September 28, 2006

Separation confirmed

Filed under: Space Explorer — by X PRIZE @ 10:09 pm

Undocking occurred on schedule at 4:53 p.m. Central Time. Landing scheduled in three hours, at 8:13 Central Time, just before daybreak in Kazakhstan.

Moscow Mission Control: Good back out

Anousheh: Bye Misha. Bye Mike. Bye Thomas.

1. Dear Anousheh (and you have become “dear” to many of us who you don’t even know, but we know you, or at least the part of you that you have shared with us.)

Thank you, thank you, thank you for allowing me and us the blessing / privilege of sharing this experience with you.

I have been a space junky/enthusiast for many years and have truly enjoyed reading/sharing/experiencing (by proxy through you) your experience. I love that you are sharing your emotional experience as well as that makes you even more dear to us. I would have had tears in my eyes many times if I were up there and I would have a lump in my throat when it was time to leave. I would not blame you if you did try to stow away🙂 but I know that your journey will not end with this trip and will continue to bring hope, wonder, and happiness to many as they are inspired to pursue their dreams, through hard work and dedication, “like dear Anousheh did/does”.

I love that you, like many of us, dreamed about going into space when you were young. I marvel when I read about Peter’s dream to make access into space available for many and how he searched for someone to share/sponsor his enthusiasm and was turned away so many times. Isn’t it amazing that he stumbled upon the article where you mentioned that your dream was to make a sub-orbital space flight? He contacted you and your husband, and now you have well surpassed that dream. How many orbits have you made now (I think about 16 per day)? Isn’t that awesome!!

I was touched as I watched you on NASA TV and saw you mouth the words “I love you” through the glass after your suit pressure check to your husband, sister and other family members. I can imagine how your husband feels, happy for you, nervous that you will be ok. Oh, I bet he will be soooo happy to get you back safe and sound.

I have truly enjoyed watching the video clips and your great big smile. Many of us imagine how it must be for you and we imagine we are in your place as you share your experience with us (skipping the makeup and lip gloss myself – I wonder where that lip gloss will turn up?). But we probably don’t imagine all the ironing & cooking chores🙂.

I now wonder what space smells like. I didn’t even know it had a distinct smell. I knew that moon dust had a smell but now I can wonder about what space smells like too!! I have imagined washing hair with a bubble of water around my head. I can imagine the beauty of the world from above, how peaceful it must seem and how we need to work harder to make it peaceful here too, etc. etc. And I will imagine what the decent back to earth is like once you share that with us. The point that I am trying to make is this – by your allowing us to share your experience it has helped us to see better, imagine more and open the door to all the possibilities that can be if we make them happen.

One of my favorite quotes is from a newspaper columnist Jenklin Lloyd Jones who said [paraphrased] that life is like an old time rail journey, it is filled with delays, sidetracks, dust, jolts, smoke, cinders, interspersed occasionally with beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to be thankful for the ride. [end paraphrase]

So thanks again for sharing your “beautiful vista and thrilling burst of speed” with me and us and allowing us to share your experience and walk in your shoes [or Eskimo lamb skin boots as the case may be🙂 ].

I will be watching your return tonight and wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Comment by Brent — September 28, 2006 @ 10:10 pm

2. به زمین خوش آمدی
    همه ما به شما افتخار می کنیم.
    امیدوارم همیشه در زندگی پیشرو و موفق و صد البته خوشبخت باشی

Comment by Ali — September 28, 2006 @ 10:20 pm

3. hello mrs ansari have nice trip , safe return , we really
    pray for you and never forget you. GOD BLESS YOU
    your sincerely abdolmanaf azizian

Comment by abdolmanaf — September 28, 2006 @ 10:26 pm

4. سلام.من از ایران از آغاز سفرتون بیگیر سفرتون بودم.خوشحالم که موفق بودید و برای بازگشتتون دعا می کنم.

