October 10, 2006

Nice hat

Filed under: Space Explorer — by X PRIZE @ 8:18 am

home to ISS

Welcome to your second home,

A short story: How do dreams come true

Once there was a man who asked God for
    a flower….
    ….and a butterfly.
    But instead God gave him a cactus….
    ….and a caterpillar.
    The man was sad, he didn’t understand why his request was mistaken.
    Then he thought:
    Oh well, God has too many people to care for…
    And decided not to question.
    After some time, the man went to check up on his request that he had left forgotten.
    To his surprise, from the thorny & ugly cactus a beautiful flower had grown.
    And the unsightly carterpillar had been transformed into the most beautiful butterfly.
    GOD always does things right!
    His way is ALWAYS the best way,
    even if to us it seems all wrong.
    If you asked God for one thing & received another, TRUST.
    You can be sure that He will always give you what you need at the appropriate time.
    What you want…
    ….is not always what you need!
    God never fails to grant our petitions, so keep on going for Him without doubting or murmuring.
    Today’s THORN…
    Is tomorrow’s FLOWER!
    GOD GIVES THE VERY BEST TO THOSE WHO LEAVE THE CHOICES UP TO HIM!
    If you liked this message, please send it on to others.
    GOD BLESS YOU!

Comment by Mehdi — October 10, 2006 @ 9:06 am

2. I know it has been said 1 million times before, but THANK YOU for sharing your incredible adventure with us!

I, like many others cried every tear, lauged every laugh, and felt every shiver with you.

Abrazos!

David

Comment by David (Surrey) — October 10, 2006 @ 9:37 am

3. خانم انوشه سلام
    رسيدن شمارا به خانه تبريك مي گويم . اميدوارم هميشه موفق باشيد.
    لطفا مارا هميشه در جريان برنامه هاي اينده خود قراردهيد. چون واقعا احساس مي كنم كه هميشه همراه شما هستيم.
    Hi Mrs. Ansari:
    Welcome to home…
    Please continue connection with us… specially with Iranian Peoples. I am interested in khnow about your other activities. Please inform us.
    We lean with you Hope, Happiness and Good Living
    With Thanks.
    Saeed Reza Jabbari-Tehran Iran

Comment by S.R. Jabbari — October 10, 2006 @ 11:32 am

اسم قشنگی داری
    شاید از این به بعد مردم ایران ازاسم انوشه برا دخترشون بیشتر استفاده کنند.هر چی باشه حالا دیگه انوشه سمبل اقتداره.
    یه سوال ازت دارم.چرا با اینکه دوران رشدعلمی و اقتصادی را مدیون غربی با این حال دم از ایران می زنی؟؟؟ایران برات چیکار کرده؟
    با تشکر صابر 22 ساله از جویبار

Comment by صابر سلیمی — October 10, 2006 @ 1:55 pm

5. DEAR ANOUSHEH WELCOME BACK, WE PROUD OF YOU AND WE LOVE YOU,
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
    MOHAMAD

Comment by MOHAMAD — October 10, 2006 @ 5:11 pm

6. Dear Anousheh:

First of all I want to congratulate you for your courage, stamina, decision, and the wonderful opportunity you’ve got to go into Space.You have made your dream come true!

Space has been my passion since I began writing as a professional journalist in my native country, Uruguay.

I am here now living in the United States, since on July 12 of 1989 I began working at the Voice of America. I ran a weekly program of my creation named “Toward Space”.

Along the years I have interviewed a good number of Astronauts, engineers and technicians. Recently, on September 26 and 27 I have the opportunity to make a visit to the Johnson Space Center where I was able to be where few people can go. Of all that material we are now at VOA preparing 3 or 4 documentary presentations for TV. I have also started to put on the air by radio, my interviews with Astronauts there.

When I returned from J.S.C. my feeling was that I have been at the home of the Astronauts and a gate to Space, but… I have not being in the Space –like you, my dream.

I have not 20 millions dollars, but…I have a specific proposal to you. And I am talking about business, after all.
    When Mr. Burt Rutan donated the SpaceShipOne to the National Air & Space Museum, I covered that event and I interviewed Rutan. I gave him my business card and on the reverse I wrote that I was ready to go to Space and to broadcast from there that experience.

I know he is working on the SpaceShipTwo that will be able to take to space groups of tourists.

I have kept in contact with his company, but nevertheless I think you could be extremely influencial to make it possible for me to be there in the first flight of SpaceShipTwo. What I can record there, the broadcasting that I could do, all that material could be useful for a later book or lectures etc. And I would be open to do those things on a special agreement with you.

This is not a message to be published, as you can see. It is strictly personal, and I will keep waiting for your answer.

Again, thank you so much for your personal example and the attention that you can give to this message.

Ad Astra!

