October 9, 2006

Back in the World

Hi everyone…

I’m back safe and sound in the US and taking care of some personal family medical issues. I have been reading your comments and I wanted to thank you for all your words of support and encouragement. I am not upset about negative comments and I can take criticism. My lack of writing in the past few days has nothing to do with the negative comments but more to do with personal family commitments. As you may have gathered from my writings, my family is everything to me and I need to make sure they are happy. I would not be here without their help and support. Now it’s my turn to take care of a few things🙂

I am happy to see that we can have constructive disagreement and discussion on the site… If everyone thought the same way, this would be a very boring world to live in. I have a few more stories to share with everyone, about my time in Quarantine and some of my pre-flight training activities.

After that, we shall see what happens😉

Warm wishes to all…
Anousheh

1. Hello My dear!!!
    It is so good to heard from you again, so full of energy and good vibe….It is so good to have you back!!!!

Your family must be static, excited with all the story you have to share. We want you well, so we are glad you have time to spend with them and also remember about us….your extended family….lol

We are going to be here waiting for you to tell US all the wonderful experiences, also I modestly think you open a huge door so secret, so selected only for a few “lucky” ones…the astronauts and cosmonauts only knows what is happening in the pre-flight, during the flight and after come back home….you are making everything so real and reachable….I know in my heart you planted the seed of curiosity in so so many kids around the world, that until now see the sky as a big space, unreachable and misterious….now it is REACHABLE, still misterious(that is the beauty on it) but REACHABLE…..so for the future generations, Thank you so much for doing this…..
    Many blessing to you and your family and continue the good work!!! we need many many woman like you!!!
    God bless you always…Love Karina

Comment by karina Kropilnicki — October 9, 2006 @ 10:52 pm

2. Hey Anousheh

Glad to have you back:)

Comment by homeyra — October 9, 2006 @ 11:01 pm

3. Very glad to see that you gonna continue your weblog.
    With all the best for you and your family,
    //Shahram

Comment by Shahram — October 9, 2006 @ 11:18 pm

4. The Space Cynics would like to be the first to say:

“Welcome back Anousheh!”

We hope you are accomodating well to the return of gravity and wish you the best on your next endeavor.

Comment by Shubber Ali — October 9, 2006 @ 11:26 pm

5. thank you to upgrade iranian position in the world

Comment by mehdi — October 10, 2006 @ 12:19 am

Great to hear from you again. Welcome back to USA. Can’t waitfor more stories from you. We just can’t thank you enough for all the experiences you’ve shared with us. More powe to you and your company. God bless to you and your husband.

Comment by ngtcalifornia — October 10, 2006 @ 12:37 am

7. hoping you will write a book about your adventure, thank you for blogging, best wishes Ben

Comment by b e pulver — October 10, 2006 @ 12:37 am

8. با سلام
    حالتون خوبه
    صبحتون بخیر.
    یه حرفایی این ور آب درمورد شما میگن.
    حرفایی بی معنی.
    سعی دارن شما رو از قلبا به زور بیارن بیرون.
    مواظب باشین
    یه سری هم به ما بزنین

Comment by جاهد ملک زاده — October 10, 2006 @ 12:46 am

9. Greetings, Anousheh:

First of all, thank you for paying my fellow Russians a lot of money for your flight. It certainly helps the space program over there.

Also, thank you for the blog, it’s been very interesting to read it.

All the best!

Comment by Russian in Vancouver — October 10, 2006 @ 12:47 am

10. Hi, I thought I’d let you know that in my technology class for school, I’m writing an essay about you! I find everything that you’ve done so interesting. that you for inspiring me:-)

Comment by Briana — October 10, 2006 @ 1:39 am

11. Take your time, we’ll be here.

Comment by Dave Hromanik — October 10, 2006 @ 1:46 am

12. Anousheh Joon,

Welcome back! I am very glad to hear that you are back home safely to spend some quality time with your family and hope that the medical issues you have mentioned are nothing serious. I haven’t written for a few days but have been reading your blogs on a regular basis. It has become an addiction! Please don’t stop! You have a real gift for transferring your thoughts into words. It all seems to flow so naturally and you seem very normal and down to earth and I find that to be one of your most impressive attributes. Despite your wealth and fame you seem to have stayed so “khaki” and I am sure a lot of it has to do with your family and your upbringing. I guess all of us Mashhadis are great like that!🙂 Your family must be an amazingly cool one though to be supportive of you going up to space. I can see mine supporting my dreams but not quite to that extent! There is one question that has been on my mind for a while and you might choose to keep that information private which is very understandable. I was curious to find out wether you have children and if so how you dealth with the slight possibility of something going wrong with your mission and choosing to go anyway? Come to think of it we are probably not much safer just driving around everyday! There is a million other questions that I would love to ask you as I am sure so many others would also. I know you need a period of R&R but I was wondering if you have any plans to visit California. I would love the opportunity to meet you in person.

Enjoy your time with your family and please keep on blogging.

Best Regards,
    Negin

Comment by Negin Mohammadzadeh — October 10, 2006 @ 2:08 am

13. Hi:

I was telling my four year old son about how you brush in the space and how to take a shower. He was fascinated about it but then when I told him that in space you cannot spit after brushing because it does not do down in the sink, he thought about his air pump (to pump his bicycle wheels) and said why can’t we take a air pump and push it down hard over the spit so that the spit can go down the drain.

So, when you take an air pump into the space (or for that matter any container with air in it), what happens to that air when you release it (or pump it out) in the space. I guess I dont understand the effects of lack of gravity on air. Can you please answer my son’s question. Thank you

-Sri

Comment by Sri Vedula — October 10, 2006 @ 2:15 am

14. Welcome back Anousheh!
    I m for sure will come back here again to read your other interesting story. Thanks for sharing us ya!🙂

Comment by jesslyn — October 10, 2006 @ 2:32 am

Take all the time you need to get back to Earth. If you switch to another format of BLOG………….please let ME know.

Comment by James Dunn — October 10, 2006 @ 2:45 am

16. Congratulations on a safe and successful trip. I really appreciate your near real-time blog of your adventure, as it has given so many of us a much more personal inside view of a trip into space today, than most any of the crisp tech view always presented by NASA.

Your feelings, both physical and emotional, have helped personalized a journey that today is still in the realm of Amundsen and Scott.(Now I KNOW why astronauts and cosmonauts spend so much time in centrifuges! …Epcot’s Mission to Mars was my limit!🙂

As we prepare for a trip halfway around the World to see places in a way that James Cook and his men would never of dreamed possible, I know that our children will soon be following your steps. …and wonder “how could you, like, -stand- being inside that little-bitty capsule for hours and hours!”

Jan & Russ

Comment by Jan and Russell — October 10, 2006 @ 2:52 am

رسیدنتون یخیر
    هنوز هم دیر نیست اگه تبریک بگم و اظهار خوشحالی کنم از به سلامت برگشتنتون
    سلامتی و شادی را برای شما و خانوادتون ارزو می کنم

Comment by ng hvhl — October 10, 2006 @ 3:03 am

18. hi

nice to have you back and it will be difficult to match the exictement with normal life back on earth.

take care

yahya
    lake jackson

Comment by yahya — October 10, 2006 @ 3:15 am

19. Dear Anousheh! I love yours blog, you write beautifully. When I read your words I forget that shows the TV – war, a dirt, blood. I so would want that people became better from your diary. I became already better. Thanks.
    Youlia. Russia. Kemerovo (Siberia)

Comment by babamarta — October 10, 2006 @ 3:48 am

20. Hi Mrs. Ansari;

Nice to see you back, waiting for your next stories, hoping the best for you and your family. By the way: How much did you loose weight till now😉😀🙂 I’m sure the chirpy bird inside you can not carry this bear anymore and wishes to fly soonest…..

