September 28, 2006

N8MS Ham Radio Contact

Filed under: Ham Radio,Space Explorer — by X PRIZE @ 4:04 am

To: Anousheh FanMail
Subject: ham radio recording–N8MS

Good evening Anousheh!

I have attached a copy of our ham radio conversation from Thursday; I thought you might enjoy it. As you will hear, it only has your side of the contact because I did not have time to set up a radio to record both parts of the conversation.

Thanks again for making Science become so real for my kids! It was quite an inspiration! Because of our conversation, I have one young lady that proclaims she will be the second woman civilian aboard the ISS, and I have no doubt that she will make it!

Have a safe return tomorrow. You will be in my thoughts!

Matt Severin, N8MS
Coloma Junior High School
Coloma MI

1. Merveilleuse Annousheh !

“Offrons le globe aux enfants…” a écrit le poète,

aujourd’hui, j’ai envie de dire :

“Offrons le globe à Annousheh…”,

Je suis sûr qu’il sera en bonne main.

A bientôt

Petit Pierre

Comment by Petit Pierre — September 28, 2006 @ 5:08 am

2. سلام انوشه عزیز ما همگی امیدواریم که در سفرت موفق باشی و فردا موفق به زمین برگردی ما ایرانیان به شما افتخار می کنیم و باورتان نمی شود تمام سایتها رو می چرخم و تمام مطالبی که در مورد شماست رو با دقت می خونم امیدوارم همیشه موفق باشی و ایران عزیز همیشه سربلند
    الهام از ایران

Comment by elham — September 28, 2006 @ 9:06 am

I Very Very Very Very Happy For You.I Happy Hear Your Voice From
    ISS.You In My Heart For Ever.I Hope Can See You And This Is My
    Dream.
    اوشه عزیز
    امیدوارم سراسر زندگی ات از شادی و محبت به همراه خوانواده ات باشد.تا ابد در قلب من می مانی.به امید فردایی بهتر از این.
    Javad Abbasi
    Shiraz-Iran
    [received]

Comment by Javad Abbasi — September 28, 2006 @ 12:07 pm

4. Matt,
    Great you could work Anousheh on ISS. She has been wondeful to give of her time to talk to kids using the amateur radio.

73,
    Kenneth – N5VHO

Comment by N5VHO — September 28, 2006 @ 1:52 pm

5. salam anushe ye azizi, banuye shoja va dus dashtani
    nemidanam alan ke daram in kalamat ra minevisam dar che hali hasty vali faghat midanam ke be yari khodavand ke to ra nazdiktar az ma be khod mibinad farda be salamat be zamin khahi neshast…besyar khoshhalam va hamin alan be sohbathayat rooye site goosh mikardam,
    afarin be to va be hameye zanane irani.
    banuye fadakare eslam.hazrate fateme zahra poshtibane to bashad.
    be omide ruzi ke betavanam az nazdik bebinamat
    seyed soheil khademi

Comment by seyed soheil khademi — September 28, 2006 @ 8:08 pm

6. salam anusheye aziz
    iran be to eftekhar mikonad
    shanbe saat 5:07 daghighe sobh dashtam be to negah mikardam
    eyne ye nure ziba miderakhshidi
    khoda negahdare to bashad
    soheil

Comment by seyed soheil khademi — September 28, 2006 @ 8:14 pm

7. Have a good jorney at the Space & 73!

Comment by 4Z5LZ — September 28, 2006 @ 10:25 pm

8. salam
    midonam ke khoobi! va ehsas e khoobi dari. chon ke be arezoot residi, shirini be arezoo residan ro nemishe bayan kard vali mishe hesesh kard chon shayad ma adam hadaghal ye bar tajrobash kardim.
    man ham az inke to baes shodi ke name iran ye bar dige to donia tanin andaz beshe manam Happyam, to vase iran Etebar ziady kasb kardi bashe ke ma betoonim in Etebar o Save konim.
    omidvaram Az Livet Happy Bashi.
    AmirHossein.
    Ciao.

Comment by AmirHossein HashemZadeh — September 28, 2006 @ 11:48 pm

9. YAY! someone else from usa (i see there have been a few)!!!!!
    and it was taken TO SCHOOL!!!!!!!
    so maybe there were others in the USA that placed you on their agendas for the week……
    do schools have access to nasatv?
    i will be looking for a book from you to make up for the national silence!

Comment by mieyasha — September 29, 2006 @ 12:21 pm

10. salam Anousheh khanom

ma behet tabrik mighim ke be in movafaghiyate bozorg nesbate be arezoye dorane kodakiye khodet residi.
    mikhastim age momkene addresse emaile shakhsiye khudetono dashte bashim.baramon kheili moheme.inam Emaile ma:babak_jefri@yahoo.de
    kheili khoshal mishim javabetono bebinam. manon az in ke vaghtetono bara khondane in ekhtesas dadin.

ba arezoye mofaghiyathaye behtar az in

man va…

Comment by salam (Very urgent) — September 30, 2006 @ 7:44 am

11. با سلام و آرزوي موفقيت روز افزون براي شما اميدوارم كه در زندگي هميشه سر بلند باشيد واز اينكه نام ايران را با خود به دوش كشيديد به شما افتخار ميكنيم.

Comment by خالد — October 1, 2006 @ 9:31 am

12. Anousheh hi there. Do you have the full audio both sides of the QSO with N8MS? N8MS is looking for some Audio. Also Maybe you could send them a QSL Card from the ISS. I am also In Michigan . That was a great QSO though. Good to see the kids being happy.

Sean

Comment by Sean K8KHZ — October 3, 2006 @ 2:00 pm

13. I’m glad to see that everyone made it down safely. I watched NASA TV from about 5pm EDT until touch down when you returned.

As you know, I spoke to you [Anousheh] a second time on Wednesday at 1530 UTC (+- a few minutes), and you answered a bunch of questions that I asked. My computer at home crashed, so I wasn’t able to record the conversation. If you ever get a copy of the audio, will you please send a copy to me? I’d love to have it for my records, and I’d love to be able to share it with my kids this year, and future classes.

Thanks! You are an inspiration to us all!

Matt, N8MS

Comment by Matt — October 17, 2006 @ 2:13 pm

Congradulations. Amazing.

I loved your videos from the space station. They really personalized the reality of living in outer space.

Did you have any spiritual experiences on your journey off-planet?

Sincerely yours,