Milton

Comment by Milton W. Hourcade — October 10, 2006 @ 5:37 pm

Welcome back to mother Earth and nice hat indeed. How come it wasn’t flying off?🙂

A while back you wrote that you wished world leaders would experience space. Do you still believe that it would help matters on Earth? or would it make the space station unlivable?🙂
    Is Earth still a beautiful blue planet rotating about? When I was a kid in Iran, I used to listen to “Ground Control to Major Tom” by David Bowie. I wonder if you have ever listened to it.
    Maybe it was the first human side of space travel before your blog came about (and he didn’t even go to space). Here are the lyrics:

Ground Control to Major Tom
    Ground Control to Major Tom
    Take your protein pills and put your helmet on

Ground Control to Major Tom
    Commencing countdown, engines on
    Check ignition and may God’s love be with you

Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two, One, Lift-off

This is Ground Control to Major Tom
    You’ve really made the grade
    And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
    Now it’s time to leave the capsule if you dare

“This is Major Tom to Ground Control
    I’m stepping through the door
    And I’m floating in a most peculiar way
    And the stars look very different today

For here
    Am I sitting in a tin can
    Far above the world
    Planet Earth is blue
    And there’s nothing I can do

Though I’m past one hundred thousand miles
    I’m feeling very still
    And I think my spaceship knows which way to go
    Tell my wife I love her very much (she knows!)
    Ground Control to Major Tom
    Your circuit’s dead, there’s something wrong
    Can you hear me, Major Tom?
    Can you hear me, Major Tom?
    Can you hear me, Major Tom?
    Can you hear….

“ am I floating round my tin can
    Far above the Moon
    Planet Earth is blue
    And there’s nothing I can do.?

By the way, thanks for responding to my previous question. It must be hard to communicate with lots of people at the same time and ofcourse family obligations come first.

Take care,
    Tourang

Comment by Tourang — October 10, 2006 @ 6:04 pm

8. Khonoom Ansari,
    Maybe one day when the time is right you will write about your Spiritual experiences in Space?I dont think you can go so far and not consider the origins of this universe.
    I pondered over your arrival back to earth in the capsule and your`rebirth.`
    Being born only leads to suffering and problems.It as if somehow or other we have to rise above the problems,attend to the the difficulties with action instead of thought.Action purifies,thought corrupts.
    Hoshohmadi.

Comment by john — October 10, 2006 @ 6:10 pm

9. سلام خانم انوشه
    من فكر مي كنم كه شما فردي بسيار عاطفي، اما با اعتماد به نفس هستيد. اما سوال من از شما اين است كه با وجود اينكه اينهمه ايراني موفق در امريكا هنوز زبان اصلي خود را فارسي مي دانند، شما به يك دليل سياسي – كه البته سفر شما صرفا علمي بوده- شماموافقت كرديد كه پرچم ايران را از روي لباستان برداريد و حتي در زمان فرستادن پيغام براي اينهمه مردمي كه عاشقانه و از ته دل براي شما پيغام فرستادند. يك كلمه فارسي صحبت نكرديد؟!!! آيا نگران قضاوت مردم امريكا از خودتان هستيد؟
    از طرف يك ايراني مقيم امريكا

Comment by Bahar — October 10, 2006 @ 8:19 pm

10. salam man nemidonam farsi baladin ya na vali fekr konam baladin chon 16 salegi raftin amrica hamon seni ke man omadam canada albate faghat 9 mahe injam va delam vase iran aziz tang shode khyli ziad.pas fingilishi minevisam =farsi+engilish(faghat type engilisi):)
    nemidonam chera harvaght esme shoma ro mishnavam dochare ye jor ghror misham va hey eftekhar mikonam be shoma be irani bodanam va hata be khodammmm
    vaghti weblogetono khondam ba zare zareye vojodam mitonestam rabte barghrar konam mitonestam ehsasatono befahmam mitonestam ba khandeha va khoshaliyaton bekhandam o ba geryehaton gerye konam ino jedi migam vaghan onja ke neveshte bodin vaghti in zamino az bala didam geryam gerft man bedone inke dide basham gerye kardam akhe vaghan hesetono hes kardam ke cheghadar bozorge va cheghadar azim ke hata fekr kardan behesham sakhte , akhe man ye dafe to khab zamino az bala didam inghadar ba shokoh bod ke to khab be mamanam goftam baseeeeeeee dige man nemitonam bebinam in manzare vase man ziyade tamomesh konid va cheshmamo to khab bastam khyli jaleb bod khyli ziyad midonid khabesh inghadar baram jaleb bod che berese be khodesh :)lol
    bazam migam ke khyli beheton eftekhar mikonam onghadar ke khodetonam nemidonin
    va mersi az inke khalafe on chizairo sabet kardin ke hamishe marsom bode
    inghadar bozorg bodin ke hata television iran ham natonest shomaro neshon nade mikham ye mesal bezanam: to Tv iran khanome Shirine Ebadio neshon nadad va faghat khabaresho goft vali shoma ro neshon dadan nemishod neshon nadan na nemishod jedan.
    dige ma iraniya khyli asheghetonim hamamon va ba tamame vojod beheton eftekhar mikonim chon hes mikonim shoma ye namayande az tarafe ma bodin ke be faza raftin harchand ke ma narfatim vali baraye avalin bar hes kardim ke ye hamvatan yeki az jense ma rafte faza vasash narahat bodimo ,doa kardim keye vaghte anousheye ma chizish nashe,va maghzamon motahed shode bodano faght fekre shoma bodan ino az negaha o harfa mishod fahmid khyli vaghta mano yade etehade mardom to zelzeleye bam mindakht to zelzele hamamon az ye chiz narahat bodim va onam hamvatanamon bod va dar morde shomam hamamon be kahtere ye chiz khoshal bodim onam bekhatere ye ham vatan ye………
    dar harsorat mikham begam inghadar beheton eftekhar mikonam ke nagoooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo
    be shoma va hata be khanevadaton be khosos be madareton
    alan hame natanha shoma ro mishnasan balke hameye khanevadatonam mishnasan hadeaghal didaneshon khahareton, madareton, pedareton shohareton va hamin digeeeee :)bishtar nemishnasam lol
    asheghetonim ye alame harchi begim bazam kame
    boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos
    I love you (engilish)
    ya te volium(corovationan)
    te amo(italian)
    amo te(porteghali)
    ya alskardig (swedish)
    ana ahabich (arabic)
    saga poo (greek)
    ish la bidish(germany)
    vo ani (china)
    DOSET DARAM (FARSIIII)