Take care, and with my warmest salutions to your family too;

Yours, Farhad from Iran (a place in the United World)

Comment by Farhad — October 10, 2006 @ 3:48 am

21. You are wonderful. When is your next trip to space?

Comment by Reza — October 10, 2006 @ 3:50 am

22. Dear Anousheh: Congratulations on a Mystical – Magical Journey. I have followed you Epic Journey From The Beginning and have been a Space Exploration Enthusiast for many Years. When you were whirling around the Earth perched atop your Castle in the Sky, Gilgamesh himself the Great God-King of Mesopotamia must have been looking down upon you, certainly Pleased by the Significance of This Accomplishment, as he must have looked down upon that Great City Ur from His Ziggurat. This all must have come from the Mind of God, that Divine Intelligience that stretches infinitely in all Directions. The anxiety you felt that morning was removed not by gazing at the Earth, but by the Divine Intelligience that surrounds the Earth. That alone was a Supernatural event. You are probably His Instrument, certainly just as Gilgamesh was. To what end precisely? That is still unknown. And as Dorothy was so far from Childhood’s home, trapped in Emerald City, peering through the crystal ball, she longed for home, so were you!, and you have returned safely. Continue this Journey. Perhaps one day you will be standing on the Moon gazing up at the Majestic Dream that is Planet Earth Hurtling through the Jet Black Lunar Firmament. Traveling through space is wonderful, but I believe the ultimate experience is to Transcend this Mortal Universe and Experience the Eternal, as Holy Men & Women have done through the ages. This is rare but such Visitations as I call them, no doubt have happened. Your Blog is a way to diffuse the Powerful Positive Energy that is running through you. You are not obligated to write all the time or even at all, though it allows we, who understand the Significance of this Journey to partake of it in some small way. May you have good fortune with your future Endeavors. STARQUEST!

Sincerely, Paul Christopher

Comment by Paul Christopher — October 10, 2006 @ 4:03 am

23. omidvaram salhaye sal voojoode nazanin va ba arzeshat avazeye namat bozorgiye roohat zinatgare mahfele dosdaranat bashad.gharghe ghoorooram.

Comment by shirin — October 10, 2006 @ 4:14 am

24. Dear Anousheh, our world needs more people like you to make it to the next century. I hope we find them before it is late!
    Welcome back and thanks for who you are and what you have done for us.
    Farid Bozorgmehr, Gaithersburg, Md.

Comment by Farid Bozorgmehr — October 10, 2006 @ 5:37 am

25. hi

I’m happy that you are safe and sound. Sorry, my English is not so good but I rather to write in English. I think going to space is a special experience. There is a strange world and I wish I can experience it. It is like a dream for me and hope that some day it comes true.
    I’m proud of your success.
    May I have your email address?

Comment by maria — October 10, 2006 @ 5:47 am

26. As I have said before, you have done a Great Thing!

But, as it is with all Great Adventures, there comes the time when it is over, and we have to come back down to earth🙂

Welcome back – and thank you for sharing so much of your experience with us . . .

tr

Comment by Tom Rycroft — October 10, 2006 @ 6:14 am

27. خوشحالم که اینطوری فکر میکنین و نظر مخالف 1عده باعث ناراحتیتون نمیشه.من امسال کنکور دارم,اما خوندن وبلاگ شما رو نه تنها از برنامم حذف نکردم,بلکه جزو اولین کارهایی هست که هروز انجام میدم.باعث میشه نا امید نشم و یادم بیاد هیچ چیز غیر ممکن نیست.(راستش کنکور تو ایران تبدیل به 1 غول شده)منتظر مطالب جالبتون هستم.

حسیبا

Comment by Hasiba — October 10, 2006 @ 6:23 am

28. You know …I think god loves you too much and helped you to reach your dream in 40 , so you must be special for him !
    please pray for me to achieve my dream 🙂

good luck ,

Comment by vahid — October 10, 2006 @ 6:57 am

29. Hello Anousheh,

Welcome back to the Metroplex🙂 Hope the situation at home is nothing serious, and you’ll have it resolved soon. As much as i’m looking forward to reading some more entries from you ( i’ve pretty much made your blog my homepage ) i’m sure your family is eager to spend some quality time with you, and they do take precedent, so i’ll be patient🙂 Again welcome home.

Muinde JK

Dallas TX

Comment by Muinde Kithome — October 10, 2006 @ 6:58 am

30. Hi,
    I’m glad to see you back. It shows your commitment to your family. Good to you.
    I am eager to know more about your family, your spouse, your sister and your brother in law. How is it going after that landmark? Put some nontechnical pictures in your website, if you don’t mind.
    Bye the way, making an slide show in your website was a good idea and the theme music is very nice. who is the composer?
    Fare well,
    Reza, MSc in Materials Engineering, Karaj, Iran

Comment by Reza Labbaf — October 10, 2006 @ 7:04 am

31. its nice to see your back. looking forward to more stories thanks

doosti

Comment by doost — October 10, 2006 @ 7:15 am

Welcome home, even though whilst reading through the BLOG and the CNN reports, I had learnt about your return to washington DC for the X-Prize…..Congrats.

Whilst i have followed your BLOG, I couldn’t post my comments as my own PC gave me problems and so I am late with my comments….many apologies.

As usual recovery will be slow but I am glad to hear that you are well .

“A Second Birth” wow…..the way you have explained to us, all your personal experiences justify, truly, the header. Thank you, Anousheh, for sharing your experiences with all of us about the space travel. I am glad, that through the BLOG you did tell the entire world.
    We never have got the human side of space travel……..every one talks about the view from “up here” but virtually all of them lack emotion – the human element. The way you have described it really gave us and I am sure for the other readers, a different perspective on it.
    I have mentioned earlier too, and I have seen other participants to your BLOG sharing similar views with your simple poetic writings and to be able to explain with such clarity the minute to minute experience you have undergone and which has made us so much wiser.
    I have read some rude and unwanted comments……hurting but let it not deter you and you have to give us no explanations
    What a precious thing it is for you to share with us, those you don’t even know, the intimate and spectacular events from your voyage to space and back.
    Your experience someday will make it possible for others to personally experience all that you have on this mission. But for the rest of us, it is a precious gift you have given us to share your emotions and physical reactions to this incredible journey.
    I now have to express my appreciation to all the Astronauts, Cosmonauts and the Mission controls who over the years have experienced so much more as I can now fathom what our astronauts are doing on their missions but your journal gives us a much more personal experience and for that I am very grateful.
    I cannot even imagine all that you went through just to prepare for this journey and hopefully someday you will share that and more in a book……and you have told us the truth about what how you felt.
    You did a great job telling your story from beginning to end.
    Thank you Anousheh, Hamid and Amir, the family and friends, and all those affiliated with the “journey” thank you for bloggin!

Best regards: Abhai
    from Delhi, India

Comment by Abhai Varma — October 10, 2006 @ 7:22 am

33. I can certainly agree no more about the agony and anxiety of the whole time ! . . but in just one segment I really feel our feet in the same shoes and that was during “the Ride Down” . . exquisit! . . . mysterious! . . and requiring a whole lot of Courage! . . You deserve a Medal!
    We put you in our Headlines . . . You Flew! . . an angel with her wings . . .

Comment by Bijan Fard — October 10, 2006 @ 7:34 am

34. عزيزم به كلبه خودت خوش آمدي

Comment by Hamed& Shima — October 10, 2006 @ 8:10 am

35. To all: Thank you for all your beautiful comments and your loyalty J I will try not to let you down…

4. Comment by Shubber Ali — October 9, 2006 @ 11:26 pm
    Hi Shubber Ali, WoW I’m surprised that you are still reading my comment. I’m more encouraged than ever to continue writing😉

12. Comment by Negin Mohammadzadeh — October 10, 2006 @ 2:08 am
    Dear Negin,
    I don’t have any children. It will be a more difficult choice to make knowing that by risking your life you may deprive a child of having a mother, if something goes wrong. I guess I was not strong enough to put myself in a position to have to choose.

