANYWAY,
    BUT THIS TIME I WAS PROUD TO TELL EVRYBODY IM FROM IRAN ,
    THANKS ANOSHEH AND GOD AND BLESS YOU

Comment by A. — September 24, 2006 @ 12:22 am

22. I got to hear her call down to MIT on Friday! There were about 160 people there. It was really cool to hear someone on the station talking to us!

I want to go, too! Hey Peter – Do you have $20 Million laying around anywhere, that you wouldn’t miss? 8o)

– VAB

Comment by VAB — September 24, 2006 @ 12:27 am

23. Hello Mrs.Ansari,

Your step and your idea was far more than a personal scientific curiosity, it gave a nation and a race confidence and believes.
    God bless you,

Comment by Hazhir-UK — September 24, 2006 @ 12:59 am

24. Olá, I am Brazilian and I live in Rio De Janeiro. When I see experièncias I eat its I I feel that he is next the day where any citizen of our planet will make a space trip. This is fantastic! Congratulations.

Comment by Carlos Eduardo — September 24, 2006 @ 1:01 am

25. Yeah, good travel! 20 millions can be used to get more food to the africans and the poors… but, the capitalism create things like this.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Comment by Jorge — September 24, 2006 @ 1:11 am

26. Hi,
    I am an Iranian-American. I always knew the combination of the two heritage and cultural grain, would make for such a potent and positive contributing force. One of zeal, determination and love and the other of hope, opportunity and tolerance.

My niece are so proud of you. They are now 17 and still grappling with their identity and you’ve made it that much easier for them to truely be proud and see through the negative media stereotypes that is constantly bounced onto them.

Thanks for leaving something behind that will matter and make all of us proud.

Arash.

Comment by Arash — September 24, 2006 @ 1:17 am

27. Watched you fly over about 20 minutes before the sun rose, amidst the last of an annual eclipse, I think in the middle of Day Two. I actually waved. Among the young, and even among increasingly crusty space enthusiasts, those who’ve watched every (and I mean EVERY flight) from the late Admiral Shepherd’s suborbital Mercury up to including your launch, rendevous and arrival on ISS, are somehow more captivated this mission than I’d have ever thought possible. Sorry about the initial Zero-G discomfort, but thanks so much for the details about little things like the wait after docking, and such. People identify with the human side, and the sheer joy you much be experiencing. It will all be over too quickly, but I’ll bet you’ll be back, though, like Peter… some of us are going to beat you to the Lunar Highlands. Savor EVERY MOMENT, take notes, and THEN tell us all about it! Don’t waste too much window time typing on a laptop.

Comment by Joel Raupe — September 24, 2006 @ 1:24 am

28. I read his blog and I found interesting.
    I live in Brazil, Rio de Janeiro.
    I want to say that you are a grace.

Comment by serafim antonio — September 24, 2006 @ 1:28 am

29. Anouseh! . . .I love you . . .We love you!

Comment by Bijan S. Fard — September 24, 2006 @ 1:32 am

30. Parabéns !

Comment by João Altair Mariano — September 24, 2006 @ 1:43 am

31. Dear Anoushed,
    May God continue blessing you, your family, the astronauts there and the world here!
    Many thanks for your encouraging words of wisdom. What touched me more was to know that since you were a child you laid down looking to the stars and also your wish that all people could experiment what you are living. Probably tomorrow, if God’s will, I’ll preach something like “The Power of a Dream”. Don’t worry. Be Happy! You deserve!
    Delmar Dorneles, Porto Alegre, south of Brazil.

Comment by Delmar Dorneles — September 24, 2006 @ 2:19 am

32. oh my goddddd, i’m brazilian living in japan and i must congratulate u!ur so corageous!i’m proud of youuu!enjoy it!

Comment by Marioi — September 24, 2006 @ 2:38 am

33. How locky are you peter!
    I realy love to have just a saved message from orbit in persian for my visitors in http://www.spacescience.ir or our TV program,”Night Sky”.
    Whould you please ask Mrs. Ansari to arrange this for Persian People.
    Thank you very much in advance.

Shahram Yazdanpanah
    Space Science & Technology Researcher

Comment by Shahram Yazdanpanah — September 24, 2006 @ 2:54 am

34. Hello from Brazil :) Congratulations and enjoy in the space. See and send a kiss to Brazil, for us :) Thx.

Comment by Roger Lopes — September 24, 2006 @ 3:00 am

35. Anouseh! Peter! All of you, and all of the team(s) … hail on you, because you make the future become belivable. GO ON!

Comment by Achmed Khammas — September 24, 2006 @ 3:22 am

36. A beautfull woman with a beautifull mind in a beautifull orbit
    What else can lift my depression so effective..

This was the perfect medicine.
    for the human mind, for science and for me
    who isn’t very scientific, but feels terrific.
    There is some science in that..

Comment by herauthon — September 24, 2006 @ 3:51 am

37. Hi Anousheh… I’ve enjoyed following you through the web, the blog, and nasa tv. Congratulations on achieving orbit (and HappyBirthday)! The story about your phone call to Peter is awesome. Give me a call to say “Hello” ok? :) 678-362-0316.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

-Scott Hardy, Atlanta Ga, USA

Comment by Scott Hardy — September 24, 2006 @ 4:04 am

38. سلام. از اینکه بالا خره یک ایرانی به ارزوی من رسید از خوشحالی کلی گریه کردم . از شما متشکرم و انگار من به ارزوم رسیدم . از خدا سلامتی شما را خاهانم. مجید- ایران- تهران

Comment by majid smaeeliyan — September 24, 2006 @ 4:19 am

39. congratulations on blogging from space, a first, and what an impressive achievement

Comment by michael addicott — September 24, 2006 @ 4:21 am

40. خانوم انصاری عزیز..برای من و همه ی جامعه ایرانی مایه مباهات هست که این چیین غروری رو نسیب همه ی ما ایرانی ها کرده اید.
    دوستان من در این دو چند لینک برای شما مطالبی رو نوشته اند..ببنید
    حمید از شهریار – تهران

و

موفق و پاینده باشید…
    سفر سلامت

Comment by Hamid — September 24, 2006 @ 4:24 am

41. dear anoshe
    i am iranian . my english not very goood. i am very happay for this opporunity that happen for you. you must know god like you beacuse now you have holy spirit i think beacuse for this please ask god to support all people.i will happy to answer me.
    mohammad

Comment by mohammad — September 24, 2006 @ 4:49 am

42. آهاي ايراني
    تو حرف نداري
    از اين پايين برات دست تكون ميديم

موفق باشي

Comment by Nima Rad — September 24, 2006 @ 4:51 am

43. That earth which you have seen with your on sale stuck eyes of the Soyuz ship is that the God gave us to the human beings to take care of it… but we are destroying it. They move your emotions to me. your emotions move to me. God takes care of to you

Comment by Alberto Barrios — September 24, 2006 @ 5:02 am

44. In my Intro to Islam’s class, the professor asked us to bring any articles about Islam in the news. When most of my friends brought the articles about Al-Qaede,jihad, Iraq and yada yada yada, I carefully printed an article about you from USA today and sent it to my prof.He was impressed that I paid attention to you than the bombs blowing up in Iraq.

For me, your achievement to be the first female space tourist is something that Muslims worldwide from Sarajevo to Kuala Lumpur can be proud of.

It amazed me when most Iranian-Americans who fled the Islamic Republic of Iran refused to be associated with Islam, you proudly called yourself as a “liberal Muslim”. Those two words were so soothing to hear.

Young Muslim women are looking for icons to emulate and you will be one that inspires many Muslim women to pick up sciences and reach for the moon.

I hope you will travel to the Muslim world and help inspire women there. Go to Afghanistan and teach the men there about what they’ll be missing if they refused to educate their women there – seeing one more Muslim making history.

Comment by Nasir Ismail — September 24, 2006 @ 5:11 am

45. Dear Anoushe
    I am writing from your born country, all the time I am following your travel, the Iranian people talking about you all the time too, Anoushe is our hero, because you are talking about peace, about love and about knowledge, if you are looking carefully to the earth, you can find a map like a cat, the people in this small pieces of word thinking about you.
    Hope for healthy return.