baraye yegane parandeye asemane IRAN zamin (chi goftamaaaa)
    age tonestin va khastin javabe mailamo bedin lotfan
    khyliiiiii khyliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii……khoshal mishammmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment by avazeh — October 10, 2006 @ 11:45 pm

11. i was wondering, did you gain wieght and/or inches in space? atrophying takes time to combat. it must have been hard for those who were out there for months! how long did it take you to get earth legs again? and did you notice much difference in your body mass? and how long did it take to get back to “normal”?
    love your site!

Comment by mieyasha — October 11, 2006 @ 1:17 am

12. Dearest Anousheh, We are proud of you,We support you and We love you and don’t be discourage by negatives and FOOZOOL PEOPLE,
    keep up the good work.

Comment by mohamad — October 11, 2006 @ 2:32 am

13. Hello Lovely:
    I think that u must be very grateful to God coz he gave u all a human needs :Courage ,beauty inside and out and Love ….
    be mamanet begoo vasat esfand dood kone:-D

Comment by Mandana — October 11, 2006 @ 2:48 am

Welcome back to mother Earth🙂
    In Brazil, we love to know about your courage, to fly so far!
    Thank you for give us inspiration, an congratulations, again!!
    Rod

Comment by Rod - The Panorama Internacional — October 11, 2006 @ 3:50 am

My heartfelt thanks to you for sharing your incredible experience with us. Your narration was not just like a mere compilation of words but like cries of the heart. It’s really nice to read your blog.

Anousheh, I really need your help in shaping up my career. A short of inro about me just in case u haven’t read my previous comments. I am working as a Telecom Software Engineer. I want to become an astronaut and I am wondering how to proceed from here. I am planning to take up my M.S. in Avionics. Can you plz. help me shape up my career.

Sincere thanks and heartfelt wishes to you.

Regards,

Manju S.M. (India)

Comment by Manju S.M. — October 11, 2006 @ 5:00 am

16. Nice Hat , Nice video & Nice voice !
    you know ,you never look like 40 years old…specially
    when you talk😉 I think your nice heart is the reason.

*** MASHALLAH ! CHESH nakhorin ye vagt !
    har chand man sagham siah nist😀

Wish to see all of the pictures you took from
    space and put them on my pc background .

Bests,

Comment by vahid — October 11, 2006 @ 6:45 am

چیزی که باعث شد بخوام کامنت بذارم,مطلبیه که بهار تو کامنت 9 نوشته.راستش منم اول فکر میکردم که شما ایرانی بودن خودتونوکتمان میکنید.اما بعد دیدم نه.خودتون در جواب یکی از بچه ها که چنین اعتراضی کرده بود,گفتین که هیچ وقت ایرانی بودنتونو پنهان نکردین و متاسفین که اینطور در مورد شما فکر میکنن.من با خودم گفتم که خوب شما فقط پنهان نمیکنین اما تمایلی هم ندارید که همه جا بیانش کنید.با این حال چون یکی ازطرفداراتون بودم,سعی کردم در جریان تمام خبرهای مربوط به شما باشم و اطلاعات بیشتری در مورد شما کسب کنم.واسه همین هر روز سراغ سایتتون,وبلاگتون, وسایت
    spacescinece.ir
    میرفتم.به مرور زمان متوجه شدم شما خیلی متفاوت از اون کسی هستین که در تصور من بود.تو مطالبی که در مورد پایگاه فضائی و فضا نوشتین,بارها پیش اومده که از ایران نام بردید.از پنبه زن و چهار شنبه سوری.تو ویدئوهاتون ایرانیا رو مخاطب قرار دادین و باهاشون صحبت کردین.میشه درک کرد که علت انگلیسی حرف زدنتون این بود که از همه جای دنیا اون ویدئو رو میبینن ولی خودمونیم,چه ایرادی داشت 2 کلمه هم یواشکی فارسی حرف میزدین؟:)در مورد پرچم ایران هم که دیگه حرفی نمونده.بهتون گفتن اون پرچم کوچیک رو از بازوتون بر دارین.شما این کارو کردین اما وقتی رفتین اون بالا 1 پرچم ایران که چند برابر اون یکی بود رو زدین جلوی لباستون.خوبه همه لباستونو سبزوسفیدوقرمز نکردین.;)ما هم انتظار نداشتیم که پرچم امریکا رو بردارین.به هر حال تو مملکت اونا رشد کردین که خدائی اگه ایران بودین,هیچ وقت به ارزوتون نمیرسیدین