13.Comment by Sri Vedula — October 10, 2006 @ 2:15 am
    Dear Sri, There is no drain because there is no sink. The sink works because you have running water that helps take things down a drain. In space Water is a valuable resource. Most things like the toilet in space uses air suction. So if you were thinking of an air pump to be used like an air suction to pull things down, it does work and it is used in the toilet system on ISS and in the Soyuz capsule.

20. Comment by Farhad — October 10, 2006 @ 3:48 am
    Dear Farhad, I loved your “United world” comment. I may start using it😉. I lost about 8 pounds which I’m rapidly gaining back since my mom and father in law are trying to make sure I eat everything that I missed in the past six months J

Comment by Anousheh — October 10, 2006 @ 8:21 am

از اینکه به سلامت رسیدی و مطلب جدیدی از تو خوندم خوشحالم
    تا بعد!

Comment by sadeq — October 10, 2006 @ 8:48 am

37. dear anoushe the day you left my heart was beating like mad. i am soooooooo happy you are safe and sound back in your family. you should know right now you are a member of almost all the iranian families on the face of the earth
    about negative comment, some people just talk. let them talk. they have never done a real thing in their lives but finding faults. no body listend to such trash
    love and take care

Comment by pullniro — October 10, 2006 @ 9:07 am

38. Hi Anousheh.

I am so happy you are back on soild ground.I know everyone is so happy to have you home after such a long time.I pray you
    Grandmother is doing better and she will be in my prays.Please
    give the family my best and give Babajoon a hug for me. Patricia

Comment by Patricia Vreeland — October 10, 2006 @ 9:10 am

It’s good to hear you again,I just wanted to say please do not care about negative comments.They think small because their world is too small. My wife and I really proud of you and waiting to see more success from your side again.You are our role model and I should say Hamid was also done a great job,I love my wife too and I can understand what he suffered while you where there.

Hamishe movafagh bashid.

Regards
    Faraz

Comment by Faraz — October 10, 2006 @ 9:16 am

40. How has the adventure influensed on you and your future space projects

Comment by Vadim — October 10, 2006 @ 9:20 am

41. سركار خانم انصاري
    سلام و رسيدن بخير
    بازگشت موفقيت آميز شما از سفر هيجان انگيز فضائي را از طرف خودم و همسرو دو دخترم تبريك گفته كسب موفقيت هاي بيشتر در زندگي وكار را براي شما و خانواده محترم از ايزد يكتا خواستارم خانم انصاري سوالي از خدمت شما دارم و خواهش ميكنم اگر فرصتي شد در وبلاگتان يا هر طريقي كه صلاح ميدانيد پاسخ دهيد.در ايستگاه بين المللي يا در مسير آن كه بوديدزمين را چگونه ديديد وبراي شما چه تجربه اي را باعث شد؟با تشكر مجدد
    ماشاالله خواجوي
    بندر ماهشهر – خوزستان
    10/10/2006

Comment by khajavi mashallah — October 10, 2006 @ 9:41 am

42. Hi, it’s nice to hear you’re doing well, I hope your everyone in your family is fine too. I also hope you’ll post the videos too of you trying to wash your hair in space and one wherein you were doing a spinning exercise and you said you were singing “My Favorite Things.”😉

Comment by Ann — October 10, 2006 @ 9:54 am

43. Anousheh Joon,
    Halet chetore??
    Hameye ma az inke salamat hasti khosh halim
    Kheyli ghashange ke to ham comment mezari va javabe bacheharoo midi
    Hamisheh movafagh bashi
    Fatemeh

Comment by fatemeh — October 10, 2006 @ 10:00 am

44. خدا زیباست و زیبائی را دوست دارد0خوشحالم که به رویاهاتون رسیدین

Comment by الهام کعبیان پور — October 10, 2006 @ 10:13 am

How are you doing? It’s so good to hear from you again! Sorry to hear about your family medical issues…I will keep you and your family in prayer.

Just a few questions please, when you have a chance:

How are you doing now that your back in our world? Are you adjusting okay?

I imagine you look at the sky a lot differently these days, would you describe your thoughts and feelings?

Your perspective of our world, how is it different now that your back home?

What have you learned in space, either from your experiences or tests, that could be useful on earth?

It is wonderful to be able to contribute positively to the people. So many people all over the world need our positive reinforcement. Nothing can give greater satisfaction than sharing our love. Thanks for not only including us but for setting a positive example for us.

I’ll be staying tuned to read more about “The Return From Dream World”. Thanks for continuing your story!

You’ve got a friend in West Chester, PA

Pat Freeman

Comment by screamin75 — October 10, 2006 @ 10:59 am

46. سلام ووقت بخير . من به عنوان يك ايراني به داشتن هموطناني همچون شما كه باعث سرافرازي و جاودانگي نام ايران زمين مي شويد افتخار ميكنم بهترين ارزوها تقديم شما
    ميزبان هر روز شمابا حافظ : سهيل

Comment by سهيل — October 10, 2006 @ 11:18 am

47. Dear Mrs. Ansari;

You can not imagine how delightful was to see your exclusive reply to my comment. As for the “United World”, feel free to use it! It still hos not been patented!😉 And as for your weight, I’m sure you’ll gain back very soon. How is your “heaviness” feeling? Is it gone thoroughly? Have you got back to normal condition (job & life)?

Again thank you for your patiency, feeling of commitment, and honesty. Hope to hear from you soonest….

Yours, Farhad from Iran (a place in your favorite location: the “United World”!😉 )

Comment by Farhad — October 10, 2006 @ 11:39 am

48. Hi Anousheh joonam,

Every morning when I come home from work the first thing i do before changing my cloths and getting in the shower is checking your blog to see if you have written anything new and few days went by and nothing and today 10/10/06 at 5 am i saw your new letter. It made me happy to know you didn’t forget about us. You know we realy love you, your courage, and your stories and i love to know so much more about space from you because you are so descriptive. I hope your family is fine and to hear more from you. God bless you and your family.

love
    ~yana

p.s. did you ever panic up there?

Comment by yana — October 10, 2006 @ 12:06 pm

49. All,

For those who have seen the Earth from space, and for the hundreds and perhaps thousands more who will, the experience most certainly changes your perspective. The things that we share in our world are far more valuable than those which divide us.
    – Donald Williams

Donald Williams was an American astronaut who was born on February 13, 1942, in Indiana. Before he became an astronaut, Williams was a Air Force pilot. He has logged over 6000 hours of flight time.

Williams became an astronaut in 1978. He has spent over 288 hours in space on two spaceflights.

In 1985, Williams flew aboard Mission 51-D. The crew repaired a satellite during this mission. In 1989, Williams commanded STS-34. The Galileo spacecraft was deployed during this mission. Galileo went on to explore Jupiter.

Williams retired from NASA in 1990.

“The things that we share in our world are far more valuable than those which divide us”.

Thanks again for sharing Anousheh!

Pat Freeman
    West Chester, PA

Comment by screamin75 — October 10, 2006 @ 12:51 pm

50. you write very well, and I compliment you on your candor and honesty: two qualities which are all too rare these days. KUDOS and please keep me posted on future blogs! dream on.

Comment by monica — October 10, 2006 @ 1:02 pm

It’s nice you are back again to this virtual world🙂

Take care

Comment by Nazila — October 10, 2006 @ 1:04 pm

52. Dear Anoosheh,
    I hope you read this:
    I just read on radiojavan’s website that “The X PRIZE Foundation, co-founded by Anousheh Ansaari and famous for granting multi-million dollar research prizes, has offered the $10 million Archon X PRIZE for Genomics to create technology that can successfully map 100 human genomes in 10 days.”
    I must thank you from the bottom of my heart for your role in this ; As a parent of a child with Autism, i know what this could mean to many families with various disorders and not just Autism.
    This could a beginning towards a breakthrough for many genetically based disorders.I truly hope that you possibly would also consider promoting research on Autism specifically as well?