Javad, Iran/Tehran

Comment by Javad Navid — September 24, 2006 @ 5:12 am

ببین من هیچی از وبلاگت نفهمیدم یه ذره ام اینگلیسی بلد نیستم فقط می خام بهت بگم موفق باشی همین ایشالله هر جا هستی پیروز و سر فراز باشی حق یارت

Comment by محسن — September 24, 2006 @ 5:17 am

47. greetings from india ms. ansari, i feel short of words to write here can say only GOD BLESS U n have a safe return to earth.
    regards
    manish

Comment by manish — September 24, 2006 @ 5:33 am

48. درخت تو گر بار دانش بگیرد
    به زیر آوری چرخ نیلوفری را
    انوشه جون
    مرسی بالاخره فهمیدم این شعر راست راستی یعنی چه؟!؟

سلامت و پیروز باشید

خدا کنه که همه مون یه روز به آرزومون برسیم برسم

Comment by Farzaneh — September 24, 2006 @ 5:37 am

49. In the name of GOD
    In the name of IRAN
    and
    In the name of Anousheh
    Dear Anousheh you made all of iranian proud.
    congratulation and enjoy in space.
    Amir/Tehran/IRAN
    انوشه عزیز نمیتوانم خوشحالی و احساس غرور خودم را پنهان کنم. صمیمانه این موفقیت را به شما تبریک میگویم و از این که یک ایرانی هستم افتخار میکنم. همیشه شاد و سلامت و پیروز باشید
    درود و بدرود
    امیر از ایران

Comment by A.S.Amiri — September 24, 2006 @ 5:37 am

50. سلام خانم انصاری عزيز
    من در وبلاگم در مورد شما نوشتم. براتون آرزوی تندرستی دارم.

Comment by Nona — September 24, 2006 @ 5:42 am

51. I congratulate you on your achievement. And as your fellow country men and women have written that you have made them proud.
    Kudos!

Comment by Sharique — September 24, 2006 @ 5:47 am

52. ba salam
    tabrik by nahayat barayeh shoma va arezzoyeh safar khob va be yad mandany ,

pishnahad mikonam ke bad az bargasht az faza hatman barayeh sooud (climbing ) be bolantarin noghteh koreh khaky EVEREST SUMMIT eghdam konid.faghat ba 150000 usd mitonam shoma roo ta gholeh hedayat konam.
    eradatmand shoma amir

Comment by amir — September 24, 2006 @ 5:49 am

53. Dear Mrs. Ansary
    these days in Iran every body talks about you.
    you do an unforgetable and huge task.
    we are very proud of you specially me!
    i think you are my sister. this is the way that i feel close to you and like you.
    you might be a member of all iranian family around the world
    you become history…
    congradulation
    Sandra
    An iranian girl from Beijing :-)

Comment by sandra — September 24, 2006 @ 5:57 am

54. Dear Anooshe, been in Space is my old dream too. Particularly I like to see Jupiter. It’s the most beautiful planet I believe.
    I’m so happy that you had peace message from Iranians and also very on time it was.
    I hope you enjoy your trip
    When I saw you I realized even that dream that I gave up because I thought was impossible, can come true.

Comment by Neda — September 24, 2006 @ 6:24 am

55. Dear Anoushe:

Hi,I am sending you this from Isfahan.We are pride of you for being the first Iranian woman who taking that space trip.I know how hard must have been when you were coming out from our earth atmosphere.You are brave as your ancestors.Take a look at us from way up there.

Comment by Ebrahaim — September 24, 2006 @ 6:25 am

56. Anousheh- What a wonderful thing you are doing! To those who feel that the 20 Million dollars would have been better spent on the poor, consider this: For many people in the west, Anousheh is a wonderful, positive example of an achieving female muslim. This trip could have benefits far greater than the money which was spent on the trip. So many people from Iran, europe, USA and the rest of the world are fascinated by this extraordinary woman. Anousheh’s amazing journey brings people together; it gestates hope, interest, and dialogue. Keep up the good work, Anousheh! We look forward to more entries in your blog. – Ziggy

Comment by Ziggy — September 24, 2006 @ 6:34 am

57. با آرزوي موفقيت روزافزون براي شما در كليه مراحل زندگي …… هميشه برقرار باشيد و سلامت

ايمان از تهران

Comment by ايمان — September 24, 2006 @ 6:37 am

We are praying for your health and for your achievement in scientific trip.Take care of your self.

Comment by Behi — September 24, 2006 @ 6:44 am

59. salam khanoome ansari aziz
    aya midonid ke chand shab ast ke yek setare dar aseman derakhshande tar az hamishe ast ?
    chon anoushe aziz dar aseman ast va in derakhshandegi bishtar shode .
    az samime ghalb dostetan daram

Comment by morteza — September 24, 2006 @ 6:49 am

60. بنام خدا
    با سلام و درود بیکران
    سرکار خانم انوشه انصاری
    مطمئنا دختر بچه ای که در زمان خردسالی همه روزه نگاه به آسمانها می نمود و در دل آرزو داشت که روزی فضانورد گردد و شاید در همان ایام کودکی در اولین روز مهر ماه برای رفتن به مدرسه بی تاب بود و شاید هم در حالیکه گوشه ای از دامن مادر را در دست کوچک خود فشرده بود و نمی خواست برای لحظاتی از مادر جدا بگردد و حضور در منزل را به مدرسه رفتن ترجیح می داد ! هیچگاه فکر نمی کرد که چندین سال بعد آرزوهایش تحقق خواهد پذیرفت و از عجائب جهان هستی ما اینکه، در اولین ساعات صبح گاهی روزاول مهر ماه 1385 که صد ها هزار نفر کودک خردسال ایرانی با نام و یاد خدا آماده می شدند که برای اولین بار در زندگی شان مدرسه و کسب علم را تجربه کنند ! همان دختر بچه کوچک داستان ما که اینک نام بلند آوازه اش برای همیشه در تاریخ فضانوردی جهان ثبت می گردید با نام زیبای انوشه انصاری با فضاپیمائی که همیشه آرزوی آن را داشت بر فرازکره زمین و کشور زادگاه خود و آبا و اجدادیش به پرواز در آید در حالیکه هزاران هزار چشم شب نخفته فقط به این فکر می کردند که اگر شده برای لحظاتی هر چند کوتاه شاهد عبور فضاپیمائی باشند که دختر بچه دیروزی و دانشمند بزرگ علم فضانوردی امروز را در خود جای داده بود را بنگرند ! حتما از اینکه ممکن است صدها نفر از همین خردسالان هموطن تو که بعد از ناپدید شدن فضاپیمای تو در آن صبحگاه ، از دید همه در افق دور دست ! سالیان بعد راه تو را ادامه بدهند بر خود بالیده ای و مطمئنا از اینکه در فضای بیکران کشور خود از آن بالا شاهد زیبائیهای فوق العاده اش بوده ای نزد بقیه سرنشینان فضاپیما احساس خوشحالی مضاعف نموده ای ،لذا به جا می باشد که در این لحظه از جانب گروه کثیری از علاقمندان به علوم نجوم و فضانوردی در شهرستان بسیار زیبای بروجرد که برای لحظات کوتاهی از فضای زیبا و فوق العاده آن عبور نمودی از خداوند بزرگ خواهان موفقیت های بعدی تو باشیم .
    با سپاس و بدرود
    بروجرد — فرهاد داودوندی محقق آماتور علوم نجوم 1/7/1385
    [received]

Comment by فرهاد — September 24, 2006 @ 7:04 am

61. salam khanoome ansari,

2 ta soal daram: 1-age hame chiz oonja too hava mo’alaghe, pas chetor moohatoono mishoorin?moohatoono ke mishoorin?
    2-aya ISS hamishe dar hale charkhesh be dore zamnie?yani in ehtemal vojood dare ke vaghti ma 1 setare ro too aseman mibinim ke dar hale harkate,oon ISS bashe?

rasti man az beine neveshtehatoon motavaje shodam ke har roozi ke kare kheili mohemi darin, asabi mishin.baratoon sare namaz doa kardam ke rooze bargashtan ham mesle rooze raftan betoonid khoonsardie khodetoono hefz konid va fekre bargashtan be khoone baes beshe daem oon labkhande ziba roo labatoon beshine.

soale akhar: 3-daghighan key barmigardin?

Comment by hasibaa az rasht — September 24, 2006 @ 7:12 am

62. dear anoushe
    congradulation
    iranian people are proud of you every where
    have a good time and take care yourself
    regards .
    irandokht .

Comment by irandokht — September 24, 2006 @ 7:23 am

63. salam Anoushe jan
    az samime ghalbam az khoda mikham ke salamt be zamin bargardi.
    man va khounevadam bi sabrane montazerim ta az zibayi haye oun bala baramoun begi.
    be omide didar
    ye hamvatan ke be to fekr mikone!

Comment by Fatemeh M — September 24, 2006 @ 7:27 am

من از روزي كه خبر رفتن شما به فضا رو شنيدم دلم با يك هيجان خاصي ميزند
    از خوشحالي و سرور
    هميشه دعايت ميكنم
    موفق باشي

Comment by h — September 24, 2006 @ 8:18 am

66. Dear Anoushe,

What an enjoyable time I have had reading of your experiences of launch and orbiting the Earth. Little things that never are discussed are most facinating – such as the “Smell of Space”. I was so impressed by it, that I created a post on my Astronomical forum and it can be found here:

It also includes links to your homesite so others who visit my site may read along with your time on board the ISS.