اینارو میگم که بدونین خیلیامون حقیقت رو میدونیم و اگه کسی چیزی میگه,علتش اینه که وقت نداشته بره همه سایتارو بگرده تا شما رو بشناسه.
    راستش علت اینکه این همه حرف زدم این بود که فکر کردم نکنه باز ناراحت بشین.آخه خیلی سخته بعد این همه مدت تازه یکی بیاد بپرسه لیلی زن بود یا مرد؟بعد این همه مدت که شما همه جا داد زدین که ایها الناس من ایرانیم و ایران رو دوست دارم,1 نفر بیاد شما رو به محافظه کاری متهم کنه

دوستدار شما,حسیبا

Comment by Hasiba — October 11, 2006 @ 7:16 am

18. hi dear,
    congrats u had achived ur dreams n showed the way to the others also….
    keep it up…
    bye.

Comment by maddy — October 11, 2006 @ 7:33 am

19. با سلام فراوان،
    علاقه و اهتمام تان در سفر به ماوراي زمين ستودني است و از اينكه ما را در جريان لجظه لحظه ي سفر تان گذاشتيد سپاسگذاريم. بازگويي و باز نويسي مشاهدات و خاطرات تان كمك مي كند تا بسياري از مردم با خوانش آن احساس نيرو و اعتماد به نفس كنند و پويا تر و جويا تر شوند به شرطي كه اين خاطرات به زباني ساده اما فاخر نوشته شده باشد. اگر بتوانيد يكچنين تاثيري بر بشر چسبيده بر زمين بيفگنيد، بي ترديد به سهم خود كار كلان در راستاي مصالح علياي بشريت كرده ايد_ بركندن دل بشر از خاك-
    من پاره ي از مشاهدات و نوشته هاي تان را كه شايد به قلم خودتان رقم خورده بود، در سايت شما خواندم و بي شك، نكته هاي فراواني اعم از احوال و شخصيت خود تان و اوضاع سفر به فضا دانستم. اما با خود گفتم كاش اين سفر معنوي بود، يعني از آن سفر هاي كه اولياي خدا دارند. و اما من احساس مي كنم كه ضمير نا خود آگاهت در واقع به دنبال سفر ي معنوي بوده است و شما بنا بر اقتضاي محيط زندگي تان سفري مادي تدارك ديده ايد، البته نه اينكه از خير اين سفر تان انكار كنم. بهر روي، اميد است به سفر معنوي نيز تدارك ببينيد و خداوند اين سفر را نيز براي تان ميسر گرداند، به زودي دل تان در اين اين پايين ها تنگ خواهد شد وآنگهي گپ من يادت خواهد آمد.

خوشحال باشيد،

شجاع مستقل
    كابل- افغانستان

Comment by Shuja Mustaqil — October 11, 2006 @ 8:15 am

20. انوشه عزیزم سلام
    من یک بانوی ایرانی تقریبآ هم سن و سال تو هستم. من هم از کودکی عاشق فضا و فضانوردی بودم و هستم. دختری 9 ساله با نام کیانا دارم که او هم مثل ما عاشق فضااست. من و کیانا به تو افتخار میکنیم و میدونیم که این آرزوی ما یعنی رفتن به فضا غیرممکن نیست. تو با یادداشتهای قشنگ و پر از احساست مارو با خودت اون بالا بردی.باور کن من از خوندن انها اونقدر تحت تاثیر قرار گرفتم که اشک از چشمام جاری شده بود. من به عنوان یک زن و یک انسان به تو انوشه عزیزم افتخار میکنم واز صمیم قلب دوست دارم و امیدوارم به همه آرزوهات برسی.

در ضمن امیدوارم اون لبخند قشنگ همیشه روی لبهات باشه

دوست تو
    میترا
    ایران

Comment by Mitra — October 11, 2006 @ 8:33 am

21. Dear Blog Agent;

It seems that this comment is a video comment and a flash-media clip is placed there. But, unfortunately for me, nothing is visible (I see a white gap under the title ‘Nice Hat’). On the other hand, non of the shared photos in ‘flickr’ website is accessible here.😦 I think both happen due to firewall installed in out local ISP servers, which block access to them. If possible, please share these objects in the main homepage of the Prodea company so that we can have access to them. Thank you in advance…🙂

Sorry for inconvenience; Iran has its own restrictions!

Yours, Farhad from Iran (a place in the United World)

Comment by Farhad — October 11, 2006 @ 9:47 am

22. Hi Anoushe:
    I want your E-mail address….:)
    be happy,bye.

Comment by Niloofar — October 11, 2006 @ 10:43 am

23. Great video as always !

Comment by Bobby Alizadeh — October 11, 2006 @ 11:10 am

24. سلام خانم انصاری! سفر موفقیت آمیز شما را تبریک میگم ! موفق باشید .

Comment by arash — October 11, 2006 @ 11:20 am

25. Hi Anousheh.
    I enjoyed reading you blog very much. You describe everything beautifully..! I told my mom about it and she’s been reading the persian translation of your blog, but she tells me it stops on the 28th. She’d very much appreciate it if you could continue with the translation as well.
    Merci.