Anyway, this was great news!

Comment by Sepideh — October 10, 2006 @ 2:11 pm

53. Hello dear Anousheh
    i was with u from last news about u and ur trip.It was so great for me to know that Iranian women could do any thing which they want,if they realy believed on their talents.I read all ur words
    and i felt u and all ur feelings and it made me so happy.I read
    all comments also which were hard and heavy…both…
    when u came back,i cried with happiness…not only coz of ur return…coz of ur beliefs and ur confidence…
    I would like to be who wants to read ur site and ur words every
    day…and feel u so close…
    Movafagh Bashie…
    With best regards,
    Ladan
    Austria

Comment by Ladan — October 10, 2006 @ 2:19 pm

54. Anooshe jon salaam

Let me come and kiss your parents hands and give them lots of hugs.Believe or not your success is basically is on the roof of their great decision to bring you to US.

khoda hefzeshoon kone (God Bless them ) !

and You are Brave ! I can’t still imagine this much readiness! teach me some.

Comment by Kamyar — October 10, 2006 @ 4:17 pm

55. gud 2 have u back u made all the muslim women proud
    good going anousheh n yes gud luck too

Comment by shumail rizvi — October 10, 2006 @ 5:29 pm

56. Hello Anousheh

I’m glad you are going to continue your blog and tell us some more stories about your time at Baikonur, before the flight. Like many others here, I’ve enjoyed reading your beautiful and very personal account of your great adventure.

I notice too that today you’ve joined the comments board and answered a few specific questions, so I hope you might answer one for me.

The launch always looks like the most spectacular and dangerous part of any spaceflight.

You’ve given your account of the launch and have said that you surprised yourself by feeling so calm during the preparations. But what did it feel like during the last moments before ignition ? I know Greg Olsen said his pulse peaked at only 60. Do you know what your’s did, and did it go up or down, once the ascent proper began ?

Thank you for sharing so much with so many of us

Warmest best wishes

Kerry

Comment by Kerry Hollis — October 10, 2006 @ 6:02 pm

57. انوشه عزیز سلام.
    خوشحالم که سفرت با موفقیت و سلامتی به پایان رسید و بهت تبریک میگم بابت رسیدن به آرزوی همیشگیت . بارها و بارها به وبلاگت سر زدم و مطالبت رو خوندم و حالا با اجازه ت مطلبی درموردت نوشتم و آدرس وبلاگت رو در وبلاگم گذاشتم .
    سپاس که دلیل سرفرازی ایران و ایرانی شدی .
    با آرزوی بهترینها

Comment by Darya — October 10, 2006 @ 6:03 pm

So delighted to “see” you again.Every single word of you energizes us and makes us hopeful about life and wishes.

I’m also very pleased hearing you are healthy and happy besides your lovely family:Hamid,Amir,Atousa and your esteemed mother.
    Hope you all have very happy times now and forever.

We are impatiently awaiting here for your next blog posts.

By the way,you wrote:
    [If everyone thought the same way, this would be a very boring world to live in.]
    That’s right,Anousheh,although I did my best to cast this viewpoint,but now that many ears are focusing on your mouth,I think your words can have ultimate penetration.
    Meanwhile this shows the greatness of your soul,too.

Kamran Derakhshani
    Tehran

Comment by Kamran Derakhshani — October 10, 2006 @ 6:45 pm

59. Hi Anousheh! I’m just yet another person who’s been following your saga from the beginning. I never imagined you’d take the time to read all the comments here, but then you’ve managed to put a personal spin on your adventure that I never expected, either. I’m glad you’re not letting the negativity get you down. You’re an inspiration to many people, and you’ve made us all feel connected to you and your trip in a way I wouldn’t have thought possible. Thank you so much for opening a window into your life and letting us all share in your experiences.

Comment by Mike — October 10, 2006 @ 8:08 pm

60. HI MRS ANOUSHEH
    MAN BE VOJODE SHOMA EFTEKHAR MIKONAM
    SHOMA BAESE EFTEKHARE MA IRANIHA HASTID
    NEMIKHAM KHILI HARF BEZANAM AMA VOJODE SHOMA VA AMALKARDE ZENDEGITOON BARAYE MAN BE YE OLGOO TABDIL SHODEH
    SALI KE SHOMA AZ IRAN BE AMRICA RAFTID SALI BOOD KE MAN BE DONYA AMADAM VA MAN INO BE FALE NIK GEREFTAM
    AMALE SHOMA VASE RESIDAN BE AREZOHATOON VA TALASH BARAYE ANHA BARAYE MAN HADAF SAKHT VA YE OLGOYE KHOB
    ANOSHEH VA ANOSHEHA BARAYE MAN HAMISHEH OLGOO KHAHAD MAND
    AREZOYE MAN INEH KE VAGHTI DARSAMO KHONDAM VA TAMAM KARDAM TO UN KAR KONAM JAEE KE MARZ MANA NADEH VA BE HOGHOGHE ENSANHA EHTERAME BISHTARI MIGZARAND
    BARAYE SHOMA VA KHANEVADATON AREZOYE KHOSHBAKHTI MIKONAM
    OMIDVARAM SHADO PIROOZ BASHID VA HAR ROOZ SHAHDE MOVAFAGHIATHAYE BISHTARE SHOMA BASHIM
    ALIREZA

Comment by ALIREZA — October 10, 2006 @ 8:32 pm

61. Hi Anousheh, from Geoff Weston in Dunedin New Zealand.

Yes, it’s me yet again…but for me space flight does not fade away. And your’s is certainly going to be a bright highlight for a long time. Everything about your space flight is very interesting. I look forward to whatever articles you can file. These will be added to all the rest, and be part of my small book on this great experience. It was so good looking up at the space station flying over head and ‘knowing someone on board’. Quite a unique and spiritual feeling. I was able to inpsire quite a few people with my printout of your articles, so just having this connection has paid dividends. But also being able to show various people your photos on the computer was stunning. It is now time for me to think ahead to the next Shuttle launch, and also keep an eye on the developments of Spaceship 2. Will you be able to come to our University and further inspire us with what I know would be a fantastic talk.
    Can’t wait for the quarantine article. And maybe, if you have got time, how you are able to go back to life again after all this hard work and excitement.

Cheers- Geoff

Comment by Geoff Weston — October 10, 2006 @ 9:33 pm

My club will like to bring you to our university.So, I have sent an email to the people at the Xprize but no one has replied.

How should we contact you for the speaking engagement?Any website that one can go to?

That’s that.Have a great time with your family and have a great Ramadan.

Comment by Nasir Ismail — October 10, 2006 @ 10:33 pm

63. I wonder how I can contact you? I couldn’t find your email address anywhere online.

Thanks,
    Aanhita

Comment by Anahita — October 10, 2006 @ 11:21 pm

64. AOA Dear Anousheh
    After reading all of your fantastic writings, my mind is stuck on “Diamond dust on black velvet”. I can’t get that out of my head. The excitement I got from all of your description was overwhelming. It felt so real like I’ve been there; I know how cold that window was while watching the world go by🙂. Would love to see images of that view and the velvet.

Lots of prayers and love from Manchester (U.K)

Rauf Niaz
    p.s. I am sure GOD would be only few more kilometres away from that place.:)

Comment by Rauf Niaz — October 10, 2006 @ 11:27 pm

I am sure that everybody must have noticed by now that whenever you talk about your family you just mention your mom and your father in law. What about your father? Is he still alive? He must be very proud of you.
    Reza

Comment by Reza — October 11, 2006 @ 2:59 am

66. I like so much to read about your adventure, your words give inspiration!

Comment by Rod - The panorama Internacional — October 11, 2006 @ 3:41 am

67. hi Anousheh,
    I have been trying to send you and email or comment or just anything but I could not find any of them online, I finally found this website so I’m extremely happy right now! I am very inspired by you because just like you, I’m an Iranian girl and my biggest dream is to travel to space someday! I know you get so many comments everyday so I’m hoping and praying that my comment is one of the ones that you read. I have so many questions that hopefully I’ll get my answers to by reading your space Blog!
    God Bless you!
    Farnaz

Comment by Farnaz — October 11, 2006 @ 5:53 am

I have heard that you are Azerbaijani origin by birth. The Russian TV said so (Azerbaijani-American) If it’s true, then it is just great. Over here in Republic of Azerbaijan we have supported you from the very first day. Azeris are proud of you Anousheh!!