At times when I have Telescopes set up for the public, we check to see when the ISS will appear and zoom overhead in Chicago. Everyone who catches it is awestruck and amazed we can view it. Quite a bright object it is and with the new solar panels – it will be even brighter. And now with your words, it seems like we have a friend on board.

We all thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and we wish you a safe and exciting voyage.

Respectfully,

Chicago Astronomer Joe Guzmán
    Administrator
    chicagoastronomer@email.com

Comment by Chicago Astronomer Joe — September 24, 2006 @ 8:24 am

67. Hello Mrs. Ansari
    I am a girl from Iran Yazd.
    Mrs. Ansari I heard & saw your talk on CNN. It was very short but very very clear and it was FANTASTIC.
    I learned it from your talk then that dreams really can come true.
    It was that night that I found it out that what I really wanted and I will do everything to to be successful. You will know me after many years because I am going to be very important & famous… just like you!
    Now it is 10:45 PM in Iran. I will look at you tonight please look at me from sky.
    I really love you. Specially when I see you are still remembering your memories in Iran.
    I hope that you can read this from a thirteen year old girl from the place where you were born; Iran.
    I will pray for you a lot to be back safely.
    with love from
    sima

Comment by sima — September 24, 2006 @ 8:40 am

از این که به آرزوی دیرینه خود دست یافتی خوشحالیم اما سعی کن در تمام مراحل زندگی بخصوص زمانی که به آرزوهات میرسی به فکر یه نفر باشی که هممون میشناسیمش همونی که تو رو به اینجا رسوند تو رو به اونجا رسوند همون که زرشتیا بهش میگن اهورا مزدا عرب ها بش میگن “الله” فارس هام بش میگن “خدا” راستی یه سوال ؟

میدونی با اینپولی که تو رو به آرزوت رسونده میشه چند تا بچه آفریقایی را به آرزوشون رسوند میدونی آرزوشون چیه ؟

خوردن یه وعده غدای گرم و خوشمزه

امیدواریم که همیشه موفق باشی و با یاد اونی که
    گفتیم به بقیه آرزوهاتم برسی

ببخشید که شما را نصیحت کردیم ما حدود بیست سال از شما کوچکتریم

محمد و محسن و طاها از ایران

Comment by Baro bax Iran zamin — September 24, 2006 @ 8:43 am

69. Dear Peter,
    thanks for your exclusive news from Anousheh,
    good luck.
    M.Hossein Eftekhari from Iran

Comment by M.Hossein — September 24, 2006 @ 8:43 am

70. i dont wanna see that phone bill =p, ISS to EARTH, $45.00/minute xD

Comment by Brent McGhee — September 24, 2006 @ 8:54 am

71. CONGRATULATIONS! Just CONGRATULATIONS!

Comment by Soheil Jafari — September 24, 2006 @ 8:57 am

You become history…Thank you for making us proud as a real Arian woman…

There in the sky you see the earth with no walls in between the people, no country bounderies and pure calmness.

How I wish we could always mirror such image in front of our eyes, down here on The Earth.

Take Care and enjoy your ride in the universe!

Nooshin Ghavami Tehrani
    Dubai – U.A.E. 24. Sept.2006

Comment by Nooshin Ghavami Tehrani — September 24, 2006 @ 8:59 am

73. خانم انوشه انصاری سلام.من وخانواده ام شجاعت وشهامت شما رابرای انجام این سفر بزرگ تحسین میکنیم.و آرزو میکنیم با یاری خداوند متعال سفر شما با موفقیت کامل همراه باشد.امیدوارم در ایستگاه فضایی برای شفای همه بیماران دعا کنید.متشکرم.

Comment by اصلان کوهی — September 24, 2006 @ 9:03 am

74. salam Anousheh jan.
    man Fariba az daneshgah Esfahan hastam. Shoma arezoye tamame Iranian ra bar avardeh kardid. Man ham dar bachegi asheghe faza va setareha boodam, ama hala yek Plant Physiologist hastam.
    mikhastam agar emkan darad dar moorede giahan dar faza va tahghighat anjam shodeh roye anha etelaati baraye man beferestid, motshaker misham.
    be jaye ma ham lezzat bebarid.
    Khosh begzareh.
    Fariba

Comment by Fariba Hadian — September 24, 2006 @ 9:04 am

75. سلام انوشه جان . امیدوارم که سفر موفقیت آمیزی داشته باشی و الان که در فضا هستی و از زمین دور مطمئنا احساسی وصف ناشدنی داری خیلی دوست دارم بدونم الان چه احساسی نسبت به خدا داری باید بینهایت نگاه زیبا یی ادم پیدا کنه حسی که ادم همه افریده ها را تقریبا به طور یکجا میبینه و خدا را. خیلی جالبه مثل مرز بین بودن و نبودن و جالب اینجاست که ما ادمها هستیم که این جای خالی را پر میکنیم و چه بهتر کسانی باشند که بتوانند معنای جدید از حیات و بودن و امید را در بقیه زنده کنند امیدی و حیاتی قدرتمند و زیبا همراه با عشق ورزیدن به همه ادم ها و هر انچه متعلق به خداست دست یافتن به ارزوها برای همه شیرین خواهد بود اما دست یافتن به ارزویی که باعث بشه به تمام ادم ها کمک کرد و هدفی والاتر و بالاتر را در خود داشته باشد مطمئنا در نظر هر کسی از هر فرهنگ و هر کشور و هر مذهبی قابل تحسین و تقدیری شایسته خواهد بود . و باید بگم که حرکت و عمل شما در سطح عالی انجام شده و امیدوارم این پیشرفت ها در همه ادم های ازاد اندیش تاثیر گذاشته و به عنوان سراغازی نو برای پایان های کوچک گذشته باشد. از اين كه يك بانوي ايراني تونست مرز ها و محدوديت ها رو در هم بشكنه
    و به جايي فراتر از ديد آدم هاي زميني سفر كنه بينهايت خوشحالم .اي كاش همه ي ما يا حد اقل همه ي اون هايي كه ميخوان و تلاش ميكنن بتونن به عمق رويا هاشون سفر كنن..شجاعتت و خطر كردنت و قدرتت براي حفظ رويایت رو تحسين ميكنم
    دوستت دارم به دليلي فراتر از هم وطن بودن كه به خاطر نمادينه شدن تو براي عاشق بودن و رسيدن. از خدااروزیی سلامتی برای شما و تمام همراهانتون را در فضا و در زمین میکنم امیدوارم که خداوند همراه شما باشد. سعیده و عادل

Comment by saeideh & adel — September 24, 2006 @ 9:04 am

76. movafagh bashi hamishe.

Comment by ad — September 24, 2006 @ 9:08 am

77. سلام حال شما
    خوبین شما
    خوب هست انجا
    دلتون برای زمین تنگ نشده

Comment by barbod — September 24, 2006 @ 9:35 am

78. انوشه جان سلام خدا میدونه بعنوان یک ایرانی چقدر به شما افتخار میکنم.بدون تردید شما دارای اراده قوی وهمچنین دلی پاک وقلبی بزرگ هستید که لطف خداوندشامل حال شماشده
    انوشه جان یه سوال هم داشتم واقعا قرآن رو به فضا بردی.موفق باشی

Comment by غلامرضا — September 24, 2006 @ 9:39 am

79. Dear Anoush,

I am proud to have such countywoman. I am living in Isfahan and every night we pursued your trip with my family. I admire your daring and braveness.
    Best and warm wishes to you as pioneer woman.

Bahram.

Comment by bahram — September 24, 2006 @ 9:52 am

80. @Jorge (No.25):
    I learned at school: Don’t give them the food, give them the education and the tools so that they learn how to feed themself in a better way and for long. This is much better than being depended from someone else. Many poor countries suffer from corruption, war and many other problems. One way out is better education, for boys *and* girls. I see that Anousheh is helping through charity organizations like the Ashoka Foundation and others. And by realizing her dream to fly into space, she shares her experiences with many people, in particular young girls in the country where she was born, and give them shiny inspirations. And don’t forget, there are thousand of workers in the russian space industry, who will make a better living out of her trip.. many of them have a hard living, but they continue to work for the space program, because they also have a dream. Better spent 20 M. Euro for the above, than for diamonds, partying and other expensive stuff… Many governments are cutting money for space science and education, which is bad. From personal experience I know how kids and young people can be motivated by space science and there is quite a high percentage of those, who will continue with their interest in science, space and technology. In space there are no borders.. it doesn’t matter if you are black or white or from which country you are. We all sit in the same boat, our blue earth, sailing through the universe.. We need more people to to have this view and share it with others.. Once the earth was flat, now people need to understand that we don’t need borders.. we are all humans and should live peacefully together to fight the real problems, like climate change, hunger, etc.. Anousheh’s flight into space is a little step into this direction..