Comment by pouya — October 11, 2006 @ 1:22 pm

26. salam khanome Ansari,
    shayad bavaretoon nashe amma vaghty baraye avalin bar khabare tasmimetoon ro shenidam, va dar vaghe ba hamoon khabar baraye avalin bar bahatoon ashna shodam,vaghean ashke shogh too cheshmam halgheh zad.
    haghyghatan ye tekooni khordam,
    mani ke vaghean na omid boodam hata betoonam az keshvar kharej sham baraye tahsilat dar onja,va hes mikardam kheili mitone baram sakht bashe mavaneey mesle Visa ya sherkat dar USMLE,
    hala ba didane farde ba eradey mesle shoma,
    dige hich bahaneyee nemitonam baraye khodam byaram.
    vaghean motehavel shodam va kheili jedi tar karamo donbal mikonam,
    alaveh bar in vaghean va az tahe del khoshhalam ke dar in borheh ke kheili ha aslan fekre dorosty raje be keshvare azyzemoon nadaran,tonestid ta hadi Irani haro bishtar be donya beshnasoonid,
    Bi nahayat Dostetoon daram
    va az bozorgtarin arezoohaye zendegime ke betoonam hata chand daghygheh ham ke shodeh az nazdik bebinametoon va bahatoon sohbat konam.
    tamame khanevadeye ma az samime ghalb doostetoon darand va salam miresoonan
    Hamidreza Amirzehni
    Tehran
    Iran

Comment by Hamidreza — October 11, 2006 @ 1:53 pm

27. salam mikhastam bebinam shoma aslan ghasd darid sari be iran bezanid va inke chera shoma az faza ax dar weblogetoon nemizarit ba tashakor mohammad az tehran

Comment by mohammad — October 11, 2006 @ 2:41 pm

28. Dear Anousheh:
    i’ve benn readding your blog and i think you’re a special person …talking about your hat i just coud not believe it…
    is that an “aleph”? it look so much like one we have made here for our sinagogue! we call it the simbol of craetion… i relly would like to hear more about it. if you could!?

Comment by guil recife brasil — October 11, 2006 @ 4:29 pm

29. Comment by Farhad — October 11, 2006 @ 9:47 am

Hi Farhad — it’s a short video clip from the NASACast Video that you can find on iTunes with the title: NASATV’s This Week at NASA, Week Ending Sept. 22

Just the part about Expedition 14/Ansari arriving at ISS and greeted by Expedition 13.

Anousheh is wearing her Ansari X Prize hat.

NASA podcast info is here http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/podcasting/index.html

Comment by X PRIZE — October 11, 2006 @ 4:42 pm

30. سلام:
    به خونه خوش اومدین…
    از اینکه تونستم برای شما پیام بگذارم خیلی خوشحالم.این افتخار بزرگی برای ما ایرانی هاست .وقتی خبرهاو گذارشهای شما رو دنبال می کردم حس غرور و هیجان تمام وجودم را فرا می گرفت واین نه تنها احساس من بلکه هزاران ایرانی بود .انوشه خانم ضمن خسته نباشید خدمت شما وهمه ی همسفرهاتون این افتخار بزرگ رو به شما وخانواده ی محترمتون تبریک عرض میکنم.
    خانم انصاری در صورت ممکن خوب است که تجارب و خاطرات سفرتون رو به زبان فارسی در اختیار هم وطن قرار دهید . تا آنها هم بتوانند از وبلاگتون استفاده کنند.
    سالم و پایدار باشید.

Comment by اhassan — October 11, 2006 @ 5:57 pm

31. Hi Ahousheh,

Anyway to get a autographed hat and picture from you?

Pat Freeman

Comment by screamin75 — October 11, 2006 @ 5:57 pm

32. “Edgar Mitchell, the sixth astronaut to walk on the moon, and founder of the Institute of
    Noetic Sciences, played a significant role in supporting the scientific investigation of
    consciousness. The view he had of the Earth from space gave him deep insights into the
    creative nature of consciousness in the universe:
    In one moment I realized that this universe is intelligent. It is proceeding in a direction and we
    have something to do with that direction. And that creative spirit, the creative intent that has
    been the history of this planet, comes from within us, and it is out there—it is all the same…
    Consciousness itself is what is fundamental and energy-matter is the product of consciousness…
    If we change our heads about who we are—and can see ourselves as creative, eternal beings
    creating physical experience, joined at that level of existence we call consciousness—then we
    start to see and create this world that we live in quite differently.”

(The Bleep Study Guide, citing: Resource: For more of Edgar Mitchell’s insights into the nature of consciousness read:
    Mitchell, Edgar. “As the Paradigm Shifts: Two Decades of Consciousness Research,” Noetic
    Sciences Review #24, p.7, Winter 1992. (www.noetic.org/publications/review/issue24/
    r24_Mitchell.html)”

I like the hat, but would love a response to Mr. Mitchell’s perceptions…………….

Comment by holygoodnight — October 11, 2006 @ 6:37 pm

Welcome back. I am so taken by you following one of your dreams as it lets us all know that we can do anything we put our minds to. Your space story is wonderful, but I am also impressed with the come to America and make successes of your lives as you and your husband did. I just wanted to thank you for that. I also wanted to know if I could interview you for surewoman.com. I am trying to find an email address for you and will try to contact you. Dawn

Comment by dawn prince — October 11, 2006 @ 8:40 pm

34. Hi Anousha,

How do I get 2 X prize hats signed by you?