Comment by Yalçin — October 11, 2006 @ 6:55 am

69. salam khoshhalim ke salem bargashtin . be shoma eftekhar mikonim.

Comment by saeed & ali abootalebi — October 11, 2006 @ 7:36 am

70. Anousheh Jaan,
    I can’t stress how much you made all of us proud of what you did!
    As a 37 years old single woman who has been living in Southern California for over 23 years, have experienced variety of unexpected challenges towards our nation, Iran. In particularly in Southern California where the most wealthy but at the same time the “most” level of uneducated group of people reside among us. It’s so common for every one to be expose to certain unrespectable remarks, again due to lack of knowledge. As we know all those comments, mostly irrelevant and unrelated stereo typing towards our race, our religion (Muslim) will slowly be fazing away. We can’t tell you how grateful we are to have some one like you among us that can portray a good Iranian woman and educate the rest of us who can’t develop a sense of humanity. When we saw you in space shuttle, your proud sense of humanity and enthusiastic behavior and your approach towards your own background and race, made all of us, Iranian Muslims extremely proud.
    You truly a real human being. A real Iranian woman
    Good luck to you

Comment by SheilaD Irvine, California — October 11, 2006 @ 7:39 am

71. Hello!

We also want to inspire the youth in our public observatory. It is very important that very “normal” people like you can tell us here from your experience.
    Many people should experience spaceflight. You do a giant leap in the right direction.

Comment by Günter Kleinschuster — October 11, 2006 @ 8:32 am

72. انوشه جان
    از سلامتی و بازگشتت بسیار خورسندم ،امیدوارم همچنان روی وبلاک مطالبی از مشاهداتت برای جوانان بنویسی-کاهی در نوشتن تاخیر دارید، و باعث نگرانی من میشود- درود بر اراده خستگی ناپزیرت

هوشنگ از تبریز

Comment by Houshang Blourani — October 11, 2006 @ 9:11 am

73. Dearest Annosheh :
    I am iman from isfahan. At first I want to congratulate you for your safe came back from ISS , nobody can’t even imagine that how much interests you have had in your latest trip .
    Dearest Anosheh I have been gratuated in electronic engineering and my final goal is to work in NASA . But refering Iran’s situation and world’s sanctions against Iran it seems completely impossible. Now I have stablished my own company on Water treatment and desalination but even we can’t work with American companies. shame on us …..
    Please advise me that how can I validate my draem ?
    Looking forward to hear you soon .

Comment by iman vafaei — October 11, 2006 @ 10:17 am

74. سلام ووقت بخير مجدد راستش يك درخواستي ازتون داشتم من انگليسي ام زياد خوب نيست بنابراين از شما ميخواهم اگر براتون مقدور است چند مطلب به زبان فارسي نيز بنويسيد تا بتونيم از تجارب شما بطور كامل تر بهره مند شويم
    با تشكر از شما

Comment by سهيل — October 11, 2006 @ 10:53 am

75. I’m proud of you Anousheh!
    Dali from Tunisia

Comment by Dali from Tunisia — October 11, 2006 @ 2:10 pm

76. Dear Anousheh;
    I’m so glad that you are back safe and sound. Thank you for giving all of us hope by encouraging and inspiring Iranian/American and Iranian women all across the world the courage to dare to dream by sharing your story and your trip to space with us. We hope and pray to almighty god that your family’s medical issue be resolved soon. My sisters and I will keep you and your family in our daily prayers, and we wish you a speedy recovery so that we can have you here to share more of your life story with us. Even though we have our own life story to tell to the world and we have been on the Tyra Banks show already and we will be appearing on Oprah soon. Your story and your accomplishment has strengthened our spirits and given us so much encouragement and hope! May god bless you for igniting the burning fire of desire and achievement in our hearts again.
    Best wishes for you and your family;
    Eslami Sisters

Comment by Naseem Eslami — October 11, 2006 @ 3:15 pm

77. salam khanume ansarie aziz.
    bedunid ke agar har shab bloge shoma ro chek nakonam khabam nemibare.shoma baraye man sarcheshmehe omid hastid.man sokhane shoma ro tablo karadam va dar otagham nasb karadm( IMAGINE,BE THE CHANGE,INSPIRE).man ham 1 arezu haei daram ke kheili dust daram beheshun beresam.
    baram doaa konid ke beheshun beresam.
    ya ali,khoda hafeze shoma

Comment by M.Javad Mohiti — October 11, 2006 @ 3:15 pm

78. Hello Anousheh,

Congratulations! Your truly an inspiration. You have gone where many will never go, I cannot think of anyone willing to leave anything but praise for you that just shows how ignorant some people can be. But I would like to just say how Brave you are. I hope your experiences can inspire many more to do what you have done. God Bless you and your family. Looking foward to your next big adventure

Always,
    Marc

Comment by Marc C — October 11, 2006 @ 4:36 pm

79. Dear, Anousheh,

I am very happy for your entire experience, for you and your family!!! What an exciting event to pass on to your children and grandchildren. When travel to the ISS or the Moon is common-place, they will be able to say, “My Mother went and returned in a tin can!” One of the very first pioneers of space!

Forget the negative comments and critics, Americans are all about the “Dream” and you have made it happen for you and your family.

The poor and needy have always, and will always be here…there are plenty of opportunities to help those in need. Opportunities like this come along rarely in life, and you have to be ready to grab the ring and go for it!!! You DID IT!!!

Welcome back safely, and good luck with the personal family issues, may they be resolved successfully, no need for sorrow now! I look forward to reading more of you thoughts now that the moment is over, please continue to talk to us, we want to live it thru you. You are all some of us will ever have.

Thank you for being brave and resourceful enough to grab the opportunity, and willing to talk about it!

Want to run for President of the USA? I’ll vote for you!

Be well, safe and happy this day forward!

Yours forever,
    pcwiz…

:))

Comment by pcwiz... Ca, USA — October 11, 2006 @ 6:37 pm

80. salam
    ahvale shoma?
    az shanidane khabar haei ke dar morede shoma hast na khodagah be vajd miam
    shoma yeki az efekharate iran be shomar miaid
    omidvaram hamishe khosho khoob o movafagh bashid

Comment by azadeh — October 11, 2006 @ 7:27 pm

as you might have noticed, I’ve been trying to follow your heartfelt, inspiring Blog like many others here on a regular basis. Being on a business trip a couple of days I missed a few entries that I am just catching up with.

What I would like to point out today is that you should not be discouraged by some rather cynical and negative postings that some folks felt they had to leave here recently. I do not mind a good controversal discussion at all, but calling the enthusiasm, the hope and the encouragement you have sparked off with many readers around the globe, just childish, naiv and nothing but a controlled publicity effect that soon will be forgotten is simply rude and inappropriate.

I feel sorry for such negative folks that may be intellectually intelligent, but lack a sense of emotional wisdom and and can’t see with their hearts. One might say, in a material world — and space exploration is definitely higly material! — there’s no room for such soft values, but I strongly disagree with such a narrow-minded point of view.

What good is it, if thousands of people learn all there is to learn about space travel and its exploration, if there’s no enthusiasm, no driving emotion, no longing, no inspiration for the new, the unknown, the view that reaches behind frontiers in their hearts and minds? What good is it, if we can’t rediscover a child’s fascination when looking up to the stars and wondering, if we are alone in this vast, cold universe?