Peter G.

Comment by Peter G. — September 24, 2006 @ 9:54 am

I hope you will have some more time to talk to schools from space.
    Imagine talking to your school in Iran through han radio? I fear, time would be to short for organizing such an event..

Anousheh talking to students from space:

Comment by Peter G. — September 24, 2006 @ 10:01 am

82. Good to you Peter!
    I can imagine how surprizing it was for you to hear Anousheh’s voice from the space.

Comment by Reza Labbaf — September 24, 2006 @ 10:01 am

83. salam khanoom ansari omidvaram ke alan dar feza khoooooob o khosh o khoram bashid
    man yeki ke ehsas ghorooooooooor mikonam
    khosh begzare

Comment by marshal — September 24, 2006 @ 10:08 am

84. سلام و درود بر شما كه با پشتكار وتلاش به الگوئي براي ايرانيان تبدي شده ايد اميدوارم همواره سالم و تندرست و در كنارخانواده محترمتان خوشبخت باشيد خواهشمندم در رابطه زندگي در فضا در مدت 24 ساعت از خواب و خوراك و مسائل ديگر سخن بگوئيد

Comment by محمدآقا محمودي — September 24, 2006 @ 10:14 am

I just wnated to let you now that you are in the hearts and minds of all Iranians these days. We are all proud of you.
    What strikes me about you is not your being rich and being able to afford a space trip but rather being a successful and patriotic Iranian female entrepreneur in a foreign country and your love for space adventure.
    I was surprised to hear that you’ve never been to Iran ever since you left. I hope you will get the chance to travel to Iran once you come back to Earth. Things are not as bad as you read and hear in the news about Iran these days. Iran has changed alot in a positive manner over the past ten years. I am sure you will find many things to appreciate here.
    Be omide didare shoma dar sarzamine ahouraeeye Iran e bozorg. Payandeh Iran!
    Parastou, Tehran

Comment by Parastou — September 24, 2006 @ 10:16 am

86. یک خانه پر ز مستان، مستان نو رسیدن/ دیوانگان بندی زنجیرها دریدن
    یک ساقی عیان شد آشوب آسمان شد/ می تلخ از آن زمان شد مشکش از آن دریدن.
    جانهای جمله مستان دلهای دل پرستان/ ناگه قفس شکستند چون مرغ ورپریدن
    مستان سبو شکستند بر خمها نشستند/ یارب چه باده خوردند یا رب چه می چشیدن.
    من دیر ز ره رسیدم قومی چنین بدیدم/ من خویش را کشیدم ایشان مرا کشیدن.
    آن را که جان گزیند بر آسمان نشیند/ او را دگر ببیند جز دیده ها که دیدن.
    همراه با بهترین آرزو ها برای شما.
    Regards.

Comment by Farah. — September 24, 2006 @ 10:27 am

87. anousheh jon you did a great job and I am proud of you,wish you all the best
    Mohsen Rafizadeh
    California,University of California Irvine

Comment by Mohsen Rafizadeh — September 24, 2006 @ 10:52 am

88. salaam
    omiidvaaram ke be salaamat va baa daste por be zamiin bargardii

سلام
    امیدوارم که صحیح و سالم و با دست پر به زمین برگردی

نواب محمدی از محمودآباد***مازندران

Comment by navvab نواب — September 24, 2006 @ 11:30 am

89. دروود خانم انصاری خیلی خوشحالم از اینکه شما برای اولین بار در جهان وبلاگ رو از فضا به روز رسانی می کنید… راستی من برای ورود شما یک موزیک ساخته ام که برای بی بی سی و شما ارسال خواهم کرد تا چند روز آینده… موفق باشید
    بدروود

Comment by بنیامین محمدی — September 24, 2006 @ 11:44 am

90. salam khanoomeh ansari
    hatman midoonin dar iran barayeh har ettefagheh jadidy jok sakhteh misheh .in jok ham dar rabeteh ba shoma sakhteh shodeh
    “be elateh hozure bedoone hejabeh Anusheh Ansari dar mah,olama hazer be royateh mah nashodand ,leza maheh ramezanta ta bazgashteh vey be tavigh khahad oftad”
    fetvayeh jadid”ta bazgashte anosheh ansari az mah negah be mah jayez nemibashad”
    lahazateh khoshi ra barayeh shoma arezoomandam

Comment by mahnaz — September 24, 2006 @ 12:01 pm

91. Hi Ansari,
    As I watch you and the entire ISS crew, Soyuz and Atlantis on NASA TV, I delight in seeing the people of earth working together for a common cause. It wasn’t so long ago that this was impossible. You all are proof that it is possible to use our wondrous technology not only for dominance but for the good of man kind and of earth. God bless the crew and to all future missions into space. Cant wait to see the day of a permanent moon base.

Comment by Tom Maruskanic — September 24, 2006 @ 12:27 pm

92. salam khanoom ansari omidvaram movafagh bashid lotfan dar soorate emkan axhaye safare fazaey khod ra be man ersal konid.mamnoon.

Comment by امید تیزکار — September 24, 2006 @ 12:40 pm

93. من اصلاً نمیدونم تو فارسی بلدی یا نه!!! مهم نیست! من مینویسم ، شاید کسی پیدا شد واست خوندش!!!

من میترسم
    !!!
    مواظب باش
    انوشه
    صورت ماه را
    لک نکنی

Comment by daryoosh — September 24, 2006 @ 12:56 pm

We are all proud of you. You are another example that proves Iranians’ talent.
    ما همه به تو افتخار میکنیم

Comment by Atekeh — September 24, 2006 @ 12:58 pm

95. only
    good luck

see you soon in iran

Comment by morteza — September 24, 2006 @ 1:26 pm

96. Who would not be jaulous of you right now :)….Too see mother earth from outer space _must_ be the most incredible thing ever! My self sure wont to go one day….when the prices, hits “average joe prices” ;o).

#18 – come on! Let the woman spend her money the she wants too…..jealousy is a ugly thing…sorry, cant stand it.

Stefan,
    Denmark

Comment by Stefan Stente Nielsen — September 24, 2006 @ 1:30 pm

97. salam be khanoom ansari !!!!!
    in eftekhare bozorg ro be shoma tabrik migam !
    barayetan arezooye behroozi va sarbolandi daram
    dostar shoma : SHOKOUFEH

Comment by shokoufeh — September 24, 2006 @ 1:32 pm

98. salam be khanoom ansari !!!!!
    in eftekhare bozorg ro be shoma tabrik migam !
    barayetan arezooye behroozi va sarbolandi daram
    dostar shoma : SHOKOUFEH ;)

Comment by shokoufeh — September 24, 2006 @ 1:33 pm

99. Hello,

Congratulations and mind the gap.

I would’ like to be in this place…

Good look.

Heli – Brazil

Comment by Heli Teodoro de Assunção Filho — September 24, 2006 @ 1:33 pm

100. Anoushehe aziz salam:
    khyli khoshhal shodam chon to ra be onvane fazanavar didam
    yek soal az shoma daram ke behtare shakhsi azet soal konam.
    montazerat hastam. Ehsan KH.17.az Iran.Bojnourd

hi,dear Anousheh:
    I was very happy becouse saw you as astronaut.
    I have a question from you that it’s better ask personal to you.
    I’m waiting for you. Ehsan KH.17.from Iran.Bojnourd

Comment by ehsan — September 24, 2006 @ 1:35 pm

101. Ansari that this its enthusiasm is reflected by all the ignorants and that they make to see them the world with other eyes.

Comment by Wanderley Nunes — September 24, 2006 @ 1:36 pm

102. انوشه جان سلام

از شنیدن خبر صفرفضایی ات وبه حقیقت پیوستن رویای کودکی ات خیلی شاد

شدم واز صمیم قلب برات آرزوی موفقیت دارم.

شاد وسربلند باشی

هموطنت سعید از کرمانشاه

Comment by saeed fatahi — September 24, 2006 @ 1:37 pm

103. well done with you mis anousheh aNSARY SEND FOR ME MANY PICTUER FROM SPACE GOOD LUCK

Comment by sadegh — September 24, 2006 @ 1:46 pm

104. The life is funny! While you pay $20.000.000 for to see the world of the space, milions of peoples die with hungry. But is the life and we stay here, in the same world that you see of the space. Congratulations!