Cheers- Geoff Weston in Dunedin.

Comment by Geoff Weston — October 11, 2006 @ 9:03 pm

35. HI
    WELLDONE
    But there is a point here:You have been in iran up to 16.how u can not speak farsi.
    My imagination is:making a world without any need to lying about ourselves origin.
    I hope newer and more imagination after coming back from space for u.
    cheers

Comment by ehsan,CA — October 12, 2006 @ 1:01 am

36. Anousheh had a phone interview with two Iranian reporters who host a space program on the Iranian TV (IRI). The interview was broadcast on the eve of her trip to space. She speaks Farsi fluently.

Comment by Armin — October 12, 2006 @ 3:13 am

37. Dear Anoushah (again),

This little video is nice, but your friends at this Blog’s “ground ops” put out the challange for someone to produce a film grab of you giving the Vulcan sign from your preflight activities. As I wrote, I searched greatly for such and was unable to find it. Considering your “INSIDE” connections with the NASA TV folks or our Russian friends, perhaps you can make a special request to obtain that image for all of us, including you and your family, to share and enjoy?

This is possible, NO?

Best Wishes!

James

Comment by James Dunn — October 12, 2006 @ 3:41 am

38. سلام خانم انصاري
    تبريكات قلبي من رو به عنوان يك ايراني از اينكه به آرزوي كودكي تان رسيديد قبول كنيد.
    اما همچنان به عنوان يك ايراني نمي توانم به اين افتخار كنم كه يكي از هموطنانم 20 ميليون دلار (صدوهشتادوچهار ميليارد ريال) خرج كرده كه از آسمان به كره زمين نگاه كنه.
    من هم مثل اكثر مردم ايران ترجيح مي دادم به جاي اينكه از آسمان به زمين نگاه مي كرديد در همين زمين نگاهي به اطرافتان و كشورتان و به سرزمين مادريتان-كه به نظر مي رسد هنور به آن وابستگي داريد- مي انداختيد تا شايد مي توانستيد كاري كنيد كه نه تنها مردم ايران چه بسا مردم دنيا به شما افتخار كنند. قطعاً من هم احساس غرور بيشتري مي كردم كه هموطني چون شما دارم.
    شما قطعاً آدم جالبي هستيد چون وقتي در زمين هستيد به آسمان نگاه مي كنيد و وقتي در آسمانيد به زمين.
    محض اطلاع شما ليستي از كارهايي كه ميشد در ايران با اين مقدار پول كرد آورده ام(البته حساب ها خيلي دست بالاست)
    اميدوارم مورد توجه تان واقع بشه.

2،000 هزينه ازدواج براي پسران.
    يا
    4،500 هزينهء جهزيه براي دختران.
    يا
    آزاد كردن 900 زنداني كه به خاطر ديه در زندانند.
    يا
    هزينه زندگي 100 خانواده 3 نفره براي 25 سال(با احتساب نرخ تورم).
    يا
    احداث 650 واحد مسكوني براي خانواده هاي بي خانمان.
    يا
    امكان ايجاد اشتغال براي5،000 نفر.
    يا
    احداث 150 مدرسه.
    يا
    خريد 200،000 تلسكوپ آماتور براي كودكاني كه هيچ گاه آسمان را به اندازه شما واضح نديده اند.

به اميد ديدار در ايران

Comment by نمو — October 12, 2006 @ 4:59 am

39. سلام خانوم انصاري
    واقعآ سعادت بزرگي نسيبتون شد كه به فضا سفر كردين
    من كه خيلي خوشحال شدم
    انشاالله هيشه موفق باشيد
    به اميد ديدار

Comment by mohsen naimi — October 12, 2006 @ 8:05 am

40. Dear X Prize Spaceblog operators,

Apparently you censored two posts of mine dated:
    Oct. 11, 1:30 PM
    Oct. 11, 9:00 PM
    (approximate times)

I would be very thankful if you kindly inform me on any regulation applied in this regard.
    I am sure you respect the right of “Freedom of Speech”.

Best Regards,

Kamran Derakhshani
    Tehran
    [Oct. 12, 1:15 pm]

Comment by Kamran Derakhshani — October 12, 2006 @ 9:46 am

41. شاید تمام تلاشهای انسان تاکنون در جهت خواسته های خویش بوده که توانسته با تمام پشتکار حتی طبیعط را رام کرده تا به اختیار خویش دراورد.رفتن شما به فضا نشاندهنده عشق و خواسته قلبی شما و پشتکار پولادی شماست.من نمیتوانم شادی قلبی شمارا احساس کنم چون قلبی چون قلب شما را ندارم که بتواند به خاطر کاری چنین عظیم،پر شور بتپد.اما من مطمئنم که قلب شما راضی تر و خوشحالتر و پر غرور تر بود وفتی که شما نصف هزینه ای را که کردید تا به خواسته دلتان برسید ، صرف بهبودی زندگی هموطنانی میکردید که از شادی قلبی قلبتان ، قلبا خوشحالند. هر چه باشد تنها یک قلب است که میتواند قلبی را خوشحال کند…

Comment by رضا — October 12, 2006 @ 3:17 pm

42. Dear Kamran Derakhshani,
    Not exactly sure what happened to those comments… but happy to see you are still speaking freely here. (confession: the button for Mark as Spam is just to the right of the button for Approve This Comment. A few contributions to this discussion went the wrong direction, due to Ground Ops dyslexia.)