So don’t feel hurt about such poor, limited approaches to your mission. Of course there’ll be a lot of envy waiting for you out there, I suppose, some might call it a waste of precious money that you could have spent more wisely to give space projects a push or more public attention, but that doesn’t seem true to me.

You didn’t long to be a “star”, but you have become a “shining star” for thousands of people, proving that goals can be reached, if one works hard for them, has faith within oneself and is fortunate enough to be at the right place at the right time.

Well, if THAT isn’t inspiring in the long run, what is?

“Live Long & Prosper”🙂

SpaceOwl Ron

from across the pond (Germany)

Comment by SpaceOwl — October 11, 2006 @ 8:14 pm

I just watched you on Oprah. It was a great interview! I liked the fact that there were more video footage from your time in the space station. Hopefully it will be uploaded on here as well. You looked amazing! Very “Chique”🙂

Also, salaamaty ro arezou daaram baraayeh shomaa va khanehvaadatoon. Hope everything goes well with that.

P.S. Is Oprah nice off camera? I dunno why I always assumed she wouldn’t be. . . lol

God bless

Comment by Ateen Khakpour - Plano, TX — October 11, 2006 @ 9:59 pm

83. Hello Anousheh,

What a nice surprise to see you on Operah show??? I really wanted to see your family and baby pictures. The Operah show gave me the wonderful opportunity!!

I hope that you are feeling allright now. I saw the landing clip of the soyez, and I was kind of concerned about you for a few days when I saw the nurse wipe your face a couple of times. You usually smile at the crack of the wall, but you barely managed to carry a faint smile on your face, but I guess you are doing better now.

Well, Would you be able to interview a couple of Iranian TVs on L.A.? That is the price of being a celeberity. I know they suck and bugging you with help, help the poor people back home and they have written articles to make you think twice, there is a another day for you and me in paradise. Well, I think they think you can save Iran if you have made several hundred million dollars by the combination of your talents, hard work, and lucks.

I like to see you speak in Persian if it is possible, you are the crystal of dreams that are gone with the wind for a lot of people. Can you speak in Persian in a Video clip and posted on your web site at least. You might think what a demanding bi…tc…h??

I hope your family medical issues will be resolved soon, I guessed they went through a lot of pressure lately.

As always,

Carmel

Comment by landDolphin — October 11, 2006 @ 10:04 pm

84. Welcome home, Anousheh!!

If only those who had gone into space before you would have been able to express their experience in the marvelous way that you have, how many more bright minds would today be gathered around the challenge of space exploration?! I hope you grind through the writing of your book on your own (you do intend to write a book, yes?) because I fear that a ghost writing “professional” could dilute the beautiful gift of expression that you have demonstrated on your blog. It has been sheer joy to share your journey through your words.

Question: if you’re traveling through space at the speed of light and you turn on your spaceship’s headlights, what do you see?

Answer: Anousheh – pointing the way!

Godspeed, and thank you.

Comment by Jay Reynolds - Houston — October 11, 2006 @ 10:25 pm

85. WHAT AN INSPIRATION TO NOT ONLY IRANIAN WOMAN / GIRLS EVERYWHERE, BUT TO EVERYONE WITH YOUR BRILLIANT VIEWS OF SPACE (NO WARS VISIBLE, NO POLITICAL BOUNDARIES). WE SHOULD TRULY SEND UP POLITICAL LEADERS INTO SPACE AND THEN MAYBE THEY CAN SEE HOW NON-SENSICAL WAR REALLY IS.
    BUT YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED A LOT IN YOUR LIFE – YOUR EDUCATION, YOUR BUSINESS, AND ARE TRULY SOMEONE TO LOOK UP TO. I’LL DEFINITELY USE YOUR EXPERIENCE IN MOTIVATING MYSELF FURTHER AND FURTHER IN MY LIFE IN ALL ASPECTS!

Comment by Harish Rupalmanjer — October 11, 2006 @ 11:53 pm

I am so proud of you!
    You are a real role model for future generations. I have become your #1 admirer, I wish you keep making waves and pushing the quest for science and space that is the only flag that can save us. Thank you.

Comment by Alfredo Fabeiro — October 12, 2006 @ 12:26 am

87. Did any one see the gorgeous Anousheh on Operah show today or I was the only one?
    ANOUSHE Was on Operah today😉 and she looked so gorgeous, calm and genuine. I can’t believe how sincere and down to earth she..she is a hero after all😉

Comment by Mahsan — October 12, 2006 @ 12:40 am

I am proud of you!
    You did show us how to achieve goals,you are a strong woman and I love to be like you.
    Best wishes for you and your family.

Comment by Farnaz-Oct12,2006 — October 12, 2006 @ 2:33 am

I am so happy you came back safe.
    I am proud of you!
    Best wishes for you and your family.

Comment by Farnaz-Oct12,2006 — October 12, 2006 @ 2:35 am

90. Здравствуйте, Анюше!
    Мы с супругой очень рады! Ваша мечта осуществилась! Это великая победа Вас, как Человека, умеющего мечтать по-крупному! Человека, который знает – нет преград, если человек поставил свою мечту в разрад целей и назначил дату ее достижения!
    Ваши рассказы очень тронули меня лично, ведь мечта о Космосе – это Золотая мечта! Ощущеение свободы и доброты, которые вдохновляет вид нашей Земли ни с чем не сравнить!
    Уверен Вы сохраните его и преумножите!

Comment by Dmitriy — October 12, 2006 @ 3:12 am

91. Hi Dear Anousheh,

Welldone! I am proud of you , Iranian lady who could prove the world nothing can stop us .After I read about your great job I decided for Phd in Engineering . I live in Australia ,here pepole ask me about you and they all like you!

May my God bless you!

Best wishes;
    Maryan

Comment by Maryan — October 12, 2006 @ 6:24 am

92. I’m sad of being a human.It’s shame…
    BECAUSE of you.YOU ONLY SEE YOURSELF.Nothing elss.
    you could chang many poor world bud ….
    you’re just blin.

Comment by Amir — October 12, 2006 @ 9:57 am

93. we are proud of u.all the best in the future

Comment by gloria — October 12, 2006 @ 2:52 pm

94. hi anousheh
    im an Iranina girl who is porud of you and im really exited that u will be reading this comment. Honestly you make me so proud of myself as well as my country while im speaking with my friends here in Dubai, I can proudly say that the dreams of an iranian woman come true only and only because she wantede it to come true. dooseeeeeeeeeet daram kheyli chon behem etemad be nafso yad midi. kheyli koshal misham age chand kalame javab bediiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. muauh.

Comment by Parsin — October 12, 2006 @ 7:43 pm

95. Questions for my enlightenment;
    1. Can we pray the muslim way in space?
    2. How do we count the 5 prayers a day in space?
    3. How do we perform abulution?
    4. Where do we face when we pray since Mekkah is on the earth?

These are just my thoughts that you may be able to answer. Thank you.

Comment by Reduan — October 13, 2006 @ 12:43 pm

96. سلام خانم انصاری.به جمع خانوده برگشتن شما رو تبریک میگم بعد از چند ماه دوری از خانواده و گذروندن چندین ماه هیجان انگیز .چند ماهی که نه فقط برای شما هیجان انگیز و خاطره انگیز بود بلکه این یک ماه آخرش برای خوانندگان این وبلاگ هم جالب بود و شاید بشه گفت که این یک ماه آخر برای خوانندگان این وبلاگ ،یک خاطره جمعی خواهد شد و همیشه اون رو به خاطر خواهند داشت.بازهم تبریک می گم به شما که صحیح و سالم ،تمام مراحل آموزش و پرواز و برگشتن به زمین رو طی کردین .خوشحالم که گفتین باز برای ما در این وبلاگ خواهید نوشت.منتظر خوندن نوشته های تازه شما هستم.شاد و موفق باشین.