Comment by celio — September 24, 2006 @ 1:50 pm

105. Dear ANOSHE
    YOU MUST BE MAD FOR YOUR TRIP TO SPACE.
    YOU LIKE BE A SUPERSTAR.
    CONGRAGULATION NOW YOU ARE.
    EVRYBODY CAN VERY VERY BETTER THAN YOU HELP TO PEOPLE WITH 20M $.
    BUT I HAVENT.

GOODLUCK ANOSHE

SAEED FROM KERMANSHAH

Comment by vic92 — September 24, 2006 @ 1:51 pm

I watch NASA tv everyday, to get information and news about you…. I am really happy and proud of you… Your courage will be always a great guide for me… as a woman, as an engineer, I admire you….there is something very special in you…money can not bring all….

Have a nice and safe journey…

Jabis

Comment by Jbis — September 24, 2006 @ 2:03 pm

107. سلام کاش منم یه روزی بتونم …
    صابر مازندران

Comment by صابر — September 24, 2006 @ 2:08 pm

108. salam anosheh aziz omidvaram hamisheh movafagh bashi te soal azt daram mikham bedonam to faza shoma ghaza chi mikhorin va chetori hamam miravid hava on bala sarde ? mamnon misham gavab bedid . ba arezoy movafaghiyat baray shoma . mana hastam az iran tehran 20 saleh

Comment by mana — September 24, 2006 @ 2:20 pm

109. salam khosh begzareh

Comment by zari — September 24, 2006 @ 2:21 pm

110. (We will be very thankful if somebody forwards this message to Mrs. Ansari, A.S.A.P please)

Dear Mrs. Ansari,
    Thanks a lot for your kind attention to the amateur radio operators of Iran and the nice QSO we had on sep. 24 by ARISS.
    As you had desired, we have arranged a group of students to come here tomorrow for a talk with you. We will video cam the whole talk so we can show it in schools to all the other students who can’t manage to be here tomorrow. On Monday, Sept. 25, we will be ready to contact you from 07:15 to 07:25 UTC and from 08:50 to 09:00 UTC.
    Also in our talk tomorrow, we’d appreciate it if you would give all the Iranian students a message on improving in space sciences.
    Same as today, we will call RS0ISS at 144.490 MHz (Region 3 uplink) and we’ll try to hear you at 145.800 MHz (Worldwide downlink).
    We hope to hear you again from ISS.
    Thanks in advance.
    73 de EP3RF

Comment by Reza Soleimani nia — September 24, 2006 @ 2:27 pm

111. The day you went up was one of my highest points in life as an Iranian. So was the day that Shirin Ebadi won the Nobel peace Prize. May be one day The Iranian women save us from the darkness of “mankind” disaster.
    Farid Bozorgmehr

Comment by Farid Bozorgmehr — September 24, 2006 @ 2:38 pm

112. Go Baby Go.Return safe and sound Anoosheh.
    You are doeing the best thing you can,(sharing the moments with us).No one had took this initiative to call people for respecting
    the earth.Please continue to write all your experiences,and go on with your peace and humanright and exploration campaign.May some day all the space lovers can get to see their dream come true.Until then GO Anoosheh go!Ishalla

Comment by kei.kavos — September 24, 2006 @ 2:50 pm

113. Hello Anousheh.Farsi javedaneh shod.Sedaye shoma dar hale farsi sohbat kardan dar faza baraye mojoodate fazaii avalin nemoonehye zabane farsi khahad bood.Chon amvaje sedaye shoma zoodtar beh digaran khahad resid .Go Anoosheh go!

Comment by keikavos — September 24, 2006 @ 3:10 pm

114. lovely space explorer ,
    (I really believe you are an Explorer , not a turist )

I’m intersted in the moment when you come back and maybe at your home , sitting , and reading all of these words which thosands around the world have written for you …
    I think you will cry…
    especially some beautiful words from Iran …
    you become an idol for millions !
    IDOL of HOPE TO FOLLOWING DREAMS

please if it’s possible for you , and you have no problem ,
    give a chance for your fans in Iran ,
    have a trip here , Thanks :)

yours ,

Comment by Zari — September 24, 2006 @ 3:10 pm

115. Hi Anousheh, even for us earth bound humans watching you make history has been such fun, Ive known you for years and I today as in the past years admire you. You exemplify the best in people, Ive always looked up to and aspired to maintain your family values. As a family you all have held together better than most I know and when you recounted the count down “4,3,2 (I love you Hamid) 1 blast off” brought a warm glow to my heart. Hamid is surly very proud as are the rest of your family. Anyway beyond that you have truly transcended sex, race, religion and politics, not a small achievement in it’s self. You see the world and humankind in a very different way than most and that is inspiring and is one of the gifts you are giving back. Keep up the good work and continue changing the world, Ill see you when you get back.

Mike and Amy

PS. time to start work on that little prediction from a year ago?

Comment by Mike Perusse — September 24, 2006 @ 3:29 pm

Don’t forget Iran..Iranian people are proud of you ..I’m pruod of you as an Iranian girl..
    The Little Prince is my favorite book too. ;)
    what do you feel now that you are separated Earth?…
    آدمی در عالم خاکی نمی آید به دست
    عالمی دیگر بباید ساخت وز نو آدمی

Best wishes for you my dear,
    Muna

Comment by Muna — September 24, 2006 @ 3:44 pm

117. Best wishes for you,
    An Iranian Girl ;)

Comment by Muna — September 24, 2006 @ 3:51 pm

118. salam khanome ansari vagean tabrik migoyam
    shoma eftekhare iran hastin
    hosien az tabrizz

Comment by hosein — September 24, 2006 @ 4:36 pm

119. salam aziza delam. omodvaram un bala khodaro behtar bebini .khoshhalam ke be arezoot residi.nemidoonam manam mitoonam be arezoom beresam ya na. yadet ba she too faza maro az yad nabari.kheily dooset daram .ba arezooye salamati baraye to .7 mehr roo zamin mibinamet.

Comment by ياسمن — September 24, 2006 @ 5:31 pm

120. hi anoosheh
    i am follow you traveling around the space
    and very glad because:you are first irainan going to the space and first woman in the world traveling as tourist.
    we hopeful after come back frome space see you in iran.
    with best regards

Comment by reza pakro — September 24, 2006 @ 5:36 pm

121. Blessings from the coast of Maine!

Comment by Thomas C. Collins — September 24, 2006 @ 5:54 pm

122. باسلام به خانم انوشه انصاری
    خوشحال هستم که رویایی ایرانیان برای رسیدن به فظاتحقق یافت وشمابه ارزویتان رسیدیند
    به امیدایرانی ابادوسلامتی برای شما
    نوید از اصفهان

Comment by navid — September 24, 2006 @ 6:06 pm

123. Dear Peter G. ,

Thanks for your perfect explanation @ “80”
    very good answer for all who compare this adventure cost with poverty in some countries …

Please if it’s possible tell us the exact time of re-entry ,

TANX alot ,

Comment by Zari — September 24, 2006 @ 6:19 pm

I’ve been following this great space mission ever since your take off in Russia. Been coming back to this site to read your Blog and the many interesting comments from people from all over the world!

Well, all I can say is that among all the many others my thoughts often go up to the ISS, whishing you and your crew members all the best and a safe return to Earth!

I myself am a multinational (Italian-American-German), living in Germany presently, where Human Space Exploration is often considered a waste of money by many. I strongly disagree with that opinion.

However, there are lots of space enthusiasts that are deeply impressed and very proud of your mission, which may be called symbolic in many ways: Women have all the right and the place to be up there! And multinational missions may help tear down some of the walls in the heads and the hearts of so many narrowminded folks down here on this one Blue Planet we all share!

If only a few young and not so young human beings learn to understand that no matter which color our skin has, no matter in which God we trust, no matter where we live on our beautiful planet, we are all just ONE MANKIND, on a tiny ball-shaped small space ship in a damn cold vast universe, we already achieved a little step closer to global peace, tolerance and understanding each other’s lives. Maybe, just maybe, then our race has a pretty fair chance NOT to destroy ourselves.

Keep up your good spirits, you are a wonderful inspiration to all of us down here :-))

“Live Long & Prosper” ;-)

SpaceOwl Ron

Comment by SpaceOwl Ron — September 24, 2006 @ 6:29 pm

125. dear anousheh
    always i see you in nasa tv and i proud a iranian woman tarvel to space for frist time and i wish you back home safe.

Comment by Mahmood Ansari — September 24, 2006 @ 6:38 pm

126. Congratulations Anousheh!

I just finished reading your bio & blog, you truly are an inspiration to everyone! Your accomplishments proves the American dream is possible for anyone. You’ve come and gone a looooong way baby! I look forward to reading your blog – keep writing. Congratualtion to the entire ISS Team from James in Edgewater, Florida!