Comment by X PRIZE — October 12, 2006 @ 5:46 pm

43. THREE CHEERS FOR GROUND OPS DYSLEXIA !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by James Dunn — October 12, 2006 @ 6:00 pm

44. To James Dunn (comment #43)

“The reply to morons is silence.”

Iranian Proverb

Kamran Derakhshani
    Tehran

[SEARCH……………BE THE SOURCE………………INFORM]

Comment by Kamran Derakhshani — October 12, 2006 @ 11:21 pm

45. با سلام من هم بعنوان یک ایرانی از رفتن شما به فضا خوشحال شدم ولی سئولاتی برایم پیش آمد که لازم است از شما بپرسم یکی اینکه واقعا چرا شماحاضر نشدید حتی یک جمله فارسی صحبت بکنید و می دانیم که شما بخوبی فارسی را صحبت می کنید مگر می شود کسی زبان مادری اش را فراموش کرده باشد؟
    دوم اینکه آیا بهتر نبود این همه هزینه ای که کردید را صرف امور مربوط به توسعه رشته خودتان در ایران می کردید که خیلی ها تشنه تحصیل در این زمینه هستند و درواقع برای توسعه این دانش در مقدور در کشور خود و نیاکانت تلاش کنی ؟
    ویا صرف امور مربوط به توسعه ورفاه هموطنان خود می کردی و نام خود را در سرزمین مادری ات جاودانه می کردی ؟ البته هنوز دیر نیست

البته قصد ناراحت کردن شمارا ندارم ولی این درخواستی است که بیشتر مردم ایران کم وبیش مطرح می کننددر پایان برای شما وخانواده محترمتان آرزوی موفقیت وسلامتی همیشگی می نمایم

Comment by محمدی — October 13, 2006 @ 7:38 am

You should forgive me for answering some people who still are not bright enough to get it.
    TO #38 from iran and other people in USA and elsewhere who still talk about how Anousheh should have spent her money.
    1)If you are so generous please go earn the money first then spend it as you like instead of telling her what to do with her own money.it is so easy to spend other people money.
    2)If you like to see money spend on poor and other worthy cause such as education,health,…why do you ask her and not the Government of iran who gives 2 Billion$ every year outside of iran for very questionable causes.a country like iran which has second largest OIL RESERVES after saudi arabia and

Comment by cyrus — October 13, 2006 @ 11:29 am

47. i like you.you cool girl…i’m Mantas.vots you name? i love you…

Comment by manwas — October 14, 2006 @ 9:02 am

48. Not only iranian arround the world but also people of world

We are proud of your brave.

Comment by deljou — October 14, 2006 @ 8:14 pm

49. Not only iranian people arround the world but also people of world commonly says..

We are proud of your brave.

نه فقط ايرانيان در سراسر گيتي بلكه كليه مردم جهان مشتركا
    از شجاعت شما غرور ميكنند.
    باتشكر

Comment by deljou — October 14, 2006 @ 8:17 pm

50. سلام انوشه خانم
    من علي هستم از هموطنان کورد به شما تبريک مي گم و باعث افتخار هست براي ما ايرانيان که يک خانم ايراني به همچين درجه اي والايي برسه.
    راستي اگه زحمت نيست ادرس ايميلتان را برام بفرستيد به ادرس اين وبلاگ
    [website in link]
    دوستار شما علي از ايلام

Comment by علي — October 16, 2006 @ 10:02 am

51. نمی دونم تا به حال شده که وقتی با کسی حرف میزنین یک انرژی مثبتی دریافت کنین…؟
    هر موقع که میام اینجا همین حس رو دارم. به خاطر همینه که تو اکثر لاگ هاتون نظر می نویسم.
    فقط امیدوارم که بتونین بخونینشون

Comment by Arash — October 16, 2006 @ 3:18 pm

52. خسته نباشين انوشه خانوم.
    موفق ياشين
    جسارتتون مثال زدنيه
    دوست دارم مث شما جسور باشم.
    تجربتون نوش جونتون

Comment by reza — October 16, 2006 @ 4:04 pm

53. It must have been a wonderful experience. Ah for $20M. I can’t imagine the vista from 200 miles up. So many questions I have.
    1. At lift off, is there a lot of pitch/yaw? And does the force of acceleration pin you in your seat so it’s hard to move a muscle?
    2. Can you see anything on ascent and reentry? , or are you too enclosed?
    3. On reentry, is it just the fact of slowing speed that starts the pull of gravity?
    4. Can you compare the technical aspects of Russian crafts(Soyuz and the return vessel), the shuttle and the space station. Are they similar? Are they more or less up to date with each other? Can you comment on the differences?
    5. How were the facilities at Baikonur? Austere or otherwise? It seems so from TV coverage.