Comment by مهرداد بیات — October 13, 2006 @ 1:46 pm

97. Mrs.Anousheh Ansari, i am so ashamed to tell anyone that you are iranian,what kind of human being would spent 20 million dollars to just make herself famous and have her picture on all the magazines and TV channels…you did this because of advertising your company and making yourself famous! Of course every kid has looked at the sky and wondered what stars look like, but that doesn’t make it a dream.I wish you knew that some people dream of having dinner at nights! If you really cared about iran or anyone, you would have at least built couple of free hospitals in iran or helped the poor….I guess you don’t care about anyone else but yourself…It’s a shame

Comment by Mina from US — October 14, 2006 @ 1:40 am

98. Hello Mrs. Ansari,

There are 2 types of rich people in the world. 1) who uses their money to help the poor and adapt childrent to let them enjoy life. They invest money on all those dieseases in which no one invested money. They would look around and see people who are dying every day even in our own country Iran. They hang people without reason in there, but you didn’t spend your money on any of those.
    2) second group use their money for power somehow they want to get richer and compete with people like Bill Gate even bill gate helps others.I don’t know why people thank you. You can do anything if you have the money.If you have the money u can even go and build an apartment in the space…..

Tell me now which group do you belong to??!!!

Comment by Hasti — October 14, 2006 @ 2:20 am

99. Ms. Ansari,
    I realize that this may be just one message out of a flood, but I’d like to
    express my congratulations on a safe return and sincere thanks for your
    inspirational commentary here. I myself am more technically oriented, so my
    reading often tends toward more mundane mission logs and transcripts, but
    your excellent writing does a lot to show the human side of space travel,
    and makes one wonder just how the world might be different if everyone
    could share that point of view (no pun intended!). It may still be
    decades before I have a chance to experience that for myself, but I truly
    believe that journeying into space will enrich us as a people–as Terrans,
    if you will–in ways we cannot yet imagine.
    Again, thank you!
    –Andrew

Comment by Andrew — October 14, 2006 @ 2:11 pm

100. hi anousheh
    You’ve done an extraodinary thing in(actually…out) the world ever!! The experiences you got are so rare that only few people can do. Cool!!

Comment by saowarat — October 14, 2006 @ 2:22 pm

101. Hi Dear Anousheh,

You rejected to define borders,colors and heavens, you saw it all as one.

I congratulate you on observing this unity.

You will shine forever in our starry nights.

Comment by Pejman — October 14, 2006 @ 5:44 pm

Hello and greeting to you. I hope you and your family are ok
    I am a univ lecturer(math) in Iran, I like to continue my study
    in a PhD program in the u.s., but I need your help. I feel very
    proud of beeing your compatriot.
    Best Whishes
    Mohammad Ansari

Comment by mohammad ansari — October 14, 2006 @ 9:26 pm

103. hi anoosheh

i love you because of your dreams .
    i love you because of your imagination that is beyond the world
    i love you because of all seconds spends for you for creating the bests.
    i love you because you really makes me proud of yourself.
    i love you because of …

best wishes for the best of the world

Comment by hamid ezatabadi — October 14, 2006 @ 9:30 pm

104. salam anousheye aziz
    bazgashte movafaghiat amizetoono tabrik migam
    va ie tabrike dige vase inke motmaen bashid kheili az adama ro motahavvel kardid
    baratoon arezooye movaffaghiate hamishegi mikonam

Comment by shima — October 14, 2006 @ 10:52 pm

105. Thanks for the updates on your adventures. My students (5th grade) and I watched you the entire time. We imagined what it would be like to be a space tourist. Will continue to follow your adventures of getting space tourism a reality for the rest of us! Thanks again!

Comment by Catherine — October 15, 2006 @ 1:48 am

106. Dear Mrs. Ansari,

Please solve all of the poverty problems in Iran as soon as possible. And while you are at it, the world needs you to take care of hunger, lack of education, building hosptials, roads and fire stations, planting trees, cleaning the air and reversing global warming.

Yours truly,
    Tourang

Comment by Tourang — October 15, 2006 @ 5:07 am

107. Anoushah joonam, where are you?

Comment by yana — October 15, 2006 @ 1:39 pm

108. Hi Ms. Ansari

In my pervious post I prayed for you to be successful and healthy. I know you are eastern and must have a nice feeling about everything and we saw some aspect of it in your writings, videos and your talk show! In my opinion you are empowered to do anything with your money and it’s not so important. Honestly I’m waiting so long to hear you about one thing but you didn’t and now I ask my question.

-How did you feel about GOD in space?
    -How did you try to see his signs and …?
    -And many question that remind the GOD for us.

I think it’s an important point that you can notice everyone to that. And we as a creature have duty to be a messenger about it.

Saeed

Comment by Saeed — October 15, 2006 @ 1:54 pm

109. سلام انوشه عزیز دلم برات تنگ شده بود راستش وقتی اون بالا بودی ملموستر بودی امیدوارم به کلبه درویشی من سربزنی .در کلبه ما رونق اگر نیست صفا است.

Comment by nasrin — October 15, 2006 @ 6:41 pm

110. Mrs. Ansari,

I think the investments you have made in the future of space exploration are remarkable, and I admire you for what you have done! You are truly an inspiration to us young women!

I am a graduate student of Architecture, and for my thesis this winter/spring I am designing a staging/research facility for space travelers adjacent to the spaceport under construction here in New Mexico. I am wondering if you would be available for an interview, via e-mail, about your experiences in space. I know you are incredibly busy and in demand, I am sure. I would be honored if you would allow me to ask you some questions about what it is like to be in outer space.

Regards,
    Nancy Lomax

Comment by Nancy — October 15, 2006 @ 8:18 pm

111. Hi Anoush Jaan,

I am so impressed by what you have done, you are very very brave. Although I would not go to the space if I had $20.000.000 and would spend it for poor kids in Africa or other poor parts of the world. May be you already do that too.
    I am not judgemental or any thing like that and very much supportive of your choice and brave action. I just mentioned my own personal choice.
    Any way You did some thing that may be one in 1000000 can do it.
    Congragulations and I love your smile.
    By the way I think your husband is one of the most supportive husbands in the world, he must be a great person like your self.

Comment by Ocean — October 15, 2006 @ 11:13 pm

112. Dear miss anousheh
    I’m so proud of beeing an iranian girl – your hometown- and I want to tell you that after your trip to space,I interested in space science and I’ll be in contact with you. please accept my warm wishes and say my hello to your respected family.
    your little sister hasti
    enviornment specialist in DOE(department of enviornment)
    خانم انصاري
    بابت موفقيتتون به خودمون مي باليم.

Comment by hasti — October 16, 2006 @ 7:16 am

113. Its great achievment for you. I think so. Good luck for your future endeavors.

Ben

Comment by ben — October 16, 2006 @ 8:45 am

114. hi anoushe.

welcome back.you did not visitd my weblog yet and never gave me a comment.i will be still waiting for ur presence ….

Comment by Ramin Emrani — October 16, 2006 @ 6:04 pm

Even when you are in space, you are down to earth. But, when you are in space, you have stardust in your eyes.

Comment by Jerry — October 16, 2006 @ 9:22 pm

116. HELLO ANOSHE
    my name is hoda
    i am from iran-esfahan
    i am very happy that you is iranian
    can you speak persian?
    you are very famuos in iran
    people of iran love you very much
    i have good wishes for you.
    hoda .age:18

Comment by HODA — October 17, 2006 @ 12:48 am

117. خانم انصاری فارسی زبان ها را از نوشته هاتون بی بهره نکنید

Comment by ورنوسفادرانی — October 17, 2006 @ 4:06 am

Please do not ever lose your Iranian accent as suggested by a previous comment. If your speech and manner ever become Americanized, it will have dire repercussions. You will become transformed into a different person, and it won’t be for the better. An example of this phenomenon is the Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova. She is extremely Americanized, and it is a shame. At first glance people find her beautiful, exotic, and exciting…until she opens her mouth and speaks. Suddenly, all appeal vanishes into thin air as she reveals her true self, which is a shallow, American ditz, the type you find on MTV. It is an utter disappointment.