Comment by James Harvey — September 24, 2006 @ 6:44 pm

127. سلام . شما با اين سفر اميد دوباره به من داديد . من هم عاشق فضا هستم و آرزويم سفر به فضا است و وقتي شنيدم شما به فضا رفتيد خود را به آرزوي خود نزديكتر ديدم . اميدوارم موفق و پيروز و سربلاند باشيد . همه مردم در ايران منتظر هستند تا در فرصتي مناسب شما را در ايران ملاقات كنند .

Comment by محسن از تهران — September 24, 2006 @ 6:46 pm

128. dear Anoushe
    man maryam hastam 16 sale az iran mikham dar ayande mesle shoma besham khayli dost daram fazanavard basham vaghti karhaye shoma ro didam khayli omidvar shodam az khoda mikham ke hamishe movafagh bashid rasti mikham vaghti forsat kardid mano rahnamaii konid
    mer30
    good lock

Comment by maryam — September 24, 2006 @ 7:42 pm

As a Canadian boy, I began following the American space program way back in the days of Gemini. I was camping during the Apollo 11 landing and listened to the broadcast from a tinny tranistor radio while lying in my tent. The visuals in my mind were better than what I finally saw when I returned from my trip.

You are living my dream even though I know I will never make it to space. If you are flying over Canada and you get close to Toronto, give me a wave. Better yet, sneak up to the controls and waggle the new solar panels!

Safe flying.

Dean Robertson

Comment by Dean Robertson — September 24, 2006 @ 8:13 pm

ترجیح می دم به فارسی یعنی زبان مادریتون به شماتبریک بگم نه بخاطر این که به فضا رفتید و خیلی چیز های دیگه فقط و فقط به این خاطر که شما یک زن موفق ایرانی هستید
    .دوستون داریم خانم انصاری و به عنوان یک ایرانی به شما افتخار می کنم
    امین از ایران_تویسرکان

Comment by amin — September 24, 2006 @ 8:31 pm

131. Congratulations, Anousheh and the X-Prize team!

You are truly trailblazers. Anousheh, thanks for serving as an inspiration for so many people aorund the world. Your description of Earth from space was moving.

Hopefully, Peter’s and your dream of space travel becoming commonplace is not too far away. I’d love to be up there : ).

-Chetan

Comment by Chetan — September 24, 2006 @ 8:36 pm

132. سلام خانم انصاری عزیز
    امیدوارم که همیشه ایام شاد پیروز وسلامت باشی.
    آرزو میکنم به سلامت برگردی.شما مایه افتخارما ایرانیان هستید.
    موفق باشید
    هاشم از اصفهان

Comment by hashem — September 24, 2006 @ 8:37 pm

مسافرفضاازاون بالا چه خبر؟
    سعید -شهریار

Comment by سعید — September 24, 2006 @ 8:54 pm

134. hi anoushe. how is it going with you.we feel very proud of your being there. hope you will share your experience with every one after your return on earth. how does the world look from ISS?
    Wish you luck!!!!!!!!!!

javadpour heidari haghani nemati ghanbarnejad nazari jebraili

Comment by shahid beheshti university students — September 24, 2006 @ 9:05 pm

135. Hello Dear anousheh
    I wish you success in your earth life & space life in all place of this world.

Be happy

Comment by Mohammad Pejhan — September 24, 2006 @ 9:32 pm

136. انوشه ی عزیزم من و همه ی ایرانی ها به وجود تو افتخار میکنیم.

Comment by آرام — September 24, 2006 @ 9:54 pm

137. congratulation! to a woman from universe, who can feel moon a bit closer.

Comment by Seorsahin — September 24, 2006 @ 9:56 pm

138. “CQ CQ this is RS0ISS (Romeo Sierra Zero India Sierra Sierra) from International Space Station calling for anyone in Iran.”

Thanks to Christian in Austria, who recorded Anousheh’s voice on Ham Radio..

You can listen here:

73s
    Peter, DB2OS

Comment by Peter G. — September 24, 2006 @ 10:00 pm

139. سلام.
    خیلی جالبه!
    تقریباً دو یا سه هفته قبل از شنیدن اسمت و اینکه قراره چند کیلومتر از سطح زمین بالاتر بری، یه شب به ذهنم رسید که اگر یه روز برم اون بالا و مثلا از تو ایستگاه یا روی سطح ماه چشمم به زمین بیفته چکار می کنم! خیلی چیزا در مورد اجرام فضایی و کیهان و کهکشانها و… خوندم. خیلی عکس های زیبا از هابل دیدم. ولی مطمئنم دیدن زمین از اون بالا واقعا آدم رو تکون بده! نظرت چیه؟!!!

Comment by Oveis — September 24, 2006 @ 10:03 pm

140. به نام خدا

سلام و درود خدای مهربان به همه دانشمندان و تلاشگران ایرانی که برای افتخار و آبادی ایران تلاش می کنند.
    خانم انصاری از شما می خواهیم که بعد از بازگشتتون به زمین در اسرع وقت به ایران بیایید و مردم رو بیش از پیش شاد کنید.

به امید ایران پیشرفته 1400
    حسین از گرگان

Comment by Hossein — September 24, 2006 @ 10:10 pm

We are all proud of you in Iran, and wait for the day to see more iranian men and women in such briliant positions like you.

Comment by Moussa — September 24, 2006 @ 11:15 pm

142. سلام.امیدوارم حالتون خوب باشه.از تماس تلفنیتون که اینجوری برمیاد.
    تقدیم به شما:

شبو با فانوس اشکت
    میبرم به روشنایی
    با تو میرسم دوباره
    به طلوع آشنایی

میدونم هر جا که باشی
    دل تو اهل همین جاست
    واسه منو تو اینجا اول وآخر دنیاست.

سفر خوش بگذره

Comment by جاهد ملک زاده — September 25, 2006 @ 12:59 am

143. Dear Mrs Anousheh Ansari,
    Hi, this morning (3rd of Mehr) and also in the 1st day of Mehr I went to the house-roof to see ISS carrying YOU and the other astronauts, nothing can be greater than making a dream come true, I’m 19 and I’m studying Electronic and Computer Engineering in Tehran University. I believe we (the students and anyone who dares to dream) have to learn how to achieve our dreams from you. I wish a safe and successful trip for you. God be with you.
    Arah R, Tehran

Comment by Aarsh R — September 25, 2006 @ 1:49 am

144. khosh begzare khaanoomi

Comment by invisible girl (zahra) — September 25, 2006 @ 1:50 am

145. that was amazing for me to read a diary from an iranian in orbit.
    good luck.

Comment by amirtaherin — September 25, 2006 @ 2:04 am

146. سلام انوشه جان.
    من فكر ميكنم تو چند تا كار مهم انجام دادي.اول اينكه از سطح يك ايراني معمولي رسيدي به سطح يه امريكايي با سواد.و از اونجا به سطح يه نابغه تو امريكا و حالا يه نابغه تو كره زمين…پيشرفت و پشتكار تو واقعا شگفت انگيز بوده و خواهد بود.افتخار كردن براي كسي مثل تو خيلي كمه .فقط ميتونم بگم كاش يه دنيا انوشه داشتيم و كاش همه بتونيم از همت بلندت ياد بگيريم و ايرانو به روش انوشه انصاري بسازيم …مثل همه ايرانيا بهت افتخار ميكنم و مثل همه ميگم كه دوست دارم و مشتاقانه منتظر برگشتن يه فضانورد مهربونو دوست داشتني هستم … دوست دار تو . امير . 29 ساله . تهران

Comment by امير — September 25, 2006 @ 2:16 am

147. سلام انوشه جان
    ادم خيلي بزرگي هستي . افتخار واسه تو و همتت خيلي كمه.منتظر برگشتت هستيم فضانورد مهربونو دوست داشتني. زندگي نامتو خوندم و خونديم …يه جور ناجوري دوست دارم…امير . 29 ساله . تهران

Comment by امير — September 25, 2006 @ 2:52 am

148. Hi … we love you ANOSHE . i hope see you very soon
    amir … tehran

Comment by amir — September 25, 2006 @ 2:55 am

149. Dear anousheh,
    I don’t know what can I write that looks new for you up there, because others already showed their feeling to you with the most beaustiful ways possible. I just want to write and share this beautiful time of history with you. I was wathching and tracking your news all the time. Every time I read your writings and listen to your beautiful web site’s mucic, tears come out of my eyes involuntary.