I wish I lived in Texas, so I could come see you on Nov. 2nd

Comment by Blane — October 16, 2006 @ 9:21 pm

Damet garm! I have been keeping in touch with your life changes after George Mason. You might not remember me, but I graduated with Atousa and Amir. I vividly remember you and your nice family. You set a good example of hard work and courage for those who want to open their eyes and see the positive side of things. I remember your caring mom in her house in Fairfax where she always tried to keep the family close and happy by inviting your friends and show lot of love and affection. You come from a good background and that’s what is keeping you so humble. As you said it yourself, you come from a regular family and the big success is not changing you and I hope you can keep up with the right attitude and the right messages you are sending to everyone. Lot of young kids are looking up to you now. You set the right example for the next generation, especially Iranian females. My hat is off to you and I wish you continued success in life.

Comment by Fariba — October 17, 2006 @ 5:15 am

55. سلام خانم انصاري از اينكه تونستين بار سختي به نام حسادت را كه در هر قلب ايراني به خاطر نداشتن افتخار حضور در ماورا را از بين بردين واقعا ممنونم مي خواستم اگه ميشه در مورد اون بالا ها براي ايراني هاي مقيم يا غيره باز گو كنين
    ممنونم از الطافتون
    شيلا از لندن

Comment by sheila — October 17, 2006 @ 11:39 am

56. Terrific stuff! I also wanted to express my appreciation for having the vlog closed captioned. As a Deaf adult, most vlogs made by people who do not sign are not accessible to me.

Keep it up and thanks for thinking of the Deaf community!

Comment by Barinthus — October 17, 2006 @ 6:51 pm

57. Anousheh – I find many similairities between your writings and those of Charles Lindberg’s “Spirit of St. Louis”….including his descriptions of those who didn’t believe in him before he went, the few who made his dream a reality, and those who wanted a piece of him after his flight. But his wonderful book drew such vivid pictures in my mind as a kid, it became a source of my life-long fascination with flight and then space. Your writings do the same for me, and millions of others. Ignore the negativity – in fact, filter it out and bathe in the positive love so many feel for you. And, please find someone to help you assemble all this into a book and expand on it. All the best to you – Jim Hawk

Comment by Jim Hawk — October 17, 2006 @ 10:31 pm

58. Hi dear Anousheh:
    I’m really proud of you, and also I hope to see you more successful in the future.
    I was at work when I read that you came back from the space, and you cannot believe that on that moment I was so happy and I was crying so bad.
    I just want to tell you that you are always our brave sister.
    Love leyla.

Comment by Leyla Khodadoost — October 18, 2006 @ 5:19 pm

59. salam

Comment by reza nikseresht — October 18, 2006 @ 8:17 pm

60. Ba salam khedmate khanoome mohtarame Ansari,
    man kheili khoshhal hastam ke ba shoma mitoonam ertebet dashte basham, vaghti ke barnameie shoma ra az OPERAH didam, va vaghti migoftin ke az bachegi be asemoon negah mikardin va dar in arezoo boodin, hes kardam ke harfe dele man ra zadin. man ham mesle shoma asheghe asemoon va setareh hash hastam, va ziad asemoon ra negah mikonam, yadam miad avvalin bari ke ba aziztarin kase zendegim gharar dashtam behesh goftam age mitoone “Khoosheie Parvin” ro neshoonam bede!! ( nemidoonam englisie in 7 setare chi mishe. va eshghe man pa gereft.
    be har hal, khanoome ansari, tooie yeki az site ha peighami didam az ye adame bi liaghate nam iran ke be shoma bad gofte bood. man ham barash peigham gozashtam ke ma ye proverb darim ke mige ” ba harfe gorbe siahe baroon nemiad”. kheili delam shekast ke baazi adam ha cheshm nadaran piroozi va movafaghiate digaran ra bebinand, khanoome ansari, man har shab baraie shoma sare namazam doa mikonam. shoma har jaii ke bashid, che be irani boodanetoon eftekhar konid che nakonid, va va va, man kari be in harfa nadaram, man be shoma be cheshme kasi negah mikonam ke maieie eftekhare hameie ensan ha hastin az har rango poosto nejadi ke hastan. man mikham be oon adamaii ke ba onvan kardane injoor masaiel ke shoma irano boodanetoono ketman mikonid ya na, va gheire ,begam TA KEI MIKHAHIM VAGHT VA ENERGYE KHODEMOONO SARF KONIM KE IRANI BOODAN YA NABOODANEMOONO BAYAN MIKONIM YA NA, MOHEM INE KE ENSAN BOODAN VA ENSANIATEMOONO BE HAME BERESOONIM CHON HAMEIE MA ENSANHA AZ YE ASL HASTIM TANHA MOGHEIATE MAKANIE MA KHOOIE MA RA AVAZ KARDE, SAI KONIM KE AMSALE KHANOOME ANSARI RA SAR MASHGH GHARAR BEDAHIM VA AZ VAGHTEMOON ESTEFADE KONIM KE PISHRAFT KONIMO BERIM JOLO.”
    be omide salamati va behroozie shoma.

Comment by bahar — October 19, 2006 @ 12:30 pm

61. omidvaram hamvareh salamt bashid, agar baraietan maghdoor bood, baram javab bedin.
    boosehaie faravan