If you ever become Americanized, you will no longer be Anousheh. Instead, you will metamorphize into a cold, American rich bitch with superficial values. You will lose interest in the sciences and will attend Hollywood parties and mingle with celebrities. You will spend your fortune on fancy cars, clothing, and expensive jewelry. Hamid may become angry at you, and if so, you will probably rebel against him and have unfortunate adventures like that seen on the TV show, “Desperate Housewives”.

If you become more and more Americanized, your technical acumen will diminish and will be lowered to that of an American soccer mom. This will hurt your company’s products. Your customers will complain, and you will no longer be able to shmooze with them because you will have lost your Iranian uniqueness. So, the customers will buy from your competitors. This will upset you, and like so many American women, you may even turn to alcohol. The business could then collapse and you may end up with an unglamourous job like a sales clerk or cleaning woman. And, if that ever happens, you will wonder, “What happened?” And, the answer would be that it all started when you decided to change your accent. So, I suggest that you keep your Iranian accent. Thank you.

Jerry Ginsberg
    Garden Grove, CA

Comment by Jerry Ginsberg — October 17, 2006 @ 10:24 pm

119. Its your money Anousheh,
    You can do with it what ever the heck you want.
    But dang… $ 25 mill on a space vaction…???
    What the heck were you thinking???
    I guess you were’nt….
    Thats ok we all srew up from time to time, but thats one huge chunk of change to blow!!!

Comment by Thomas — October 18, 2006 @ 4:27 am

120. Dear anoushe
    i know you delete my comments and my request,i have written a lot to you but no reply from you
    i like to say just a story ..it s not as beautiful as your stories and expriences but the last thing i write to you and bother you..so please read it
    there is a boy named mohammad in mashad..his life is really misrable,he is loosing his mother…and his father too..he has to give up studing the same as what his sisters has done…awful life..be sure yo can not imagin it

Comment by mohammad from mashad — October 18, 2006 @ 7:12 am

121. I would like to thank you very much for the way you gave us our pride back after all these years in international communities by the marvelous job you did…Now people all around the word know Iran by your name and we are proud of that too!

Thanks for doing such great job for human beings.

Continue your way and never give up, we will be there to support you in any way you think is needed, sorry for not being around for several years but from now on please count on us so we may also feel that pride in a smaller scale.

Comment by Behrokh — October 18, 2006 @ 1:13 pm

122. Hi, i would like to as you something that can’t be published on the internet, please write me an e-mail to this address

thanks ;]

Comment by kSAN — October 18, 2006 @ 3:14 pm

123. Khanoome Anoushe kheyli kheyli behetoon tabrik migam. baesse eftekhare hameye iranian ast. shoma neshan dadid ke agar har enssani hadafi darad mitavanad ba poshtkar be ahdafesh beresse. har chand in hadaf 20.000.000 dollar kharj dasht, vali be in pool residan khodesh hadafi boode ke shoma dar gozashte ba poshtkar be an resideyid. man be shoma eftekhar mikonam.
    dar zemn ye joke: migan sazmane NASA bad az foroode shoma be zamin elam karde: az oon bala kaftar miaia yak dana dokhtar miaia😉 ye joke bood bekhandim

ghorboone shoma be agha hamid salam beresoonid

arash az alman

Comment by Arash — October 18, 2006 @ 6:13 pm

I am glad you are readjusting to the normal life back on Earth. I wish you the best to you and your family. I read somewhere in your blog either you or someone else mentioning the world united. I feel the only way we are going to ever get the world united is when we make a major impact in space travel, discovering new worlds and visiting them. Right now our technology is slightly not up to speed. Chemical propulsion is not the answer. It’ll get us to the moon and back, but not beyond. An Ion Drive is good, however not feasable due to the slowness of acceleration. I’ve read on one test it took 4 days to achieve 60mph. However the course is steady so higher speeds is achieveable. I believe New Horizons from NASA has reached up to 40,000+mph. However even these speeds when you look at the millions of miles from here to Mars😦

You are a highlight in the media around the world. Wished there was a way you could possibly use this to promote the research of two options. 1: Anti-Matter propulsion or 2: Nuclear Drive propulsion.

The problems with both, as it is with anything that deals with Space science, is fundings. If the US government devoted the amount of resources they did during the Cold War (putting Neil Armstrong on the moon in 1969) we would have already had this technology as of today. However the governments around the world do not put space as an importance. Maybe you can change this? Anti-Matter is surely going to be the way to go provided enough research could be placed into it.

Anyway, good luck to you and I hope to see you in the news again sometime on a return trip to the ISS🙂

Sincerely,

Comment by mstrozier — October 18, 2006 @ 10:04 pm

125. Hola Anousheh, bienvenida a la “Tierra”!!!, me encantan estas cosas del espacio, veo casi todas las misiones, y déjame felicitarte por tu valentía, no debe ser muy fácil un lanzamiento y con tan poco entrenamiento, guau!!!. felicidades y que estés bien.
    Espero que alguien te traduzca esto, sorry que no escriba en inglés, pero aún soy muy mala con el idioma.

Sarah

Comment by Sarah — October 19, 2006 @ 3:38 am

I think your dream, your persistence and of course writing is fantastic. You have been on a most extraordinary journey. Thanks for sharing it with everybody. You make me think that if an Iranian woman can do this, women from India will not be far behind.
    Many congratulation to you on having successfully completing your mission, and fulfilling your dream. this inspires me to work harder towards my little earthbound dreams.
    Love
    Aruna

Comment by aruna — October 19, 2006 @ 10:52 am

127. What a magnificent and generous gesture your parents have made towards space research and how great that you decided to make this trip into space and give it so much wonderful publicity.
    Ofcourse , Oprah will consider contibuting to it, why not she’s gone just about as far as she can go here.LOL
    Best rgds
    Patricia

Comment by bluewren — October 20, 2006 @ 3:42 am

Welcome Back To Gravity🙂
    Payam From IRAN _ TEHRAN

Comment by payam — October 20, 2006 @ 10:55 pm

I am a science educator of young children. I think your trip in space punctuates the spirit of high quality science education. We science educators are all appreciative of the courage and the depth of curiosity it took for you to become the first woman space tourist.

I invite you to visit my web site as it is intended to spread science exploration in young minds through knowledge.
    I ask that you contact us after visiting our work and we could schedule an interview with you.

Thanking ou,
    All the best,
    Judy Wilken MS

Comment by StarChild Science — October 21, 2006 @ 2:59 pm

130. شما يكي از افتخارات ما در ايران هستيد به اميد روزي كهخ اين افتخار در كنار ما و در وطن مشترك ما باشد
    موفق باشيد

Comment by mahdi — October 21, 2006 @ 6:51 pm

I have been reading here and just have to comment.
    I’m so happy for you! You dreamed a dream, set a goal, put your heart and body to the task and accomplished it! Amazing and inspiring.
    I have been in the presence another person that is much like you are, she set a goal for herself and was determined to succeed .. she did so and became an accomplished technical diver.
    Unfortunately, she was injured diving, suffering an arterial gas embolism (no fault of hers) and was in a coma, then awakening to find that she could not use her arms or legs… but she still had her sense of humor, saying to me when I first saw her … “So when are we going diving?”🙂 That same will and determination to succeed was intact and just 4 months of rehab later, with what only can be called fantastic progress, by Gods Grace, she is walking, and home with her children😀
    I am lucky to have her think of me as her friend. She is an inspiration to all that know her as I am sure that you are to all that know you.
    I will share your story, and your website with her
    Thank you and God Bless you and yours
    DB

Comment by Don Beary — October 21, 2006 @ 9:24 pm

132. Hi,
    you are one of the very few persons who got a chance for this wonderful experience,THANK YOU for sharing your experiences
    good luck for all your future endeavours.

Comment by vijay — October 22, 2006 @ 5:25 pm