Comment by Nima — September 25, 2006 @ 2:56 am

150. Hi Dear Anousheh,

I saw the ISS this morning in Tehran Sky ! I waved my hand for you! I wish I was in you shoes :x

Comment by Fatemeh — September 25, 2006 @ 5:55 am

151. سلام امیدوارم حالتون خوب باشه و اون بالا بالاهابهتون خوش بگذره
    نمی دونم چی باید بگم فقط همین که خیلی خیلی خوشحالم
    براتون آرزوی سلامتی دارم
    فداتون شم
    هستی

Comment by هستی از زنجان — September 25, 2006 @ 7:53 am

152. Dear Ms. Anousheh(Cadet)
    As an Iranian woman i am proud of you. You gave to all people around the world another look to Iranian people, and it is great. I heard some people asked you why you dont spend money for poor people instead going to space! And i want to response them that you are doing a great job, you are going to a direction that leads to saving our planet, and a direction which is great for next generation and toward human being improvement. Helping poor people is great too but there are many differences between these two, one is for present and another for future.
    Best wishes
    Kaivan

Comment by Kaivan — September 25, 2006 @ 8:18 am

153. با سلام همیشه موفق باشید

Comment by goli — September 25, 2006 @ 9:24 am

I am so jealous. You are experiencing the moment of a lifetime. God speed on your journey. Space travel has been my lifelong dream. It makes me so happy to see a young person such as yourself have this wonderful experience and opportunity. You have the heart and spirit of a pioneer!

Comment by devildog6771 — September 25, 2006 @ 10:51 am

You are the one who make us pride in Iran.After all this evevnts around us ,as political and economical pressures, this was the best news we could hear.
    May be you cannot believe, but after your successful fligt I’m dreaming of the first Iranian in space and my happiness is more that it is an Iranian lady.

I would like to say my deep and truely congradulations and tahnk you for all the joy and pride you gave to all your people.

Comment by amir zarrabi — September 25, 2006 @ 11:40 am

156. emrooz sobh az iss 3 ta aks gereftim omidvarim khoob biofte

Comment by mohsen poorarya — September 25, 2006 @ 11:48 am

157. HI DEAR ANOUSHEH
    I HOPE COMEBACK SAFETY TO YOUR FAMILY

Comment by MIKE — September 25, 2006 @ 1:31 pm

158. Peter,

you made a good job! Thank you for this present. All the letters from Anoushay to you – I have tears in my eyes. This is the goal of a hard working and good manager.

See into the eyes of all the children who want to fly in space now. You can see the stars in it.

Ralf Heckel, Space Education Developer,
    Germany

Comment by Ralf Heckel — September 25, 2006 @ 4:15 pm

159. salami az aemaghe vojoudam be aemaghe asemanha be anousheh ansari azizam.ba tamame vojoudam az khodavande bozorg salamati va movafaghiyate shoma ra khastaram.

Comment by vahid — September 25, 2006 @ 5:27 pm

160. I am Jealous Too!
    A Lovely Lady!
    A Courageous Human Being!
    You Are the Inspierer!
    Have a Nice time with everybody miles and miles away above our head!
    We Love You!

Comment by Bijan Fard (the Earth Man) — September 25, 2006 @ 5:49 pm

161. خانم انصاري سلام
    آيا بعد از گذشت يک هفته در فضا بودن و مدام به دور زمين چرخيدن آن هم در هواي هميشه تاريک زندگي را برايتان يکنواخت نکرده است؟
    يا اينکه هر لحظه آن شاهد يک نماي جديد و زيبا هستيد؟

زمين دارد؟

بارش باران بر روي زمين را چگونه مي بينيد؟

Comment by eager — September 26, 2006 @ 12:33 am

164. آيا ماه را همان گونه که از زمين مي بينيد مشاهده مي کنيد؟
    خورشيد را چطور؟

Comment by eager — September 26, 2006 @ 12:38 am

165. […] Posted: Monday, September 25, 2006 5:01 PM by Alan Boyle Categories: Religion, Space Hypothetically, Iranian-born space passenger Anousheh Ansari might have had a chance of changing the timing for the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. The start of the month is determined by the first sighting of the lunar crescent after the new-moon phase – and Ansari, a Muslim, would have had a unique perspective on the moon, unimpeded by Earth’s atmosphere. There’s usually a bit of debate over what constitutes a valid sighting, or whether a sighting is even strictly necessary. But there was no need to draw Ansari into this year’s debate: On her Weblog, X Prize founder Peter Diamandis quotes Ansari as saying that she hadn’t had a chance to see the moon during the critical time. So that’s at least one religious controversy averted… […]

Pingback by Cosmic Log : A regular Ramadan — September 26, 2006 @ 1:05 am

166. نمي دونم چرا هرچي مي نويسم نمي آد اينجا بشينه كه تو بخوني
    بيش از 5 بار است كه پيام گذاشته ام و هيچ كدامشان اينجا قرار نگرفته
    اميدوارم اين كي را بخوني و بفهمي چقدر براي خودت و هدفت ئ نلاشت احترام قائل هستم

اشكان 1367-1988

Comment by ashkan khosropur — September 26, 2006 @ 4:18 am

167. salam Anousheh jan.
    man fariba hastam az Esfahan. Arezoozye dorane bachegi har kasi raftan be faza ast, vali kamtar kasi mitoone be arezoosh bereseh. shoma namayandeh ma hastid.
    Khosh begzareh va ba salamati pishe ma bargard.

Comment by Fariba — September 26, 2006 @ 10:44 am

ضمن عرض تبریک برای دستیابی به این هدف مهم و آرزوی موقیت برای شما
    با همه ارزشمند بودن این مو فقیت “شما و همسرتان یک ایراد بزرگ” دارید که قابل دیدن نیست
    اگر خواستید برایتان میگویم.
    موفق باشید
    (از ایران)

Comment by hossein — September 26, 2006 @ 12:09 pm

169. Hi Ms Ansari,
    I’m writng from Esfahan..here in Esfahan we woke up at 8:AM and looked at the ISS , it must have been an amazing experience for you.
    we are proud of you and wish you a lot of success.
    Greetings
    shahram az Esfahan

Comment by Shahram — September 26, 2006 @ 9:50 pm

170. Hi Peter,
    I’ve got an idea in my mind. I am sure that in future we gonna make it easier to travel to space, but my idea is why not making a simulation of space on the earth?!
    Why not building a simulation of space station on the earth with exactly the same condition as we can experience up there, with the same views of earth and even with the same smell of the space. Tourists can stay there for an hour or a week to have the same experience.
    It will be safe, cheap, easy to access for most of the people. Why not?!!
    I am sure that Anousheh with her experience and intelligent can manage to do that when she come back.
    Best regards,
    Shahram

Comment by Shahram — September 26, 2006 @ 10:26 pm

171. Dear anousheh,all iranian people are proud of you! We love u & wish u the best.
    from Esfahan.

Comment by bahar — September 26, 2006 @ 11:49 pm

172. Hi ,

Comment by Ramchandra — September 27, 2006 @ 1:31 am

173. Anousheh, I am writing from Texas to say thank you for being such a great inspiration with your pioneer spirit and adventurous spirit….so many of us dream of experiencing space travel and you have shown us that the dream is attainable….I am so excited and happy for you!! Safe journey and I can’t wait to hear all about your incredible space voyage when you return to earth!!

Comment by Karemelia — September 27, 2006 @ 5:24 am

174. hi dear anoushe.i am a girl in iran you know,i love universe.when u are working there in galexy,i feel good here beacause i think i am there with u and sitting beside u .feel love there.love from people on earth.

Comment by shadan — September 27, 2006 @ 8:27 am

175. Dear Anousheh ,

You and other crews are preparing to return earth on Thursday Sep.28 , I hope You be completely healthy . Really I know you are so busy , and maybe you are trying to use every minute of these last days , but if you can , please tell us again befor
    re-entry and your land , this will be the last blog from space in this journey ! Thanks alot & alot ,
    have a fare voyage :)
    (though I don’t think read this words befor land :( )
    lots of love

Comment by Zari — September 27, 2006 @ 6:05 pm

176. Dear Anousheh ,

have a fare voyage :)
    (though I don’t think you read this words befor land :( )
    lots of love

Comment by Zari — September 27, 2006 @ 6:05 pm

177. salam
    hamishe movafagh bashi
    behet eftekhar mikonam
    be onvane ye irani.
    doset daram
    albate man hichi az faza.nojom………..nemidonam
    vali midonam kare bozorgi kardi.
    iran bia.
    inja hame dose tdaran va montazere didanetan.

Comment by ehsan — September 27, 2006 @ 8:21 pm

178. […] Google received a call from Space! And Yahoo! too (damn can’t find a link)! And others too. And you thought you were special… You can also bookmark this on del.icio.us or check the cosmos […]

Pingback by .: On Tokyo Time :. » A Call From Space — September 28, 2006 @ 7:31 am

179. hi anoushe !

anoushe you are our hero !

I hope to see you in iran as soon as possible .