Comment by Hamid — September 28, 2006 @ 10:29 pm

5. Hi Anousheh from Geoff Weston down here in Dunedin New Zealand.

Another sighting of you last night for some impressed wine students. They realy are amazed at this sight of the Space Station. I have just watched the seperation of the Soyuz from the ISS. And are ready for the de-orbit burn, re-entry, parachutes and landing, and seeing you on mother earth. Just watched you talking which was great. It has all been a wonderful experience for a space nut like me. Will you get astronaut wings…say special astronaut designed emblem, after all you are now an astronaut- cosmonaut.

Geoff.

Comment by Geoff Weston — September 28, 2006 @ 10:36 pm

I watched your undocking completely and I will be awake to pray for you and the expedition 13 till you land safe.God bless you at this Ramadan and wish for you a life full of success.Here in Tehran every family talks about you and your trip.We all hope someday meet you here in tehran.We will welcome you as a hero,and realy you are a hero for us.
    Best regards, Mehran from Iran,Tehran

Comment by mehran azodi — September 28, 2006 @ 10:42 pm

7. salam Anousheh jan
    انوشه جان امید وارم به سلامتی به زمین برگردی من امشب بیدارم و از تلویزیون ناسا تمام اخبار برگشت شما رو دنبال میکنم در این مدت که شما را میشناسم (کمتر از دوماه )مخصوصا در این 10 روزاخبار شما رو مانند یکی از عزیز ترین افراد خانواده ام دنبال میکنم .
    در این مدت کم انچنان تاثیری اهداف شما و دید شما نسبت به این دنیا در من گذاشه که عکس شما را و بیشتر پست های شما را هر روز چند بار میبینم, میخوانم و به گفته های شما فکر میکنم.
    به امید دیدار شما در فضا در اولین ایستگاه بین الملی خصوصی
    (PSS Anousheh )

Comment by behroz — September 28, 2006 @ 10:42 pm

8. We watched it here and are waiting for the re-runs — We’re waiting to greet you as a hero in Santa Monica, just like everywhere else in the World!

Comment by X PRIZE — September 28, 2006 @ 11:06 pm

As an Iranian I feel pride,I hope you have a pleasant trip and return safely.

Warm Regards
    Payam

Comment by Payam — September 28, 2006 @ 11:38 pm

10. Welcome to earth, as previously explained. i have created a blog on the british web site of the most popuous tv show in the uk big brother.
    On behalf of the thousands of wellwishers of bbot i say BRILLIANT and welcome home as we all watch live tv

Ged
    Manchester
    uk

Comment by ged — September 29, 2006 @ 12:15 am

11. Hi, Anousheh…

What you have given the world is incomparable in human history. As you are preparing to deorbit, I feel i should try to give you a tiny something in return. You have given me and countless others boundless inspirational moments in your flight. So here is an ancient Native American poem from the Muska Koo tribe… i hope it gives you a moment of… well, something… : ) …

All the warm nights

Sleep in moonlight

Keep letting it

Go into you

Do this

All your life

Do this

The moon will think

You are

The moon

….

As i hit the enter/submit button your deorbit burn has just begun…

…we anxiously await your safe return to Earth…

…here you go… !

we love you, Anousheh!

leyman

Comment by leyman — September 29, 2006 @ 12:26 am

12. Happy landings Anousheh! It must be a brilliant ride down to earth in that capsule.
    It’s amazing to think that the X-prize initiatives could soon replace Soyuz with SpaceElevator – imagine how much that’ll ‘open-up’ space to earth-bound folk: you’ll get people wanting to do the Joe Kittenger run, only from higher up! Someone’s sure to build Hotel Ansari, orbiting the earth several times per day. I can’t wait to see what the space ambassadors encourage in today’s up-and-coming space entrepreneurs. This emerging period of human endeavour is truly the most remarkable, don’t you think? Thank goodness for the X prizes and all those who sponsor them.

By the way, do you reckon that a ride in SpaceShip2 will compare to what you’ve just experienced in orbit?😉

Comment by Charles Vulliamy — September 29, 2006 @ 12:54 am