Pedram — from tehran

Comment by pedram — September 28, 2006 @ 1:23 pm

180. anoushe jan salam omid varam

bazgashte amneee dashte bashy

pedram

Comment by pedram — September 28, 2006 @ 1:29 pm

181. DEAR ANOUSHEH,

I’m Nadine Trautner from Germany and I’m a friend of Vanessa’s. We translated your blog into German, because we wanted to give every German the chance to read your blog, don’t matter if he speaks english or not.

Your blog is comprehendible for every person, regardless he knows something of the physically operations on ISS.

Thanks for your labor each day writing your spaceblog for us.

Yours Nadine

Nadine Trautner
    Mission 3, Team Stuttgart

P.S. the German version of the blog:

Comment by Nadine — September 30, 2006 @ 9:19 am

خوبي من نميدونم چي بگم خانوم انصاري فقط همينو بگم كه مايه مباهات و افتخاري برا ما اراني ها اميدوارم هميشه موفق باشي مرسي خداحافظ

Comment by alireza — September 30, 2006 @ 9:52 am

183. salam
    1 soale dashtam meto ned shoma baram aks hae faza ro bafarasten?
    aga baram bafarasted mamnon mesham

Comment by ali — October 1, 2006 @ 3:35 pm

184. واقعا که همه را حيرتزده کردين سلام انوشه جان

Comment by mehrdad — October 2, 2006 @ 5:11 am

185. As an iranian, i am proud to see what a success you are!! but my point is, seeing your competence and sucess, with the money for this trip, establishing a foundation, how many young competent iranain could have such possibility to blossum.

Comment by Jafar — October 2, 2006 @ 11:18 am

186. […] Posted: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 12:15 AM by Alan Boyle Categories: Space Laura Rauch / AP file Flash from the past: SpaceShipOne astronaut Brian Binnie waves the flag atCalifornia’s Mojave Airport after his X Prize-winning flight on Oct. 4, 2004. It’s been exactly two years since a privately developed craft last flew a human to space, on a mission that won the $10 million Ansari X Prize. At the time, the founder of the X Prize said SpaceShipOne’s achievement on Oct. 4, 2004, heralded a “personal spaceflight revolution.” To some, that climactic X Prize flight seemed to kick off a commercial sprint to space as captivating as the superpower marathon initiated by Sputnik’s launch on Oct. 4, 1957. But it’s taking a while for this space race to get started – and the revolution’s success is by no means assured. One spectacular failure could conceivably slow down or even call a halt to the race. All this enthusiasm over low-cost spaceflight could end up as little more than a false start, as it did back in 1999. The X Prize’s organizers are already turning their attention to other frontiers as well, such as the genetic challenge being announced today, or the automotive prize due to be announced next year. So two years after the last private space pilot finished his flight, what does the X stand for? In the beginning, the “X” in X Prize stood for “experimental” – as well as the Roman numeral for 10, as in the $10 million purse awarded to the first team to send a privately developed, piloted ship past the 100-kilometer boundary of space twice within two weeks. That’s what Peter Diamandis, founder and chairman of the X Prize Foundation, told Philanthropy magazine last year. This week, that $10 million figure and the experimental thrills are popping up again, in connection with the genomics prize. So far there’s nothing that rich being offered for private-sector space feats: Billionaire Robert Bigelow has essentially put a hold on his $50 million America’s Space Prize for orbital spaceflight, deciding that no one could satisfy the prize conditions by the 2010 deadline. And NASA’s Centennial Challenges are largely limited to earthly analogs, such as this month’s $2 million Lunar Lander Challenge. But Diamandis says the seeds have been sown for many more space challenges down the line – with a key backer of the first X Prize, Iranian-American entrepreneur and recent space flier Anousheh Ansari, playing a leading role. “Space is first and foremost in my heart,” he told me this week, “and if you look at Anousheh’s blog, you can see her speaking about what we’ve been talking about … X Prizes for orbital flight, for the moon, even for asteroids.” Since the X Prize was won, the foundation has added some high-powered board members, including Google co-founder Larry Page, SpaceX founder Elon Musk, genomics whiz Craig Venter and robotics whiz Dean Kamen. The foundation has added employees as well, boosting the staff to 40 people – which is more than it was at the height of the X Prize flights, Diamandis said. He said the decision was made to devote one-third of the foundation’s resources to space-related activities, such as this month’s X Prize Cup in New Mexico, and the other two-thirds to other frontiers. The annual X Prize Cup was “really critical” to keeping the personal spaceflight revolution going, he said: “It’s not enough to spark it. You have to keep the attention and the pressure on.” But an annual festival won’t do much good if the personal spaceflight business isn’t a real business. And even Diamandis admits that the past two years haven’t quite matched his wildest dreams. “I wish we had had additional flights to 100 kilometers by now,” he said, “but of the 25 contenders, about seven or eight are still viable and moving forward. I’ve talked to some of the teams, and when it comes to raising capital and having suborbital flight taken seriously, there’s a night and day difference between what it was before the X Prize and what it is now.” SpaceShipOne’s flights definitely took the “giggle factor” out of the idea of private-sector spaceflight. More companies seem to be seriously trying to solve the puzzle of low-cost access to space – including members of the aerospace establishment such as Lockheed Martin. “We have effectively credentialed suborbital flight as a new and viable industry, and we’ve attracted private capital to the industry,” Diamandis declared. But is it for real? There was much of the same feeling back in the mid-1990s, when the rise of companies such as Iridium, Teledesic and Globalstar created visions of a satellite bonanza for launch-industry entrepreneurs – people such as Gary Hudson, who has been working for nearly 40 years to stir up a revolution in the launch industry. He recalled this week that it was “actually easy to convince people” to invest in space ventures back in 1969, when men first walked on the moon and Hudson began his own business quest. But in 1979, after Apollo’s end, “things had slipped around and it was really a hard sell.” Then, in 1989, in the midst of the space shuttle program, Hudson said there were heightened hopes that truly reusable, affordable rocket ships were just around the corner. But in 1999, the bottom dropped out of the satellite telecom business, Iridium went bust, and the visions for entrepreneurial spaceflight began to look like an illusion. “By 2009, it will become real,” Hudson predicted. “And it’s only taken 40 years.” Why is he so sure things will turn out differently this time? “There’s exactly one thing that’s different,” he said. “What that is, is that in the late ’90s all of us were having to scramble for funding. Today, the bulk of the progress is being made by individuals or businesses that are spending their own dollars.” As examples, he listed Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic, Elon Musk’s SpaceX, Robert Bigelow’s Bigelow Aerospace and Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin. “As long as they’re persistent, there’s little likelihood that setbacks or market twists and turns are going to dissuade these people, who have committed not only their fortunes, but also their egos, to this business continuing.” March’s unsuccessful maiden launch of SpaceX’s Falcon 1 illustrates the point, he said. “It’s not uncommon to lose two or three vehicles, or have less than optimal performance when you strike out and do something that’s new,” Hudson said. “I expect setbacks, but the real difference is that there are no investors to be deterred. “Investors are easily spooked,” he observed. “Zealots – and I mean that in the good sense – are not.” To be sure, the fact that high-profile billionaires and millionaires are spending their own money on space ventures also boosts the courage of angel investors, venture capitalists and government program managers who have less of a taste for adventure. “A rising tide lifts all boats,” Hudson said. You could argue that Hudson is riding one of those boats. He’s currently the chief executive officer (and founder) of Air Launch, which is working on the Pentagon-funded Falcon project to develop a new breed of low-cost launch vehicles. Hudson said Air Launch’s QuickReach booster could have its first flight in late 2008, depending on the funding schedule. That’s just about the time that Virgin Galactic, Rocketplane Kistler and other suborbital spaceflight ventures might be getting off the ground. NASA’s $500 million Commercial Orbital Transportation Services program, which aims to encourage the development of new spaceships to service the international space station in the 2010 time frame, provides another example of how things have changed in the past two years, Hudson said. Transformational Space, a consortium that includes Air Launch, lost out in its bid for COTS funding – but Hudson said he was hopeful there would be more opportunities coming up. “The groundwork has been laid for so many years,” he said. “It’s just starting to bear fruit.” Back in 1999, Hudson bemoaned the fact that capital was being drawn away from space ventures to be put into seemingly cool dot-coms like pet-supply Web sites. This time around, he doesn’t expect the personal spaceflight revolution to lose the spotlight. And the fact that rocket science is glamorous again could well be counted as yet another legacy of the X Prize race. “There’s no other enterprise out there right now that has the coolness factor of what we’re doing, that’s for sure,” Hudson said. […]

Pingback by Cosmic Log : The X Prize's second stage — October 4, 2006 @ 7:17 am

I am very proud of you. Since God is listening to you please ask God for Peace. Dallas, TX

Comment by navideh — October 12, 2006 @ 2:34 am